WWE Setting Up HBK For A "One Last Match"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chadillac

Reaction score
With the current way the WWE is building the Taker/HHH fued, it is leading me to belive that HBK is being set up for one last match. With him as the speacial referee, and tension being high between all 3 men involved, whoever comes out on the losing side can legitamatly lay claim to a fued with Shawn Michaels.

If Taker loses, he can claim the match wasn't "pure". If HHH loses, he can turn it into a situation where his own best friend of 17 years cost him the match, with the stoyline evolving of a "hidden" adjenda by HBK to prove HHH wasnt as good as himself.

So leads to two scenarios:

A) Taker VS HBK at WM 29, where it comes full circle and HBK ends the streak through his "one last match" on the biggest stage.

B) HHH VS HBK at WM 29 to settle who is the "greatest", again in his "one last match" on the grandest stage, with the stipulation again that it will be a retirement match for HHH if he loses.

Either scenario, HBK wins, and all three men are retired.

What do you guys think?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Had enough of supposed retirements being broken, so no, I don't want him back.

SAL

Reaction score
Taker/HBK had finality.

HBK/HHH had finality (and HHH WON their feud-ending Hell in a Cell, maybe he could point that out next time Taker says HBK is better).

The only reason to bring HBK back is to make money, and they can do that putting him in non-wrestling roles and allowing one kayfabe retirement in my life to stick.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm a BIG HBK fan and that said him ending the streak would be horrible. It accomplishes nothing. HHH/HBK have never faced off at mania so I somewhat wanna see that. Thing is if he comes back I would want him to feud with someone he hasn't before IE: CM Punk or The Rock. They do seem to be teasing him coming back and if they were gonna tease it to bring him back against either HHH/Taker I would rather it be in a 3 way but like I said wanna see him feud with someone he hasn't before if he returned.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The only ways HBK should ever have one last match are

- Taker or HHH die suddenly and he wants to honor them in a tribute match
- HHH or Taker asks for it to close his career once and for all

That is it for me

Vivido

Reaction score
The only thing I can see happening is a Triple Threat at WM. Although I find it very unlikely that HBK will ever wrestle again.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure HBK is done, at least I'm hopeful he is. I can see why you could think this though, the build has been hinting at a possible return.

rcoot93

Reaction score
HBK is one of my faviourites but I don't want him back, Im fed up with wrestlers constantly coming out of retirement and I hope he continues sticking to what he said

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I firmly believe when HBK said he was done and that he was gonna stay retired and not pull a Ric Flair that he will stay retired, he has other projects going on at the moment with his hunting series which I hear is quite popular so there's no reason for him to return to the ring and even if he did he's got all kinds of injuries that are gonna keep nagging him and as he gets older they will get worse.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wrestling retirements are nothing to take seriously.

As for me it would be nice to see HHH/HBK at Mania one on one. If WWE wants it to main event WM 29 though it would have to include Taker for a Triple Threat otherwise these two could have a solid fight somewhere in the middle of the show.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
HBK won't wrestle again. He has enough money and I'm sure he doesn't want to follow in the footsteps of Flair, seeing as everyone slated him for it.

Chadillac

Reaction score
aparently not to many people actually bothered to read my op, where I stated numerous times that it would be a "One Last Match", not an on-going career. And IT WOULD BE 3 YEARS after his retirement by the time we got to WM 29, so having just ONE match after three years would be nothing like Ric Flair situation. And the the fans would NEVER hold an opurtunity for one last match, against HBK. Especially if it was on the grandest stage, aganst a Taker and HHH. And he would end up retireing sombody, probably HHH, which is another thing I stated in my OP.

Just be honest people, how many of you just read the title of my thread only, and replied???

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't like that. Why not have Orton come back as a full heel and go back to his Legend Killer gimmick and take out Triple H and Taker? Thus them retiring, I'm sorry, but the whole "Old friends should be the ones to do it" is not good enough anymore. I'd like a younger person to do it, give them something to put on their resume that they retired Triple H or Undertaker. Orton would be pretty awesome if he went back to Legend Killer. But maybe another young upstart.

One last match would be fine, but honestly, I'd like to see it against someone new.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ric Flair is the greatest ever, Shawn Michaels should do everything he can to follow in his footsteps.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
aparently not to many people actually bothered to read my op, where I stated numerous times that it would be a "One Last Match", not an on-going career. And IT WOULD BE 3 YEARS after his retirement by the time we got to WM 29, so having just ONE match after three years would be nothing like Ric Flair situation.
Like that even matters. Fact is he would have broke his retirement vow whether it was 1 match or 1 year, it's still the same fucking thing.