WWE Suffers Legal Setback In Lawsuit Involving The Big Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
PR-BG.com issued the following announcement today about WWE suffering a legal setback in the ongoing lawsuit filed by former WWE producer Andrew Green involving the Big Show:

WWE TOSSED FROM FEDERAL COURT

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) was thrown for a loss last week when the United States District Court in Arizona rejected WWE’s efforts to transfer a lawsuit filed by one of its former road producers to the federal court.

On September 18th, United States District Judge G. Murray Snow, held that the lawsuit, filed against WWE and star wrestler Paul Wight, known as “Big Show,” should be returned to the Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix, Arizona, where it was originally filed in April 2013.

The suit charges that WWE road producer Andrew Green suffered damages when Big Show attacked him, without provocation, as Mr. Green was trying to arrange to have Big Show appear for a scheduled on-camera interview.

That assault was captured on videotape and posted by WWE on the Internet. WWE moved the lawsuit to the federal court in Arizona shortly after it was filed, claiming that the allegations by Green involved issues of federal copyright law.

Green and his wife, through their counsel, Hartley Bernstein, disagreed, arguing that the claims against WWE and Big Show centered on the injuries suffered by Green as a result of the assault, and the mental harm, humiliation and emotional injury he suffered when the video was placed on the Internet. In rejecting WWE’s efforts to move the case into federal court, Judge Snow held that the rights Green (and his wife) are struggling to protect are “freedom from ridicule and emotional distress,” which are “{qualitatively different from copyright rights.”

He went on to explain that “this additional element of emotional harm, due not to unauthorized use but widespread humiliation, changes the nature of the action from a copyright claim to a separate state-law tort claim.”

The Greens are represented by Hartley Bernstein of the New York law firm, Bernstein Cherney LLP and George Mueller of the Mueller Law Group, P.A. in Phoenix Arizona.

Read more: WWE Suffers Legal Setback In Lawsuit Involving The Big Show | PWMania

What get's me is the fact that WWE would post it. It doesn't sound to professional to post a real assault on the WWE website. Plus I'm sure Big Show had a reason for attacking him (If this is real) because nobody fights for no reason.

Edit: Didn't mean for a part of the link to be in the title. I am unable to change it.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why didn't WWE claim "this was a work" and the Green guy is just trying to get a "free ride" and dupe the legal system into a payday? If they aired the thign online, wouldn't be that far of a stretch to claim work.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pity that this frivolous lawsuit hasn't been thrown out completely. Can't believe that this is still clogging up the courts just because this guy wants a payout. A wrestler did a promo angry and he is upset, was clearly in the wrong business.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't see this as a big deal and I probeley wouldn't sue unless I was badly injuried, but if what he said happened is true then I am still on Green's side of this, he was not a trained worker and should have been informed ahead of time if it was planned that Show would lose it with him.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Did they mock this last night when he lifted Maddox?