WWE signs Samuray Del Sol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
SuperLuchas.net is reporting that a source close to them has confirmed that Mexican American independent wrestler Samuray del Sol has officially signed with WWE. According to the report, he will be headed to WWE developmental shortly.
We noted earlier this month that F4WOnline.com reported that del Sol, Mike Bennett, Shaun Ricker and Sami Callihan were undergoing medical tests to join the company.

Well Sin Cara, You had your chance, now you're getting replaced, by someone that can cut a promo no less. Good signing by the WWE. He really had a break out year in 2012 thanks to AAA and Sapolsky and became one of the top independent stars out there.

Read more

Last edited:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
You told me I could read more, I went to the article and there's no more information.

I'd like to sue you for false advertisement.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I am represented in a joint venture by the Park Park & Park Law firm and David Otunga, legal advisor. Come at me bro.

Reactions: Josh... and Farooq

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Maybe he'll debut by Wrestlemania XXX and we'll get Mysterio/Samuray next year. Then Mysterio can go on and hang them up already.

They've been trying to get that Mysterio/Cara match going the last two Wrestlemanias to no avail. Now it seems they have a better option (just taking the word of others, don't know anything about this guy yet except for these two videos.)

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Great fucking news! Hopefully they let him keep his current mask. He'll bring some much needed high flying botchless flair they WWE has been missing of late.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Great fucking news! Hopefully they let him keep his current mask. He'll bring some much needed high flying botchless flair they WWE has been missing of late.
Him signing over the Del Sol character could actually work. He's going by the name Octagon Jr in Triple A so if he were to leave WWE down the line he can always either become Jr again or become the second Octagon, and that would draw just as well if not better than his old Del Sol indy character.

I don't see them taking the mask off of him like they did with Generico.

Larsosc

The Artiste
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As in no, he is not signed. Do you guys really trust a source like Superluchas.net? He had a try-out, yeah, but he hasn't signed yet. I'm thinking these false rumors keep circulating because some dude working for whatever Superlucha's close sorce just found an outdated report on Del Sol being signed in December, which was also false.

Source: Samuray Del Sol

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Mysterio vs generico vs samuray"of the sun" vs Neville. Then he can retire

Reactions: Nano

Stopspot

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As in no, he is not signed. Do you guys really trust a source like Superluchas.net? He had a try-out, yeah, but he hasn't signed yet. I'm thinking these false rumors keep circulating because some dude working for whatever Superlucha's close sorce just found an outdated report on Del Sol being signed in December, which was also false.

Source: Samuray Del Sol

Resistance Pro, a promotion that books Del Sol has confirmed that he has in fact signed.