WWE Release Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn you just revealed to me who got eliminated. You're lucky it was only an NXT spoiler :p

Sorry I forgot that NXT doesn't air here until Thursday. My bad.

Aniking said:
]Either way, Cannon has a gimmick and O'Brian doesn't, and usually when you have a gimmick then there's something to build on. I'd much rather this Lucky Cannon than the one from NXT2, but so does FCW if they let him hold their top belt. Most who have held that belt have made it into the WWE, which includes Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Michael McGillicutty, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley and Mason Ryan. The other two that have held that belt and appeared are Eric Escobar and Tyler Reks, but their careers have been non-existent (especially Escobar's).

I wouldn't ride off Cannon just yet.

Fair enough. I haven't seen that much of him so hopefully he does get that chance to prove himself in WWE.

Aniking said:
Fuck, I was meant to mention that lol. I was gonna say they'll likely "quietly retire" him like they did with Finlay. Apparently Goldust is already doing something backstage... I'm pretty sure anyway.

He hinted at retirement a couple of months back on Twitter so it wouldn't surprise me if he retires by the end of the year. Maybe he will make one more appearance after his shoulder heals. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a job backstage.

Aniking said:
I thought the same. Apparently he's training for MMA now, so it'd be pointless for the WWE to keep somebody whose focus is on something else.

I think he is just cutting his loses and preparing for something else since WWE doesn't seem to have any plans for him in the near future. He might go off, try MMA and then come back to wrestling since he is still young.

Aniking said:
Primo should've been gone ages ago, and Hawkins is so underrated. I hate he has nothing because I see heaps of potential in him. He just has this interesting look and I bet he could play a cool, chill, laid back dude that has sudden bursts of anger so well. I reckon his mic skills hold him back, like Reks, but at least Hawkins is about 6 years younger, so time is on his side.

Primo's only hope is if WWE put him in a tag team with one of his relatives from FCW. Hawkins I hope that his age means that WWE give him another chance, surely he can't be costing them too much money.

Reaction score
Here is who I think will be cut.

Raw:
David Hart Smith - haven't seen him on TV in forever
Gail Kim- hasn't really lived up to expections since coming back from TNA
Goldust- released from the active roster...but I see him signing a legends contract
Primo- never used
Skip Sheffield - I know he is injured but they should cost their losses
Tyler Reks - I like the guy and he has a good look. But we never see him.
Zack Ryder- This really pains me to say. But I do see him getting cut. If WWE didn't use him on Raw in his own hometown, then they have no plans for him.

Smackdown:
The Usos - I'm really not sure at this point, since they just won on Smackdown. But you never know.
Rosa Mendes - I like her and she is hot, but lacks talent.
Trent Barreta - What ever happpened to him?
William Regal - I've seen rumors of him wanting to retire. So I see him getting a legends contract.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Gail Kim- hasn't really lived up to expections since coming back from TNA

With Kharma out I see them keeping Gail Kim even though they haven't used her that much since she returned.

TheGoldStandard said:
Skip Sheffield - I know he is injured but they should cost their losses

WWE have stuck with him this long I see them keeping him on the roster. Before he was injured WWE seemed high on him and Vince is supposedly a fan of him.

TheGoldStandard said:
Zack Ryder- This really pains me to say. But I do see him getting cut. If WWE didn't use him on Raw in his own hometown, then they have no plans for him.

Even though they didn't use him I think that WWE realise he is money. They would know that if released he will make another company money so for now they will keep him.

TheGoldStandard said:
The Usos - I'm really not sure at this point, since they just won on Smackdown. But you never know.

I hope they aren't released as they have impressed me in recent weeks. They are a good tag team and WWE need them to keep their division alive.

TheGoldStandard said:
Trent Barreta - What ever happpened to him?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was released but I hope he stays under contract.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
KING TO HAVE HIS FIRST WRESTLEMANIA MATCH

They are going to release that ref who apparently botched that six man tag at Smackdown, and the guy who didn't tighten the bottom ropes when Big Show wrecked the ring.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
I thought the rope fail during the Big Show segment was done on purpose.

