WWE Still Leaving Benoit Out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Question: Why would WWE want to show Benoit? I'm not one of the haters, but it would be extremely bad for the 'kid-friendly' image to promote a man better known for a double murder suicide than wrestling.

Moonlight Drive

My IQ is a healthy 160, due to be Australian.'

But really, I'm sure WWE actually wants to show Benoit. But they can't. It'd be the same for anybody, Hogan, Flair, Michaels, HHH (even him). Promoting somebody like that is terrible for business.

noumenon

heh....if it were HHH who killed his wife and kids I'm sure Vince would have a little more of a problem on his hands...........:shocking:

Kizza

Question: Why would WWE want to show Benoit? I'm not one of the haters, but it would be extremely bad for the 'kid-friendly' image to promote a man better known for a double murder suicide than wrestling.

Oh no, he definitely shouldn't be portrayed on anything to do with WWE, but I find it bad when wrestling fans cannot look past the murder and appreciate the fine years of wrestling that Chris gave us. I mean, we do watch wrestling, not how their private life unfolds.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Honestly, once they finally settle this Chris Nowinski case, we'll have Benoit DVD's and shit. They can't do it now because of legal troubles. His family won't allow for it at the moment because the details surrounding everything are still unclear. Nowinski may have a very substantial role to play in this, until they determine whether Nowinski's correct, they won't have anything.

Here's the thing. If Nowinski is right and the concussions say that Benoit wasn't responsible for his actions it doesn't matter because at the root he still was. The concussions are his fault still. ANYWAY.

I suspect it'll be a "Rise and Fall" DVD. Vince has said he doesn't want to ignore the career of Benoit, but they're not allowed to show anything at the moment.

This.

This is exactly why we will see a video. There is too much money in an American Justice style, Chris Benoit video for one not to be done. If Vince doesn't do it someone else will and not as crassly or as commercially. And really we all want the dirt so drag out WWE Confidential one more time Vince...

the only thing there is no doubt about is there is no where near enough proof.

Sorry but you're an idiot. There is plenty of evidence. Him buying the steroids and other drugs used in the murders the day before. There's the bibles, that is an incredibly personal touch, not something that would be used by a random. There's the manner in which they were killed, the text messages to Chavo and finally the time line. Benoit died last. There is so much evidence that Benoit did the only people still holding back are the younger, naive kids who still don't get it.

Wrestling already has a bad enough image in the media and the Benoit tragedy only exacerbated it.

For a few months, yeah. Nobody gives a damn about wrestling anymore though. What they are ready for is some gruesome details about the crime. Because everyone has that crude voyeur inside.