WWE Summerslam 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
WWE Summerslam 2014
August, 17th 2014
Live from Los Angeles, Calafionia

SummerSlam_logo.14a.png

We are live on Sky Sports Box Office for the biggest Pay Per View of the summer! Before any action got underway, Hulk Hogan came out and said a few words and just mainly came out to say the WWE Network is only $9.99, but guess what, us over in the UK don't have the network yet so stop rubbing it in!

WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (Champion) vs Dolph Ziggler

This is one of those matches by looking down the card which i thought would just be a filler match slotted in there, but it's good to see these two get time and is a perfect choice to start of the PPV. Ziggler starts things off being in complete control, until The Miz rolls out of dodge, but he runs into a Ziggler clothesline. Back inside the ring and Miz connects with a nice big boot to the face and starts working some heely tactics. Ziggler is on the comeback, until him and Miz echange counter holds until out of no where Ziggler superkicks the moneymaker but only gets a two count for his efforts. That starts of a "Lets go Ziggler" chant which always gets the blood flowing. Miz though rolls out of the ring and grabs the Intercontinental Championship, however, Ziggler nails him with a baseball slide. We are back inside the ring again and Miz applies a Figure Four Leglock and Ziggler thankfully manages to get to the bottom rope. Ziggler out of no where nails a Rocker Dropper but Miz lands so hard he bounces back to his feet and he hits a Skull Crushing Finale, but Ziggler kicks out at the last possible second. The Miz is angry and he goes to kick Ziggler's head off but, Ziggler moves and nails a Zig Zag! He covers The Miz and gets the three count and we have a new Intercontinetal Champion! Boy, i was emotionally invested in this one and i loved the nearfalls towards the end of the match. **1/2 I hope this won't just be a story of Ziggler losing the strap the next night on RAW because i hope they give him a decent reign and then have Bad News Barrett vs Ziggler when he returns from injury.

WWE Divas Championship - AJ Lee (Champion) vs Paige

This could be the first time in several years that the WWE has produced a very impressive womens storyline. The backstory to this one is that Paige and AJ were freinds and teaming together, until Paige turned heel and keeps costing AJ matches against Eva Marie and that is cruel on its own right. This Divas Championship match starts off with AJ bitting the hand of Paige, but Paige sucks her in and connects with several hard knees to the face. AJ manages to recover and hits a diving clothesline off the top rope onto Paige on the floor below! Back inside the ring and AJ connects with a shinning wizard but Paige gets her shoulders up before the three count. Paige out of no where manages to connect with a nice superkick and goes for the Paige Turner, but AJ in mid flight turns it into the Black Widow submission hold! Paige turns that though into the RamPaiger and covers AJ and gets the three count and we have a new Divas Champion, Paige! ** This match was much better than there letdown match at the Battleground Pay Per View and proved that the Divas Division can wrestle, well these two can.

Flag Match - Jack Swagger vs Rusev

The WWE had me confused on this one because i was going into this one expecting a flag to be hung up on some kind of pole and when they just started wrestling normal i was just baffled that the commentators didn't point this out, so all this match is, is a normal wrestling match. Before the referee can ring the bell, Rusev attacks Swagger, but Swagger is having none of it and he grabs the ankle and applies the Patriot Lock until the referee breaks things up to officially start this contest. Swagger immediately starts going to work on the leg and ankle of the big Russian and a loud "We The People" chant is bursting from the crowd. Swagger nails a hard hitting clothesline on the floor and goes for a Swagger Bomb, but Rusev gets his knees up just in time. Rusev goes on to apply a abdominal stretch, which is some great in ring phycoligy and Swagger already has a tapped up stomach. Swagger is on the comeback and he hits a belly to belly suplex and a Swagger Bomb. Rusev though out of no where hits a lush superkick which hit him right on the button and makes my day by applying a modified Acolade because his ankle is hurting so much, Brilliant how hard is it to just pop something like that into the match and just tell a god dam story in that squared circle. Swagger counters it into the Patriot Lock and i am thinking he is going to tap as is the whole of the Staples Center but Rusev pushes him off and conects with a spinning heel kick. Rusev applies a second Acolade but this time it is wrenched in properly but he is still selling with his face and Swagger passes out due to the pain. *** After the match Rusev superkicks Zeb Colter and they pose with the Russian flag. Good stuff, some really good story telling and in ring phycoligy in this one which i did not expect.

