• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE RAW September 2nd 2013 Live Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Sd0ih.png
When
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Sept. 2, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Sept. 3, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3​
Where
Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA​
RAW Five-Point Preview
8ee511674142debdbfdd7ebadfb4fb4c.jpg
WWE.com said:
Things just keep getting worse for No. 1 contender Daniel Bryan, whose war with The Man going poorly at best thanks to WWE COO Triple H and his handpicked WWE Champion, Randy Orton. CM Punk isn’t faring much better thanks to Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel’s trickery; with Night of Champions fast approaching, how will the two Superstars last long enough to mount their respective challenges against Orton and the Axel-Heyman duo? We have a few theories on that and other matters.
1. Corporate scapegoat
db9fddd7ef807cc0543a173c2d6a5066.png
WWE.com said:
Anyone who complains about his job evaluation got a solid dose of perspective last week when Daniel Bryan’s boss subjected him to a goon-squad beatdown from The Shield and Randy Orton, plus forced all Bryan’s co-workers to stand and watch. And all that’s for a guy Triple H says he likes. In any case, Bryan seems to have firmly set foot on the WWE COO’s bad side (defacing Orton’s whip probably didn’t help), so what will the COO and the No. 1 contender have in store for each other this week?
2. Justice league
91a1bedf88c301fd3959ed33f6f0fadc.png
3. Pipe Bomb(shell) fallout
989d180689efd6cfd0f533682ee744c4.png
WWE.com said:
Well, AJ Lee certainly learned a thing or two from her time on CM Punk’s arm. The “Black Widow” channeled The Straight Edge Superstar’s infamous pipe bomb by verbally obliterating the cast of “Total Divas” last Monday on Raw. To say the least, the Divas weren’t impressed. AJ’s no stranger to making enemies, but this is the first time she’s made so many at once; what lies ahead for her this week?
4. Where's Bray?
45ba07a5971d62ac3b8a918710278657.png

WWE.com said:
It has been some time since the WWE Universe witnessed Bray Wyatt in action; “The Man of 1,000 Truths” has been content of late to sit in the shadows, delivering platitudes and delving into his horrific origins rather than stepping into the ring himself. When might “The Eater of Worlds” return for another course between the ropes? And whom will he target?
5. The sins of the father figure
95933c23a880ffc70820c3d941afc0fa.png
WWE.com said:
CM Punk got a free go at Paul Heyman last week after defeating Curtis Axel. However, the mad scientist came out swingin’ (if not smiling) when Axel handcuffed the former WWE Champion and allowed his boss to go to town with a Singapore cane. Even though Punk will officially have a chance to repay both men in a Triple Threat Elimination Match at Night of Champions, The Second City Saint is nothing if not impatient when it comes to his desire to beat up Paul Heyman. Smart money dictates that Heyman will take advantage of Punk’s rage and goad him into a trap. The only question is how. Tune into Raw Monday at 8/7 CT on USA to find out!

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
Why do you sound surprised? Generally, RAW has been good since Payback, much better than on RTWM or last year.
Well that's true but in general they've been better in recent weeks, especially after Summerslam.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
More Bryan Vs Rollins please.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"It's been fifteen days since they abducted me... it's cold and dark, I have no idea where I am... all I know is that they're still popping up in the arenas, hopefully getting their asses kicked. At least I can take solace in that... but still, someone help me!"

-Kane

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Why do you sound surprised? Generally, RAW has been good since Payback, much better than on RTWM or last year.
Not been as great since SS the NOC build is a mess. WHC is a bit of a joke as the feud is really RR vs ADR plus RVD just lost his US Title shot and is in the WHC frame bit strange.

The WWE title is fantastic best storyline going but also why I think other feuds are struggling due to amount of time this and the McMahons are getting.

The US Title has no feud as if yet.

The Intercontinental Title isn't on the line and if it is Punk being in that match looks ridiculous considering he was so recently the WWE champ and is one of the top faces. Plus with no Lesnar this feud has lost a bit of zing now its Punk vs Axel.

The Divas title actually relevant thanks to AJ but still pretty meh.

The Tag Titles again not much going on same as the US title due to The Shield involvement with the McMahon storyline.

Plus the Wyatts have lost a bit of oomph as well and they need to mention Kane as all that build to the kidnapping and now nothing?

But even though I'm moaning the good is really good just for me post SS things seem less thought out on anything but the main storyline of the McMahons and Bryan vs Orton.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not been as great since SS the NOC build is a mess. WHC is a bit of a joke as the feud is really RR vs ADR plus RVD just lost his US Title shot and is in the WHC frame bit strange.

The WWE title is fantastic best storyline going but also why I think other feuds are struggling due to amount of time this and the McMahons are getting.

The US Title has no feud as if yet.

The Intercontinental Title isn't on the line and if it is Punk being in that match looks ridiculous considering he was so recently the WWE champ and is one of the top faces. Plus with no Lesnar this feud has lost a bit of zing now its Punk vs Axel.

The Divas title actually relevant thanks to AJ but still pretty meh.

The Tag Titles again not much going on same as the US title due to The Shield involvement with the McMahon storyline.

Plus the Wyatts have lost a bit of oomph as well and they need to mention Kane as all that build to the kidnapping and now nothing?

But even though I'm moaning the good is really good just for me post SS things seem less thought out on anything but the main storyline of the McMahons and Bryan vs Orton.

Yeah, but it's hard for them to build for a new PPV with a 3 week gap from the last one. There is way too many.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's hard for them to build for a new PPV with a 3 week gap from the last one. There is way too many.
I agree about struggling to build in the short space of time. But they can and should plan ahead it feels like they forgot to me due to the focus on the Bryan story and Cena leaving.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
We are only 2 shows into the build up, Shield will take on Ziggler, Show and someone maybe Henry due to The Corporation storyline.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
We are only 2 shows into the build up, Shield will take on Ziggler, Show and someone maybe Henry due to The Corporation storyline.
Very true. I'm just concerned how titles come into play as its NOC and the gimmick is all titles defended.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Just had a crazy idea. What if all the titles are on the line at NoC and Ziggler/Show/Other partner who could be Miz wins and get the titles? I think Show would get the tag team title with his partner who could be Miz (then when Miz/Show partnership is over Miz could turn heel, and I'd love to see that honestly) and Ziggler gets the US title again?