WWE Smackdown 21st February Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Review will up within an hour or two. Very fun Smackdown despite lack of wrestling until the end. Remember to make sure that #ChrisBrownSucks and that you #ain'tawomanbeater

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Nice, should be a good read.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Now that you've all hopefully watched Smackdown Live & read reviews of it. Why not check out what was taped exactly 6 years ago to air on February 24,2006 by watching this: WWE Smackdown February 24,2006 - YouTube

I realize it has commercials. I'm just too lazy to edit them out.

PY.

Reaction score
Now that you've all hopefully watched Smackdown Live & read reviews of it. Why not check out what was taped exactly 6 years ago to air on February 24,2006 by watching this: WWE Smackdown February 24,2006 - YouTube

I realize it has commercials. I'm just too lazy to edit them out.

Watching this now. Already can say I'm not used to this face Cole lol.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Missed this show as I had an appointment in town :( Seems like it was a good show overall.

I am actually very happy with the finish to the mainevent simply because it doesn't make either champion look inferior. It would have been really bad if one of them lost clean six weeks out from maineventing WrestleMania.

By the way that they are pushing the GM feud this is definitely coming to a close at WrestleMania and that 4 vs 4/5 vs 5 tag team match that people predicted could certainly happen.

Another good win for Sheamus, he needs to keep picking up those big wins to build momentum leading into WM.

Not sure why Kofi and Truth lost to Ziggler and Swagger the day after they beat the champions. Not sure what direction the tag team division is going. Is that going to be Ziggler's match at WM, a tag team title match?

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I just watched the show off of a torrent. Last match was good. I enjoyed the cuts of restarting the match. I kind of saw how it was going to end and well, I still enjoyed it. Danielson and Punk put on a good work of a match. I hope that when the Kings of Wrestling finally get into the WWE, that Danielson and Punk form a Tag Team and face them. Bring the good Tag Team feuds back.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Not just the fact they are trying to take over.

Did you miss the fact Ace screwed Punk with the restart and Teddy screwed Bryan with the second restart? That was consistency

The only one talking raw vs SD is Otunga

:eek:tunga:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Glad I watched the main event in bed interrupted because I thought it was a great match with wonderful armwork by Bryan, had the swerves with the GM to keep the intrigue of who is actually the better man and it also made both guys look great. Just seeing these few matches the past couple of weeks makes me wait in excitement for the time they actually do a full blown feud and get PPV matches, should tear the fuckin' house down.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Who Was Backstage at Live SD!
WWE ring announcer Lilian Garica noted on Twitter that David Otunga's fiance Jennifer Hudson was backstage at last night's live WWE Smackdown special.

Otunga and Jennifer Hudson. :mark:

What Happened After Smackdown
Several readers have sent in word that following last night's live WWE Smackdown broadcast, Big Show defeated Daniel Bryan via DQ in the event's dark match main event. Cody Rhodes interfered in the bout causing the DQ.

Nice work with Rhodes getting involved.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Jennifer Hudson was there I am surprised that WWE haven't put a whole set of photos up on wwe.com promoting her appearance.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
So I'm watching SD from Tuesday and I have to say, Sheamus looks like a star. I am still not a big fan of the guy anymore, but he is legitimately a top 3-4 guy in the company.