WWE SummerSlam Feedback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You got that right. DB got his heart felt celebration.
Not to mention how heart-wrenching it was to see him lose it so soon after. It's important to remember that these are performers telling a story and tonight they told one perfectly. Everyone involved in that match should be proud of their accomplishments tonight and in all honesty, that is what wrestling is all about. Wins and losses and titles are secondary to crafting a tale that people want to keep watching. I'm probably the biggest Bryan mark on this site and have been watching him since The Era of Honor Begins. I'm totally satisfied with the conclusion to the match tonight and can't wait to see how he proves himself even more as a true chaser of the belt. If you're worried about them "missing their opportunity to make him" as some people are saying, don't bother, he's already made and that will never change.

Fuck I loved that match.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The other thing I am on the fence about is when Cena grabbed him before talking to him and shaking his and HHH's hand then walking out. They had one of their best opportunities to turn him heel and they didn't pull the trigger. It would have been better using him, HHH, and Orton to turn on DB and really make that crowd go nuts.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not to mention how heart-wrenching it was to see him lose it so soon after. It's important to remember that these are performers telling a story and tonight they told one perfectly. Everyone involved in that match should be proud of their accomplishments tonight and in all honesty, that is what wrestling is all about. Wins and losses and titles are secondary to crafting a tale that people want to keep watching. I'm probably the biggest Bryan mark on this site and have been watching him since The Era of Honor Begins. I'm totally satisfied with the conclusion to the match tonight and can't wait to see how he proves himself even more as a true chaser of the belt. If you're worried about them "missing their opportunity to make him" as some people are saying, don't bother, he's already made and that will never change.

Fuck I loved that match.
You got that right. Daniel Bryan has already been made. The guy they missed the boat on was Dolph Ziggler, but that's not here nor there ATM.

The interaction between DB and Viper on RAW tomorrow night, on top of Triple H's explanations, is enough to draw us in to keep us watching and in anticipation.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The other thing I am on the fence about is when Cena grabbed him before talking to him and shaking his and HHH's hand then walking out. They had one of their best opportunities to turn him heel and they didn't pull the trigger. It would have been better using him, HHH, and Orton to turn on DB and really make that crowd go nuts.
I've given up on the train of Cena turning heel. WWE will keep their heads in the sand about how much he needs it.

The Viper

Reaction score
I was legit upset when HHH hit Bryan with the pedigree. And I knew it was coming.

Fuck, it was so good.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was legit upset when HHH hit Bryan with the pedigree. And I knew it was coming.

Fuck, it was so good.
The other thing that pissed me off is I knew it was coming and he took too long to do it! Everytime he raised his hand again I was expecting it! :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Fuck, it was so good.

Now that means something. WWE has great performers under their belt if nothing else.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I was less upset with it than you were Vips but they did have the timing down pat because we all thought he was heading to the back and was going to wait but no. HHH took it to a new level and Randy came back and finished him off. It was so great.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
One more thing I didn't like was Del Rio winning again. I think they are overlooking a decent run with Christian and allowing him to showcase even more instead of a boring guy that no one seems to like period and seriously think about matches between Christian and Sandow and Christian and Rhodes. Those would be decent matches and much more fun than anything Del Rio has done with just about anyone.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
One more thing I didn't like was Del Rio winning again. I think they are overlooking a decent run with Christian and allowing him to showcase even more instead of a boring guy that no one seems to like period and seriously think about matches between Christian and Sandow and Christian and Rhodes. Those would be decent matches and much more fun than anything Del Rio has done with just about anyone.
The "classic" that Christian had with Rhodes for the IC title last year doesn't exactly inspire me into thinking things would be any better this time around. On the SD side of things you have freshly turned face Cody (who just beat the guy who odds on will be the WHC sooner rather than later so there's a free feud), face Dolph and potentially some of the next batch of NXT call up's. I'd much rather Del Rio be champ than Christian at this point, particularly since we don't even know how much longer he'll be around for. Not to mention, you can even run Del Rio/RVD for the next PPV if you want because the fans will be firmly behind RVD just like they were with Christian.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The "classic" that Christian had with Rhodes for the IC title last year doesn't exactly inspire me into thinking things would be any better this time around. On the SD side of things you have freshly turned face Cody (who just beat the guy who odds on will be the WHC sooner rather than later so there's a free feud), face Dolph and potentially some of the next batch of NXT call up's. I'd much rather Del Rio be champ than Christian at this point, particularly since we don't even know how much longer he'll be around for. Not to mention, you can even run Del Rio/RVD for the next PPV if you want because the fans will be firmly behind RVD just like they were with Christian.

It's a year later and Rhodes has gotten better in that time too. It's true we don't know how much longer Christian will be around but it feels like Del Rio has been carrying that belt around for the last few years now. I am quite bored of him right now and want some of the others to get a push. I still think that Christian having the belt would do well for a little while then have him drop the belt to Sandow or Rhodes or hell even Ziggler. Just a change of scenery will be nice.