WWE Smackdown Spoilers for Friday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
- Correspondents Gregory H. and Alicia are in attendance for tonight's WWE tapings in Hershey, PA. Stay tuned for full spoilers from the tapings

* The show opens with Mark Henry beating Daniel Bryan up backstage. He brings Bryan out to the ring and hit him with more including a World's Strongest Slam. Officials pulled Bryan out of the ring and Henry talked about beating Big Show at Survivor Series.

* Vickie Guerrero came out to announce that Dolph Ziggler will defend against Zack Ryder at Survivor Series and be int he 5-on-5 match. Dolph defeated Sin Cara next with help from Jack Swagger.

* Mason Ryan came out to help Cara. Mason vs. Swagger is next and Mason wins.

* Backstage segment with Zack Ryder, Big Show and Justin Gabriel.

* Ted DiBiase and Hornswoggle are playing WWE '12 backstage. Teddy Long and Aksana come in and there's not much at all to this segment.

* Christian came out wearing a neckbrace, a boot on his foot and using a crutch. Christian will be there to support Team Barrett at Survivor Series. Christian just wants "one more match."

* AJ Lee and Big Show are checking on Daniel Bryan in the back with trainers. Big Show is pissed and is ready for Henry.

* Ted DiBiase beat Derek Bateman (w/Maxine). DiBiase won with Dream Street. And, no, in case you were hoping for a music change. Ted still comes from money.

* Backstage, Show was looking for Henry. Jinder Mahal and Tyson Kidd said he wasn't around. Mahal said something in Punjabi. Show asked Kidd if he caught that, Kidd replied no, and Show knocked Jinder out. Kidd meekly walked away. Funny.

* Show came to the ring in sweats. He cut a promo on Henry and said that after Henry forced Bryan to be carried out tonight, Show is gonna force Henry to be carried out at Survivor Series. He then did a stupid little thing with his WMD fist and then chuckled like even he realized it was silly.

* Kofi Kingston pinned Hunico with the SOS. Hunico cut a promo entirely in Spanish before the match. Jim felt they had decent chemistry.

* A Zeke Jackson vignette aired. "Seriously? How many times can they try with this guy. Mooooove onnnnn," writes Zack.

* Beth Phoenix and Natalya defeated A.J. and Kaitlyn. Natalya made A.J. tap to the Sharpshooter.

* Mark Henry vs. Big Show with Booker T as special referee was announced as the dark match.

* They showed the full Survivor Series lineup and only the two world title, the traditional tag, and the Rock and John Cena vs. The Miz and R-Truth matches were shown. No sign of a U.S. Title match there.

* Randy Orton made his entrance. Followed by Sheamus. Then Wade Barrett and finally Cody Rhodes. "He just feels more major league than ever after losing the mask," writes Zack. The tag main event is next.

* Sheamus and Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes by DQ. Christian came out on crutches during the match. He hit Sheamus with a crutch for the DQ. Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Cody, and Orton delivered the RKO to Barrett. Sheamus hit Cody with the Celtic Cross.​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
- I like how they're focusing on Henry hurting people and using Bryan being relevant to this. Could Henry/Bryan happen at WM?

- Ziggler double-duty again, I'm hearing spoilers that it's actually Morrison not Ryder. But we will see..

- Nice usage of Mason Ryan making the save, focusing on SS.

- They're really trying hard with DiBiase being face, is it working? I doubt it.

- Christian injured and they still find a way to use him, GOLD!

- DiBiase over Bateman, really? They need to use DiBiase going over someone like Hunico to make him at least somewhat relevant.

- Hey Jinder is still here with WWE... Is going nowhere at all. Yipee?

- I'm dreading Henry/Show now reading this Show segment... Please be over and done with after SS.

- Kofi/Hunico... Now this is a match that seems to interest me, Hunico losing, would have liked to see him pull a victory. He shall impress me at SS.

- Wow Zeke got a vignette, this guy isn't relevant unless you make him a Bobby Lashley guy.