Lumberjack Match - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

I can nearly guarantee that everyone who is reading this thought the same thing, why i Lumberjack Match? I will give anyone anything if they can name me three amazing Lumberjack matches because i can't even name one. This match starts off with both men exchanging strikes until Ambrose takes control. Rollins hits a nice reverse STO into the middle turnbuckle and Ambrose misses a crossbody off the top rope. Ambrose,, who is on the apron, suplex's Rollins who is inside the ring onto several wrestlers on the outside in a great looking spot and Rollins face hits hard on the announce table. Rollins and Ambrose brawl on the outside and all the lumberjacks are trying to separate them, but the jobbers they are fail and Ambrose back body drops Rollins over the barricade. Ambrose goes on to suicide dive some lumberjacks and runs on all three announce tables and jumps over the barricade onto Rollins which leads to them bawling all the way through the crowd. Rollins escapes from Ambrose, but the lumberjacks hoist him up in the air and walk him to the ring, but Ambrose is on the top rope and he hits a elbow drop onto Rollins who is positioned on all of the lumberjacks! Back in the ring and Ambrose hits a insane clothesline which turns Rollins inside and out and that starts off a well deserved "This is Awsome" chant from the crowd inside the Staples Center. Ambrose out of no where hits a Curve Stomp which looks like it is going to be the finish but Kane pulls him off! Goldust comes in and he brawls with Kane for a second and all of a sudden chaos reigns supreme because every lumberjack is brawling everywhere and as the referee is trying to regain control, Rollins smashes Ambrose on the head with his Money In The Bank briefcase to get the win! Great action and is definitely the greatest lumberjack match there has ever been or ever will be, big props to both Ambrose and Rollins for taking a horrible match type and turning it into something special! ****

Bray Wyatt vs Chris Jericho

Out of every match that there was on the card this is the one i was least looking forward to, due to the fact that there match at the Battleground Pay Per View was so lackluster. The match starts off with Jericho hitting a springboard shoulder block to Wyatt who is on the apron and he also hits a crossbody of the top for a two count. Wyatt is in control and he applies a chinlock and Jericho is on the comeback and he hits a enzigury, but Wyatt stops him momentum with a back splash. For some strange reason, so far tonight this is the only match i don't give two shits about who wins and who loses which is a very weird feeling. Bray hits a DDT on the apron and Jericho hits a hurricanrana of the top rope. Bray hits a Sister Abigail onto the barricade and a Sister Abigail in the ring to end the torture. *1/2 When i gave this rating i feel like i am being rather generous because this match bored me to death and i don't know weather it was because it had to follow the awesome match before or as i said earlier i just don't care. Everyone else probably loved it but this is my story and i am sticking to it.

Stephanie Mcmahon vs Brie Bella

Now this is a match that has been built right. Stephanie stripped Daniel Bryan of the World Championship at Payback and Brie slapped Stephanie which got her fired. A few months later on RAW Stephanie slapped Brie who was in the crowd and that got her arrested. Brie used this as a weapon to one get her job back and two to have a match with Stephanie at Summerslam. This is the first time since No Mercy 2003 where Stephanie has wrestled and she looks better than she has ever looked before. The match starts off with Stephanie in control and everything she does for the whole entire match looks better than half of the Divas Division can come up with. Brie goes for a suicide dive but in mid air Stephanie slams her head into the apron in a nice looking spot. Stephanie remains in control for a few minutes, until Brie is on the comeback and she hits a dropkick of the second rope. Triple H comes out, followed by Niki Bella and Stephanie goes to Pedigree Brie, but Brie counters it into the Yes Lock, but Triple H slides the referee out of the ring. Brie baseball slides Triple H and Niki and Brie trap Stephanie, but Niki pushes Stephanie and knocks out her own sister in the most obvious heel turn in the history of pro wrestling. Stephanie hits the Pedigree to get the win. *3/4

Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns

It's the most overated wrestler in the WWE today Roman Reigns facing off against the most under appreciated talent on the roster today Randy Orton. This match will either be good or bad and it all depends on the mood the Viper is in. Reigns starts this match off with some strikes as usual, until Orton launches him into the steel steps and slows the pace down to a near stop with a chinlock. Reigns tries to gain some momentum by applying a sleeper hold but Orton falls back and lands on Reigns which breaks his grip. Orton hits a nice belly to back suplex before applying the second chinlock of the match. Reigns gets out of that and hits a Samoan drop and they exchange some hard hitting strikes in the centre of the ring, until Reigns knocks him down with a big clothesline. Reigns then hits a running dropkick onto the apron and Orton launches him into the barricade. Orton has snapped and he hits a belly to back suplex onto the announce table and viciously launches him into the steel steps again. Back in the ring and Reigns has Orton on the top rope and Reigns hits a Samoan drop of the top rope which recieves a good pop and he also hits a Superman Punch. Reigns signifies for the spear but Orton pushes him away and Reigns ducks a back elbow and jumps into the spear but in mid flight Orton counters it into a powerslam! My god when this man is in the zone there is nobody better than him in the entire industry. He covers him and i am off my seat but at the last split second Reigns just pops his shoulder up! Orton has lost it and he hits a drapper DDT from the second rope and signifies for the RKO. Orton goes for it but Reigns pushes him away and goes for a spear but Orton again in mid flight hits a freakin RKO and covers him but still dam it only got a two count. Orton shows to the crowd that he is going for the punt but when he tries Reigns sweeps his legs and out of no where hits the Spear to get the win. What a story the young lion overcoming all the odds to knock off the top dog, props to Orton for putting him over. ***** I know going the full star rating might be a bit much but dam it to good i haven't been as emotionally invested in a match since Wrestlemania 26 between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Near falls, Insane spots and incredible storytelling is what professional wrestling is to me and they delivered on every single one of those points. That was awesome!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match - John Cena (Champion) vs Brock Lesnar

