WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 8/10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Dark Match:

* Wade Barrett returned to defeat Zack Ryder.

SmackDown:

* General Manager Booker T kicks off the show to a big hometown pop. He talks about Sheamus taking Alberto Del Rio's Ferrari on RAW. Booker thinks Sheamus should apologize. Sheamus comes out and apologizes. Del Rio comes out and threatens trouble with the police for Sheamus taking his car. Del Rio is upset with Booker for not punishing Sheamus. Booker grants Del Rio a World Heavyweight Title shot for tonight's main event.

* Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes in a fairly quick match. Rhodes kept trying to take off Cara's mask.

* Christian defeated Antonio Cesaro with a spear. Cesaro attacked Christian after the match and beat him around the ring.

* Randy Orton beat Jack Swagger in another quick match.

* Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins walk in on Booker T and Teddy Long in the back. Booker says only the best are welcome to perform on Friday nights. Reks tries to plead his case but gets ignored.

* Jinder Mahal beat two unidentified jobbers at 0:38. The fans were wondering about Ryback here. Mahal won an odd match, then went for a double Camel Clutch until Ryback interrupted to a reaction. Ryback chased off Mahal, upset that he stole his handicap squash gimmick. So, Ryback delivered a double backpack drop to the jobbers. Afterward, Ryback led the crowd in a Feed Me More chant, which is slowly getting over.

* Highlight Reel: Jericho started to intro the segment, but Vickie interrupted. She said she is here to speak on Dolph’s behalf tonight. Jericho said he’s flexible and he can interview Dolph’s mother. Vickie vowed to leave this show if he offers one more insult. Jericho comically told her to leave, then brought her back. Jericho rolled footage of Ziggler losing to Alex Riley on Raw, then Vickie suggested Ziggler will face Jericho at Summerslam. Jericho got serious and said Ziggler got him thinking, so he’s bringing back Y2J. He then accepted the PPV match. Suddenly, Ziggler came through the crowd to attack Jericho from behind and KO him with the MITB briefcase.

* Darren Young and Titus O'Neil beat Primo and Epico by DQ in a #1 contenders match. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth interfered from commentary after AW threw a drink on them. Primo and Epico argued with Kofi and Truth after the match.

* Backstage segment with Eve Torres and Booker T, who refuses to hire her again. Kaitlyn comes in and gets a job. Booker makes Eve vs. Kaitlyn for next week with the winner getting the job of his assistant.

* Rey Mysterio beat IC champ The at 4:50 in a non-title match. This was pretty good and started to get better before Rey abruptly won with a roll-up countering the SCF.

Miz was still in the ring after the loss. He demanded someone come right his wrong as IC champion. After a pause, Triple H’s music played to bring out Hunter, who pointed to the top of the arena to survey the big crowd. Hunter then popped Miz with a Pedigree and promptly left.

* Back to live Smackdown, Daniel Bryan came out to a huge reaction of Yes! chants in his face. The guy’s gimmick is way over. Bryan, after being barraged by Yes! chants, squatted down in the ring to sell he was overwhelmed by it. Bryan called out AJ, then Kane interrupted to set up their Summerslam match. Suddenly, AJ came out as Booker’s special guest tonight. AJ moved along to Kane and thanked him for treating her well. AJ either forget her lines or was really stretching things out, which lost the crowd. She then told Bryan to prove he doesn’t have anger management and a good sport. He can do that by shaking Kane’s hand. Bryan shouted, “No!” AJ then talked down to Bryan, who extended his hand, but Kane blasted him. A fight broke out before Bryan ran away into the crowd. On-stage, AJ knelt down and laughed like a crazy person before Kane shot off his pyro in the ring.

Suddenly, AJ’s music played again. She just skipped out, skipped around the ring, and disappeared to the back.

* Before the main event World Title match started, five “cops” came to the ring. Del Rio told them to stop because he didn’t file the police report and wanted his title match. Sheamus tried to fight off the cops, but they out-numbered him. Crowd didn’t buy this at all. Del Rio then blasted Sheamus. No sign of Booker or face help. Del Rio continued the attack, then slapped on the cross arm-breaker. Still no help for Sheamus. Apparently that was the end…of…Smackdown? Weird angle that fell flat while teaching kids to hate cops.

After Del Rio left, Sheamus was helped out of the ring by refs. Lilian then announced the non-TV main event. John Cena came out first, then Vickie excused herself on-stage. She said Laurinaitis has been fired, so she found a replacement, Ziggler. Big Show then came out to join Ziggler in a handicap match.

Source: PWTorch

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
My thoughts:

-Booker as GM is awesome. He's sure to make the show entertaining, and he's acting like a real person instead of the babyface that loves babyfaces. Sheamus stole Del Rio's car, so he should pay repercussions for that. (Thanks for bringing that up, WWE!) He may not like Eve, but he'll give her a chance. Can they please pin each other so we can watch both each week? :gusta:

-Why are Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, and Christian winning? I hate WWE's babyface fetish. One of the best talents you have, the IC champion, and the #1 contender to the US championship/new guy who you're trying to get over, are all jobbing to guys who have nothing going on atm. It won't hurt the faces' credibility at all to lose this one match, it'll be forgotten but a nice step for the heels, but WWE has to "send the kids home happy"... Why is Miz taking the Pedigree? The rumors of WWE not being high on him anymore are true.

-What is this? A Reks and Hawkins appearance on both Raw AND Smackdown! :yay:

-You want to make Orton look strong, you send a jobber out there and let Orton beat his ass. You don't let him go over #1 contenders when he has nothing to do for the forseeable future (maybe Barrett?) A step in the right direction, thank you.

-YAY FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT! That Jinder Mahal segment sounds amazing. Not sure if Mahal can pull this segment off, but we'll see. The ref calling for the DQ because AW outsmarted the tag champs AND screwed over Epico/Primo? Awesome! Great way to get heat. It's a shame the tag division is so insufferable right now because the booking of Titus and Darren is awesome, and so is AW.

-And then there was... something different. I love promo segments to promote feuds, but this Bryan/Kane thing looks Blue beyond belief, and the ME sounds like a total clustermess.

The show could be good, you really can't tell based on these.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Reports from the live tapings say that it was a good live show and the arena was sold out.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Good and bad in this show.

Good:
- Ryback/Mahal
- Booker T
- Jericho/Vickie/Dolph segment
- Prime time players #1 contenders
- Cesaro/Christian feud?

Bad:
- Miz jobbing
- Clusterfuck main event

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:obama: Seems good, I'm interested in this Mahal/Ryback feud now, both these guys need it.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
i will wait to watch it tomorrow :burns:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'll definitely watch this episode since it has gotten good live reviews. + I am a Smackdown guy.