WWE Sabotaging Itself To Push Reigns...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So... we all know Vince has a hard on for Roman Reigns. Insomuch, that idk if I’ve ever seen Vince so forcefully face push someone to the top (in this exact manner: a guy who’s clearly not a face, dull as hell, and needs mic work). With that being said, I came across an interesting article which sheds some light on the current plan for WWE’s main event at Mania. It seems as though WWE is partially destroying its own product and making fans angry, in order to make reigns the ultimate good guy. And.... well, it seems to be true based on what we’ve seen with Raw and Reigns promo: Brock no shows events, Roman never does. Brock shows up at a house show because he felt like it, and beat Kane in 35 seconds, making the fans even more disappointed with Brock. Look below:

“...Last week, however, the WWE writers shot for the impossible: They scripted Roman Reigns to draw a unanimously positive reaction from all fans. It was done in an extremely self-aware, meta manner. And it kind of worked, though it came at the sacrifice of the show's actual quality. Fans did not receive what they paid for.”

WWE Is Damaging Itself To Make Roman Reigns Look Good

If this is true, and WWE is truly going this route, which clearly seems to be the case, it’s just sad. Reigns can be a main eventer. But, he doesn’t need to the “THEE” main event 24/7 and the super super Cena wannabe. It’s insane.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm Still Not Buying It...

Its a real sad state of affairs to watch the WWE constantly force
its product into whatever shape it can to try & get Reigns over as
a babyface & this Reigns/Lesnar feud is simply their latest attempt
in a long line of sad & desperate attempts to do just that.

Its sad, lame & pathetic...& makes the entire wrestling industry look
fucking stupid.

Would any other wrestling company in the entire world book any
performer like the WWE have booked Reigns for the last 4 years?

No...they wouldn't.

Give the fans what they want...not what you want them to have.

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-Insanity-5.png

I'm just going to say it.

Vince McMahon has no fucking clue what he is doing & the
sooner he is removed from power the better for the company
& the fans of its product.

I look at Vince McMahon the same way I look at Ridley Scott.

The guy created some amazing entertainment in the past...but
I'm not blinded by loyalty that I can't see that his recent projects
have been fucking terrible.

But if Vince wants to ride his "Chosen One" into obscurity &
financial oblivion...then that's his right I guess.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm Still Not Buying It...

Its a real sad state of affairs to watch the WWE constantly force
its product into whatever shape it can to try & get Reigns over as
a babyface & this Reigns/Lesnar feud is simply their latest attempt
in a long line of sad & desperate attempts to do just that.

Its sad, lame & pathetic...& makes the entire wrestling industry look
fucking stupid.

Would any other wrestling company in the entire world book any
performer like the WWE have booked Reigns for the last 4 years?

No...they wouldn't.

Give the fans what they want...not what you want them to have.

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-Insanity-5.png

I'm just going to say it.

Vince McMahon has no fucking clue what he is doing & the
sooner he is removed from power the better for the company
& the fans of its product.

I look at Vince McMahon the same way I look at Ridley Scott.

The guy created some amazing entertainment in the past...but
I'm not blinded by loyalty that I can't see that his recent projects
have been fucking terrible.

But if Vince wants to ride his "Chosen One" into obscurity &
financial oblivion...then that's his right I guess.
Agreed. I’m thinking about just cancelling the network and not even watching mania. I love watching mania every year, and I may for shin and AJ, but the fact that this Roman thing is nonstop pushing, I can’t take it anymore. I remember back when it felt like Cena was being forced too much.... the difference was that he grew on me from an entertainment perspective. He was funny, good at promos, and getting better at wrestling. He could also carry a feud. Cena grew on me, whereas Roman simply annoys me. Cenas push also differed because he naturally rose to the top, was gambled on, and it worked.

Roman naturally rose, too, but that was mainly because of the shield concept. And I think that’s the key. That’s what Vince refuses to admit. Roman is only cheered in a setting with the shield, like legitimate cheers. Otherwise, he gets “reactions” which is another way of saying, “we can’t get this guy to be cheered, so we’re going to justify this by saying he gets a reaction.” Does Roman make money? Yeah. Should he be a main eventer. Yeah. But, Is he “thee” guy and clearly selling out arenas, easy likeable, and the next Cena. Not at all. This every main event thing is getting stupid and I just don’t want to watch mania now.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
NJPW with Okada.
And does Okada get booed out of every arena & show he performs at?

I'm just curious because I haven't watched enough NJPW to really
have an opinion on that.//although he seemed pretty over at
Wrestle Kingdom 11 & 12 if my memory serves me correctly.

Plus from what I've seen Okada can actually work a 5 star match
& has more than 3 moves in his repertoire.

:pipebomb:

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
And does Okada get booed out of every arena & show he performs at?
Idk. Japanese crowds are different. Point is that they continue to push him EVEN HARDER than WWE does with Roman because he's Gedo's lover or golden child or whatever.

Plus from what I've seen Okada can actually work a 5 star match
& has more than 3 moves in his repertoire
Cool. Same can be said for Roman. If you watch enough Okada matches, you'll see a different style, but you should also see that the formula for his matches is virtually the same as Roman matches. But because Okadas a New Japan guy wrestling a puro style, he's over even though he's really one of the least talented wrestlers in the company. Roman is pushed by WWE as the top baby and never worked elsewhere, so in the internet era hes not gonna get over very well, even though he's on a similar level of talent or higher than most of the roster.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, I am curious what they have in store for him once he defeats Brock. I mean I don't care about his character either way, I do think he needs a bit of work and step away from the whole Shield thing and be his own star. Like Shawn Michaels was no longer doing the whole Rockers thing.