- Nice seeing Nattie go over somehow.

- Nice to see Christian getting involved in the main event. Looks like a decent show and a good push for SS focusing hard.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like that Bryan is on Smackdown. I dislike that Henry destroyed him and that they are making it look like Show is his bodyguard. Still I have hope that in the next five months they will make Bryan a star.

Derek Bateman is on Smackdown? Isn't he on this season of NXT?

I really like that Christian is still involved in the storyline surrounding the SS match even though he is injured.

Looks like an alright show.

I have read reports that Morrison got the US title match instead of Ryder. Will have to wait to Friday to find out I guess.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yup, it's Morrison with the title shot as it's confirmed on wwe.com

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not that big of a deal for Ryder not to get his shot yet since they could just give him a shot the next PPV or something depending on how many people he is trying to get on that petition. Fully expect Dolph to retain and think it's awesome he is pulling double duty again. Kinda hope they keep that up for a few more PPV's.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am surprised that Ryder didn't get the title shot as they were hyping his petition for a couple of weeks. Still he has plenty of time to get the title.

You can see that WWE has a lot of faith in Ziggler in that he again gets two matches on a PPV.

ants

Reaction score
It actually annoys me that Dolph Ziggler is pulling double duties. Surely there is someone else on the roster in TWO brands that would be able to take his place in the Heel team. Give someone else the exposure that is desparately needed.

I'm also someone that doesn't buy into this Zach Ryder crap. He is simply another Santino Marella to me, and I cannot take him seriously in matches. For him to hold a belt would take away any credibility it has left. I hope Morrison wins.

Deuce

Reaction score
I hope Ryder gets a shot at Ziggler's title ASAP, I want to see this guy as United States champion. He has made a huge change in his career as of late, he has proved that he is more than a jobber. He used to show up on Superstars occasionally but now he is one of the #1 contendors for the U.S title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It actually annoys me that Dolph Ziggler is pulling double duties. Surely there is someone else on the roster in TWO brands that would be able to take his place in the Heel team. Give someone else the exposure that is desparately needed.

I'm also someone that doesn't buy into this Zach Ryder crap. He is simply another Santino Marella to me, and I cannot take him seriously in matches. For him to hold a belt would take away any credibility it has left. I hope Morrison wins.

The problem is there isn't really any other heel that could take his place in the match. He is only there because Christian is injured and they needed another big name for the heel team. The rosters are seriously depleted at the moment.

Ryder for now is a bit like a cartoon (new merchandise opportunity for WWE a cartoon series or a comic book featuring him). What I hope is that he doesn't completely go down the Santino route and instead gradually becomes a bit more serious whilst having the same basic gimmick.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Watching it so far.

Kofi vs. Hunico is such a good match.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hunico is really developing. I loved that match.

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
I want to know why on EARTH Derrick Goddamn Bateman is getting SmackDown appearances over Tyson Kidd, Trent Barretta and Drew McIntyre.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good SmackDown was this.

Enjoyed how the show started with Henry beating up on Bryan. It's a nice change and feels spontaneous as opposed to the same thing every week where X walks to the ring and talks about what happened last week.

Cara/Dolph was good. Seems like Cara is finally adjusting to the WWE style.

Swagger/Ryan was surprisingly an ok match considering Ryan was in it.

Christians promo was ok. Guessing he's going to get Sheamus eliminated at Survivor Series.

Why is Derrick Bateman on SmackDown? Just goes to show how flawed NXT is. The match was just a worthless squash. Maxine is looking fucking HOT now though.

Show's promo was fine, his shadow boxing into the camera was amusing.

Kofi/Hunico I really enjoyed. Loved how it started out all technical and chain wrestling and neither guy looked out of place. Good match and glad Kofi got the win so it at least seems as though he's not getting punished for Bourne's fuckup as he's such an under appreciated talent.

Divas I skipped although that sharpshooter on AJ looked brutal. Looked like they was teasing a heel turn with Kaitlyn aswell.

Still got the main event to watch but should be decent.