WWE Ready to "Raid" ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
WWE Ready to “Raid” ROH, Who Is #1 on WWE’s List?, More Backstage News | Daily Wrestling News

Reported by Eric Arrington Via Daily wrestling news.com:

We can confirm that WWE officials are planning on “raiding” Ring of Honor in early 2017 as many ROH contracts are set to expire on December 31st.

Money talks and WWE is hoping that an increase in pay will attract a few key talents and convince them to jump ship. WWE realizes that ROH is going to have offer serious money if they want to keep certain wrestlers around, which they’ve already been forced to do over the past few years. At the same time, WWE is wary about upping the pay-scale for WWE NXT too much.

Top tag team The Young Bucks are said to be #1 on WWE’s list right now.

It’s been reported how WWE has signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the WWE Performance Center once his deal with ROH is up next month. There’s hope that Corino coming into the company will also help attract some of the other ROH talents. The bottom line is that ROH will not be able to re-sign every talent and word is that they did not try to match WWE’s offer to Corino as they felt they could save the money for one of the other contracts that come up next month.

As expected, Triple H is the driving force behind the talent acquisitions as he feels they need to continue replenishing the NXT roster, especially for expansion in 2017.

December and January should be a very interesting time for many ROH talents.

Interesting. According to Dave Meltzer Adam Cole is the top priority. I guess we'll see how this goes but for now I'm curious.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd be down with Adam Cole signing with WWE, baybay!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
"The WWE don’t want to up their pay scale for NXT too much, even if they do lure some big names.

However, they’re aware that Ring of Honor will have to offer a lot more money to keep their stars, and the WWE can improve on those figures in the hope of convincing them to jump ship.

One of the tactics they’ve recently employed is that the WWE have signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the Performance Centre, once his deal with Ring of Honor expires next month.

They’re hoping that once he arrives, he will help attract some other talents to follow in his footsteps, especially since they won’t be able to retain every single star.

They couldn’t do it with Corino either, hoping that the money they saved from re-signing him can be use on another talent.

As of this writing, the WWE’s biggest priority right now is to bring in The Young Bucks, but plenty more could follow in what will certainly an interesting couple of months for WWE, Ring of Honor, and their stars."

source

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if they gave The Young Bucks a job.

I remember hearing about them getting heat when they were backstage for a WWE tryout in 2011.
- Earlier this week, we reported that the Young Bucks tag team (formerly Generation Me in TNA) received a WWE tryout prior to Monday’s RAW from San Diego, California. WWE announcer Booker T spoke about the Bucks’ tryout on Twitter – and made reference to a recent Rob Van Dam interview where RVD called out the Bucks for being cold to him backstage in TNA and not even shaking his hand.

Booker said that at Monday’s tapings, the Young Bucks did not introduce themselves to him when they walked by him backstage. Booker T said later in the day, one of the Young Backs was leaning on his jacket yet still never introduced himself to Booker.

The Young Bucks are a talented team with a ton of potential, but they will never get too far in the business by offending the legends in the locker rooms.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Yea Adam Cole, The young bucks and, Dem Boys......Sign em all WWE!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
LOL, I remember that. "Well, excuse me, Mr. John Laurinaitis! I forgot this was a damn beauty contest!" - :briscoe:

[HASHTAG]#PeoplePower[/HASHTAG]

n1cpjq.gif

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Briscoes are not going to move to Florida.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Jay briscoe is quite a good looking guy imo.

Be funny to see him in a wwe ring as he always swears when getting his butt kicked.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's not about looks and such for them.

For Mark it is that he has like 10 concussions too many in his concussions account.

And the Briscoes refuse to move because they refuse to stop running the family business in Sandy Fork. God knows WWE has tried. ROH is perfect for these guys since they can live their wrestling dreams, make good pay on it and still do the day job gimmick.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
It's not about looks and such for them.

For Mark it is that he has like 10 concussions too many in his concussions account.

And the Briscoes refuse to move because they refuse to stop running the family business in Sandy Fork. God knows WWE has tried. ROH is perfect for these guys since they can live their wrestling dreams, make good pay on it and still do the day job gimmick.

I remrmber seeing a vid years back of the Briscoes early in their career at some shitty outside indy show with then wacking seven bells out each other and doing insane bumps.