For me Reigns is just still 'whats left of Shield'. Using the same attire / similar music hasn't helped that at all.

Let him do a ooooooo ahhhh at the start like Braun does and have different music. Have him team with the Usos if he needs someone to speak for him. Anything will be an improvement.

But like I said, what I am keen to see is how they go forward after this point they've worked towards for the past what, 4 years? What then?

That actually makes me interested in Post WM.

The only reason I am gonna bother with WM in general is because of AJ vs Shin. Rest are meh tbh.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Idk. Japanese crowds are different. Point is that they continue to push him EVEN HARDER than WWE does with Roman because he's Gedo's lover or golden child or whatever.
Well...they may push him...but the audience doesn't resist
that push the same way the WWE audience resists Reigns.

We agree on that point right?

A push is fine if the audience wants that performer to be pushed?

If you watch enough Okada matches
I have only watched 2 Okada matches...Wrestle Kingdom 11
against Kenny Omega & Wrestle Kingdom 12 against Naito.

he's over even though he's really one of the least talented wrestlers in the company.
Really? Fuck...he's pretty good for one of the least talented...

Best standing dropkick I've ever seen.

Roman is pushed by WWE as the top baby and never worked elsewhere, so in the internet era hes not gonna get over very well, even though he's on a similar level of talent or higher than most of the roster.
So you're saying Reigns is talented...but because he's a
WWE only guy...he's not had the opportunity to impress
people wrestling in different companies where the matches
are booked in a different style.

Did I get that right?

Reactions: edge4ever

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Well...they may push him...but the audience doesn't resist
that push the same way the WWE audience resists Reigns.

We agree on that point right?

A push is fine if the audience wants that performer to be pushed?
I don't fully disagree, I'll put it that way. Think of WWE as a movie or TV series. Not personally a buff of either so excuse my lack of a specific name or example. But there are plenty of actors that are just not very well liked by a wide variety of people. Idk David Spade maybe? I think he's a great actor who just gets saddled with terrible roles sometimes and people dislike him for it. It doesn't make him any less talented because of this, nor should he stop being cast in lead roles. Just because he's in a movie or show doesn't make it automatically bad. I think I made that analogy correct anyway. Idk I'm tired lol.

Really? Fuck...he's pretty good for one of the least talented...

Best standing dropkick I've ever seen.
I don't think he's bad. I just think there's a lot more talented guys on the roster and he's not nearly good enough to get the Godly push he's been given.

So you're saying Reigns is talented...but because he's a
WWE only guy...he's not had the opportunity to impress
people wrestling in different companies where the matches
are booked in a different style.

Did I get that right?
More or less, yeah. I think a lot of it also has to do with people wanting this guy or that guy to be pushed more and somehow believe Roman's push is holding them back from getting that. Honestly, I think he's in a perfect place rn. He's basically 98 Goldberg with the 05 (?)Japan run Goldberg's in ring abilities, and athleticism that surpasses anything Goldberg ever did.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is a good wrestler. He has the build/look and has improved a lot since his debut.
He is not the problem here, at all. It is WWE and their horrible booking. Horrible, horrible booking.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is a good wrestler. He has the build/look and has improved a lot since his debut.
He is not the problem here, at all. It is WWE and their horrible booking. Horrible, horrible booking.
Not at all. Disagree. He’s a good wrestler. That’s literally it. His mic skills still suck. His persona is boring. He sucks in literally every other faculty where guys like Cena excel.

Sure, WWE has booked him bad at times, just as they have everyone at some point in time. However, they’ve also handed this guy numerous opportunities and feuds and he just sucks.

Again, I think roman is main event material, but he’s not John Cena and shouldn’t be treated as such.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not at all. Disagree. He’s a good wrestler. That’s literally it. His mic skills still suck. His persona is boring. He sucks in literally every other faculty where guys like Cena excel.

Sure, WWE has booked him bad at times, just as they have everyone at some point in time. However, they’ve also handed this guy numerous opportunities and feuds and he just sucks.

Again, I think roman is main event material, but he’s not John Cena and shouldn’t be treated as such.

I never mentioned mic skills. A lot of the wrestles struggle with that, both the men and women. It is not just him.

I also don't think it is fair to compare him to John Cena. He is on his own level. Very, very few wrestlers are able to be good on the mic and in the ring to that degree. I think in the WWE alone, Chris Jericho is only compatible here to John's level (I actually prefer him over John but that is just me).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Also, John Cena is a work horse who has put his past marriage after wrestling, his freedom after wrestling, and even having kids after wrestling. Wrestling was #1 in his life for many, many years.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I never mentioned mic skills. A lot of the wrestles struggle with that, both the men and women. It is not just him.

I also don't think it is fair to compare him to John Cena. He is on his own level. Very, very few wrestlers are able to be good on the mic and in the ring to that degree. I think in the WWE alone, Chris Jericho is only compatible here to John's level (I actually prefer him over John but that is just me).
Regardless, you still proved why Roman shouldn’t be top dog. It’s not just WWE as they’ve tried everything with the guy and he’s not overall talented enough.

I think what’s more fair to say is that WWE is to blame for pushing him as top dog when he’s clearly not that guy. The booking is fine, it’s just the wrong guy.