WWE RAW November 26th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I see the complete opposite and am used to seeing him as a serious wrestler. It's just weird for me at the moment watching him

I have a hard time seeing him buried considering the amount of screen time, ring time and how protected he has been since his main event run started. It's not often Bryan loses cleanly now.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wacokid27 said:
This is my point exactly. Why is there a commentator talking about how "ugly" Bryan is while he's in a match against a(nother) former World Heavyweight/WWE Champion?

Shouldn't the guy be a little more focused on the match. You had some brilliant reversals and moves in that match (as you'd expect from Dragon and Rey), but Lawler's talking about "Hey, Rey's got a beard, too! Look, Cole! Rey's got a beard, too!"

The sad thing is that Lawler used to be really good at putting the talent over and it seems the only thing they'll let him do now is talk down about the "heel" in every Raw match.

wk

You put this into words that I couldn't I just didn't enjoy the whole night for DB and how it felt like disrespect to him and to our fans. I know for a fact he won the "RAW ACTIVE" vote or w/e the hell they want to call it. Should just call it "can we get wwe to trend"

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
I have a hard time seeing him buried considering the amount of screen time, ring time and how protected he has been since his main event run started. It's not often Bryan loses cleanly now.

I don't know if i'd call it burying but it just seems like he isn't being taken seriously at the moment. I mean, i'm still bitter about the wrestlemania match and hearing Jerry ramble on about things other than skill was annoying.

Stopspot

Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I don't know if i'd call it burying but it just seems like he isn't being taken seriously at the moment. I mean, i'm still bitter about the wrestlemania match and hearing Jerry ramble on about things other than skill was annoying.
Lawler never talks about wrestlers talents if they are leaning towards being a heel. Which Bryan does as a part of the tweener team Hell No. Lawler as a face only focuses on talking down on heels.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

I can really see both sides of this argument. My feeling is that Vince doesn't really care for Bryan (much like he really doesn't care for Punk), but he sees that Bryan has an undeniable charisma and gets himself over even when he's not "supposed to".

I also figure that HHH is very high on Bryan (and Punk, fwiw) and wants to protect him but is also convinced that Kane shouldn't look like the weak link in this (and especially since Kane's probably retiring in the next few years and...well, they're friends). Therefore, he has to make Bryan the "weaker link", which will lead to a real eud between Kane and a more serious, fiercer Bryan, where I think Bryan will end up going over in the end.

wk

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
Lawler never talks about wrestlers talents if they are leaning towards being a heel. Which Bryan does as a part of the tweener team Hell No. Lawler as a face only focuses on talking down on heels.

Yeah, i guess my gripe is with Lawler and I still haven't bought into the whole face / heel thing. I guess it's for the kids or w/e and I give proper respect to the guys who deserve it. Oh well here comes super cena to destroy ziggy

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wacokid27 said:
I can really see both sides of this argument. My feeling is that Vince doesn't really care for Bryan (much like he really doesn't care for Punk), but he sees that Bryan has an undeniable charisma and gets himself over even when he's not "supposed to".

I also figure that HHH is very high on Bryan (and Punk, fwiw) and wants to protect him but is also convinced that Kane shouldn't look like the weak link in this (and especially since Kane's probably retiring in the next few years and...well, they're friends). Therefore, he has to make Bryan the "weaker link", which will lead to a real eud between Kane and a more serious, fiercer Bryan, where I think Bryan will end up going over in the end.

wk

Can't wait for the latter if true.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

It kind of is when he's made to be a complete joke. Daniel bryan is more than a Hurricane or Hornswoggle type character.

Most of his career is embarrassing moments and losing streaks. He debuted with a losing streak. Every single year he's been in the company, he's had a prolonged losing streak and now he's just a midcard comedy figure.

He may not be getting "buried" but he's made to look like a pathetic joke. Similar to Santino or Hurricane.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:

wk
Also if what most of us expects to happen will happen in the main event. With Shield getting involved then it is only logical to have Kane in it. Kane is another big guy for them to destroy and Kane is not afraid to put over young guys.

Stopspot

Reaction score
deth said:
It kind of is when he's made to be a complete joke. Daniel bryan is more than a Hurricane or Hornswoggle type character.

Most of his career is embarrassing moments and losing streaks. He debuted with a losing streak. Every single year he's been in the company, he's had a prolonged losing streak and now he's just a midcard comedy figure.

He may not be getting "buried" but he's made to look like a pathetic joke. Similar to Santino or Hurricane.
Losing streak? Bryan does not have a long losing streak going as far as I can tell. He is one of the wrestlers with a nice win/loss quota this year and if he loses he loses dirtily unless it is against a big face.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:

Exactly what i'm thinking. I don't want to bring this up but why does Ryback get more consideration for serious matches than DB. I get that DB is one half of the tag team champions but that isn't good enough.