I really want Zack Ryder, the Usos, and Skip Sheffield to stay in WWE. If WWE would break the New Nexus apart, and let it rest for a while, Skip Sheffield's return, or better yet Sheffield teaming up with Barret, can bring huge pro-Nexus (the old Nexus) hype. WWE does it right, and the return of the old Nexus can be a huge moment.

EDIT: Assume the New Nexus was done long time ago. Now, imagine Skip Sheffield returning during/after a Barret match (on RAW), entering the ring, looking at Barret and shaking his hand. How fucking epic would that be; this might even bring goosebumps, if WWE correctly includes the old Nexus logo in this segment at the end.

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
There have been 2 more releases announced, both of which come from FCW:

– Monty Lynch and Russell Walker have been removed from Florida Championship Wrestling’s roster page, which would indicate that they have been released by WWE.

Lynch, whose real name is Oliver Biney, signed a developmental contract with WWE last September following a tryout in his native England. He formerly competed as “Bad News” Rampage Brown.

Walker, whose real name is Reuben de Jong, is a 6’10″ wrestler from New Zealand that bears a similar resemblance to Sheamus. He joined WWE in February, but was used sparingly in FCW. Prior to entering the world of professional wrestling in 2009, de Jong competed as a kickboxer, mixed martial artist and strongman.

Here are what they both look like:

Monty Lynch
lynch_lg1.jpg

Russell Walker
walker_lg1.jpg

To me they both had a decent look, although Lynch seems kinda plain.

Reaction score
You guys forgot to add Chavo Guerrero to his list. But as for my opinion to get released would not be surprised if Tyson Kidd got released actually. Tyson Kidd is terrible on the mic and is a under sized guy which does not work very well in WWE. A lot of guys are saying Primo, but his brother is in FCW Tito Colon and they may just call Tito up and make a tag team with Primo. Eli Cottonwood should go. I'm shocked that they got rid of Tarver and kept this guy. David Hart Smith, poor kid I think Bret Hart kinda ruined this for him by turning him face. He was actually a great heel.

Aniking

Reaction score
But as for my opinion to get released would not be surprised if Tyson Kidd got released actually. Tyson Kidd is terrible on the mic and is a under sized guy which does not work very well in WWE.

I don't think Kidd would get released. He's apparently due to be given a manager and some sort of push, which is still in the works. If the WWE ditch that idea, I could very well see Kidd in some trouble. As you said he's terrible on the mic, and you can only last so long with no mic skills.

A lot of guys are saying Primo, but his brother is in FCW Tito Colon and they may just call Tito up and make a tag team with Primo. Eli Cottonwood should go. I'm shocked that they got rid of Tarver and kept this guy. David Hart Smith, poor kid I think Bret Hart kinda ruined this for him by turning him face. He was actually a great heel.

Thought I'd just clarify, Tito Colon is actually Primo's cousin and not brother.

Cottonwood should definitely be released. Why the fuck he hasn't been yet is beyond me.

I think David Hart Smith is in trouble considering he has been training in MMA. If his focus is elsewhere, no point keeping him around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bret Hart would stop working with WWE if they released any of Hart Dynasty.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On those two recent FCW releases, Lynch didn't get that much time under the deal normally they give them at least a year. Walker had the size but is relatively new to the business and I guess that he didn't improve quick enough.

I don't know why WWE hasn't released more wrestlers, they normally do it around WM but it has been months since then and only a handful are gone. There are quite a few that seem obvious choices and I wonder why WWE aren't cutting their costs by removing them.

Lucky

Reaction score
Bret Hart would stop working with WWE if they released any of Hart Dynasty.

Doubtful, especially since his mom has come out and specifically said her son is training to become an MMA fighter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
His mom also said Bulldog raped her in the ass. Take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

BronzyCoder

Reaction score
His mom also said Bulldog raped her in the ass. Take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

Exactamundo. I am surprised though, they have many on the roster they aren't using at all. DH Smith is an example, I mean, Tyson and Baretta and Ryder and all that are at least on Superstars. He's not even there, what's the point?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Makes no sense to me either. Surely they can save a bit of money by releasing him rather than have him sit at home getting a paycheck. I don't think that they will be worried if TNA sign him and it sounds like he will move into MMA anyway so the best move would be to release him and let him try that since WWE have nothing for him and his focus is elsewhere.