After that emotional roller coaster man am i ready to see one John Cena get his ass kicked. The match starts off with Cena immediately going to work on the challenger with some strikes in the corner, but the Beast is having none of that as he viciously dissects Cena with some nasty blows and mainly punches to the skull. Suddenly, Lesnar hits a F-5 and he goes for the cover but super Cena kicks out at two, i thought he had him, but i don't mind some longer beating of John Cena. Lesnar hits two released German suplex and on the last one he landed heavily on his kneck. Cena tries to fight back but Lesnar connects with some nasty knee shots to the ribs which legitimately look stiff. Lesnar also hits six more released German suplex's and every single one, Cena lands badly on his kneck and at this point it is starting to get uncomfortable to watch, but then you realise all the misery Cena has put me through so i eager Brock to continue this insane beat down. Lesnar goes for a second F-5 but Cena slides down the back of him and hits a AA but thankfully Lesnar kicks out at two. Lesnar sits up like The Undertaker and completely no sells Cena's finisher because he was up to his feet before Cena and Cena to his credit had a great look of shock on his face. Lesnar next hits five rolling German suplex's and the way he gets Cena back up is just quick frightening, literally picking him up like he is a one hundred pound man. Lesnar hits three more German suplex's and again all three land terribly wrong for Cena and his kneck. But a miracle happens and that's that Cena applies a STF and he snugs it up! Wow am i watching one hell of a Pay Per View. Lesnar counters by pushing him away and he hits the second F-5 of the match and covers him and we have a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar. **** Again i was so emotionally invested in the match that at times i forgot i was watching a fake sport with pre determined results but that's the true art of professional wrestling and these guys delivered on the promise of the biggest fight of the summer!

Overall - 8/10
This was definetly one of the greatest Summerslam's of all time for me personally. We saw a five star match, two four star m atches and the only bad match on the card for me was the Jericho vs Bray Wyatt match but that's only because i didn't give two shits to who won. I know not everyone will agree with me but, this is my story and i am sticking with it.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Nice review! Agree with biggest 'fight' of the summer!

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
Thanks for the kind feedback!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Reigns is TOO green for a 5 star match. He was led around like a lost child for most of that match.

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
I agree with Reigns but Orton was on and when he is on there is no one better in the sport of Pro Wrestling.
Looking back i would give it a four maybe four and a half but at the time of watching i felt like i was watching something special

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have it at **3/4, it takes two people to make a match and I felt the crowd was overreactin'.

Now Cena/Punk created magic at MITB I'd rate that up there. Can you see the difference?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Reigns is TOO green for a 5 star match. He was led around like a lost child for most of that match.
There are people who said Cena was led by Punk to a 5 star match......Those people are what I like to call stupid.

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
I don't know it might be that i was so emotionally invested because Orton to me is what Punk and Bryan is to the IWC. I think maybe a 4 star but when writting it after watching i was just in one of them really good moves and on my pad i had it at 4 but when i was writting i just went with 5 as instinct because of how much i enjoyed it

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know it might be that i was so emotionally invested because Orton to me is what Punk and Bryan is to the IWC. I think maybe a 4 star but when writting it after watching i was just in one of them really good moves and on my pad i had it at 4 but when i was writting i just went with 5 as instinct because of how much i enjoyed it
Just rate however you want, it's still your review.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice review. Will comment further when I have seen the card.

Also love the fact that you still call Wrestling a sport, you are my kind of a guy!

Last edited:

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
Nice review. Will comment further when I have seen the card.

Also love the fact that you still call Wrestling a sport, you are my kind of a guy!

Because to me it is a sport and i take great pride in writing something that i love so much

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Good for you wasn't knocking just commenting. Besides its the real world which is fake not wrestling!8D