WWE signs Eli Drake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
How??? And I'm not arguing just asking @Juice

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
A lot of the WWE talent - who are used on NXT. Have at least come from the Performance Center or been reshaped there. Recently NXT have just started debuting talent, seemingly without even attempting to repackage them. L A Drake. Eli Knight. The name is just lazy. I don't know - I have always had reservations about NXT - but MSK and now Eli. Just seems like they've given up.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
A lot of the WWE talent - who are used on NXT. Have at least come from the Performance Center or been reshaped there. Recently NXT have just started debuting talent, seemingly without even attempting to repackage them. L A Drake. Eli Knight. The name is just lazy. I don't know - I have always had reservations about NXT - but MSK and now Eli. Just seems like they've given up.

Fair enough points you made there, think nxt just want nobody in aew by the looks of it I mean, eIi drake is nearly 40, msk are good but can u tell me I thought trey miguel was gone from impact then I picked him hS he he stayed?? Also mods juice deserves props for her work with Predictions game, she has made it so cool, nobody was expecting MLW.

My cap is tipped outta respect to you.

Carter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Also is it so he can talk so good , he ain't great in the rinng but more than makes it up in his mic skills, look etc

Like how I said he said eli drake

LA Hollywood is just the same.

@Juice must be why trey didn't go to nxt either.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Not everyone needs to be reshaped just because. I swear that used to be one of the biggest complaints people had was that they took established talent / gimmicks / names and WWE'd them so to speak.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Good signing, even if its a few years too late imo

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Performance Center getting buried feels like an overreaction. I can understand a case being made for more PC folks and less established talent on NXT but the way I look at it, most of the PC talent is starting from nothing. It's going to take them years in most cases to be TV-ready, and like it or not, that's the standard they must meet now since NXT is on USA. Before COVID, the PC trainees were getting their reps in on live events, unfortunately that just isn't an option for them at this moment. Guys like Eli Drake are only stopping in NXT for a cup of coffee most likely, just until they get acclimated to how WWE works and they find out how they want to market him. We've seen it pretty recently with guys like EC3, Keith Lee and Damian Priest. They're only there long enough to get their feet under them and then they're off to Raw or Smackdown, so basically what I'm getting at, is they aren't there long enough hogging spots for it to be setting back the development of PC recruits who need years in most cases to be anywhere near capable of competing on the main roster. Those who come through the PC and are ready to compete alongside your Balors, Ciampas, Shirais, etc. are going to get the chance still. Look no further than Raquel Gonzalez, Xia Li, Kacy Catanzaro and Ridge Holland before he got hurt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Are we going to pretend that NXT wasn't just a place where indie darlings were picked up and pushed from the beginning?

AlternateDemise

Greek God of Knowledge
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Sports Team
i738vsr
I was pretty shocked especially after hearing the news him being on TV especially PPV right off the bat. It tells me WWE wants him to be somebody within their Company whether it happens it's up to both sides finding that groove to get it done.

Yeah we'll see how long that lasts...

Reactions: Hoss