WWE SD! Star Says He Can "Outperform A Lot of People"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
In a recent interview conducted for The Toronto Sun, WWE Smackdown star Tyson Kidd had the following to say about his competition in the company:

“I know it might come across as arrogance. I’m sorry, but I know I can outperform a lot of people,†Kidd told the publication. “And when the (door opens), I’m going to kick it in.

I’m a big fan of tag teams again. I’ve been looking, scouting (for a partner). I’ve done a couple of matches with Johnny Curtis and Justin Gabriel. When I teamed with Justin, I thought we gelled perfectly. Even with a guy like Trent Baretta. I think we could give a Hardy Boys type of feel."

The guy is a good wrestler but I don't think he can go very far, would only make it to a tag team champion or IC Champion or US Champion. He hasn't got good mic skills. No charisma.

SAL

Reaction score
When have we even heard him on the microphone? You can't get better if you never get to talk at all.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
SAL makes the best point.

He's never given the chance to shine on the microphone, Tyson Kidd is fucking under-rated. If anybody watched Bryan vs. Tyson Kidd on Smackdown back in August I believe, that match was insane and was fast-paced. Kidd should be used more and given a mid-card push. It's true, he can out-wrestle most guys, he's the last trainer from the Hart Dungeon and could easily put on a good match. Huge fan of him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He's had promos just not a lot of them. You can usually tell by just hearing them speak if they are charismatic enough to have great mic skills and I don't think he's one of them. Hell of a in ring performer though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
DH Smith will never work WWE again and I can promise you that. Tyson Kidd just needs to use Jimmy Hart as his manager and run the ball from there.

I want to see Kidd on a solo run, but if he tags.. I won't mind as well.

Deuce

Reaction score
He really could outperform plenty of the Smackdown roster and I'm just wating for his push to happen. WWE has a habit of tossing aside talented superstars and putting them in jobber matches, they really do need to change that.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Tyson is absolutely right. Solid wrestler.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
He's too small to be taken serious at the top level. No matter how fucked up that sounds, it's true. This is the entertainment business.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First I have to ask why would The Hart Dynasty be managed by Jimmy Hart? I hope everyone realises that he has no connection to the Hart family.

As for what Kidd said it is never a good idea for lower midcarders to have a big ego to say that he is better than most of the others. That will simply piss guys off in the locker room. Kidd will never be a huge star in WWE, like Heymanrules said he is simply too small. His best chance is a tag team title run and maybe he can sneak a US/IC title win. He needs to find another tag team partner and create a solid team.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't ask me why, but i'd love to see Kofi going round the lockeroom looking for a tag partner and to eventually end up recruiting Tyson.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Tyson just needs to find a cocky undercard heel that could handle the microphone and you got yourself a decent tag team. If he can create some buzz again off of that then I'd let him have a singles run that matters. I'm sure he'd just get lost in the shuffle though.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Being in a tag team is a sideways move though.

Hes good enough, just needs a decent character to take off ala 'The Brian Kendrick'.

Tyson Kidd is not going to get over as Tyson Kidd, or by virtue of having good matches on shows nobody watches.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Daniel Bryan weighs 210lbs (95kgs) and is currently World Heavyweight Champion, yet Tyson Kidd weighs 198lbs (88kgs) which isn't much of a difference. Yet Tyson Kidd is extremely talented and can put on a good match, yet he isn't even a Champion in WWE.

Tyson Kidd has what it takes to be a Champion, if Daniel Bryan can be a champion so can Tyson Kidd.