WWE RAW May 20th 2013 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Sd0ih.png
When
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, May 20, at 8/7c on the USA Network​
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, May 21, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3​
Where
Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO​
RAW Five-Point Preview
8281c889b6f4e8210ada86568c714732.jpg
WWE.com said:
Well, that was extreme. The wildest night of the WWE year is behind us now and among the Superstars left in the wreckage are WWE Champion John Cena (retained his title but paid dearly in the process), Triple H (defeated by Brock Lesnar in the steel cage), and no less than three champions dethroned by The Shield to give the NXT alumni their first titles in WWE. With the post-extreme era set to begin, here are five preview points for this Monday’s Kevin Jonas-assisted episode of Monday Night Raw.
1. Show(off) time
46951135b7ff2b8fb7cea4cfacccc9ff.png
WWE.com said:
Alberto Del Rio proved his mettle at Extreme Rules when he forced Jack Swagger to say “I Quit,” thereby earning the sole title of No. 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. But now comes Del Rio’s greatest challenge: defeating the man who took the title from him in the first place, Dolph Ziggler. The Showoff’s been absent for a couple weeks now while he recuperates from a concussion, but look for the dynamic World Heavyweight Champion to make his return sooner rather than later as he prepares to face Del Rio.
2. Hail to the hounds
ec81a01c40b45b7770ba11119185f489.png
WWE.com said:
If The Shield’s dominance was ever in question, Extreme Rules erased all doubt that the former NXT standouts are here for the long haul in WWE: Following Dean Ambrose’s conquest of U.S. Champion Kofi Kingston and Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns’ dethroning of Team Hell No as WWE Tag Team Champions, all three Shield members now wear championship gold around their waists. Having secured their spot in the current pantheon of WWE’s elite, how will they begin their three-pronged reign of terror on Monday night?
3. The Champ is here ...
20defc09de9493371a304578ca26b914.png
WWE.com said:
… But let’s not mince words: He’s lucky to be saying so. Last night’s brutal Last Man Standing Match between WWE Champion John Cena and Ryback ended in viciously indecisive fashion — neither man was able to answer the 10-count after crashing through the stage, causing Cena to retain his title by default. With Ryback having come closer than ever to seizing the WWE Title for himself, look for the “Human Wrecking Ball” to make another play for the title as WWE Payback approaches. As for Cena, he dodged the proverbial bullet Sunday, so look for Ryback to strike while The Champ is still in his weakened state.
4. Lesnar uncaged
9ba1357834d7e2e56894049084ac1840.jpg

WWE.com said:
Triple H may have won the battle against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, but it was Lesnar who ended their war at Extreme Rules. He defeated The King of Kings in a grueling Steel Cage Match with a punishing sledgehammer strike and F-5 that sealed The Game’s fate inside the confines of the steel. With Lesnar having reasserted his dominance via his hard-fought victory, what does the future hold for “The Beast Incarnate”? Only time will tell, but given that Paul Heyman has never let a victory for his camp slide by un-celebrated, there’s a strong possibility tomorrow will provide some answers.
5. Dancing away with the victory
13a3cced02287a038dedb29f10f5875e.png
WWE.com said:
Chris Jericho certainly wasn’t about to let Fandango’s lofty rhetoric slide after losing to the dancing Superstar at WrestleMania. Stewing over continued humiliation at Fandango’s hands, the first Undisputed Champion in WWE history paid the newcomer back in full at Extreme Rules, unleashing a heart-stopping Codebreaker that left the dancing fiend in ruins on the mat. With Fandango’s score against Jericho now at an even 1-1, does the two-stepper have another twist in mind for The Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla? Tune in tonight at 8/7 CT on USA Network to find out!

Aaron

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing The Shield tonight, Maybe start to see the cracks in Team Hell No tonight as well?

Reactions: Crayo

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing The Shield tonight, Maybe start to see the cracks in Team Hell No tonight as well?
Maybe Kane gets taken out by SHIELD for a couple months, Bryan goes off to feud with Ambrose for the US Title?

Aaron

Reaction score
Possible, Rumors are that Kane/Undertaker taking on the shield at Summerslam, but that would involve Taker being involved for a month or so before, which I doubt after the build up to WM he probably needs a lay down.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
People seem excited after last night's PPV, so I'm looking forward to this optimism crushing, sleep inducing 3 hours of Raw tonight to get people back on the same wavelength as I.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I cant be here tonight, Got an exam in the morning :(

Aaron

Reaction score
I will be watching it tomorrow afternoon, I'm hopeful some good stuff can kick on from ER, Maybe just wishful thinking?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Oh :yay: Raw tonight!

Didn't watch any of ER last night, so I'm super excited for tonight's episode!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Had a ridiculously tiring day, so there is a high chance of me falling asleep tonight. I am just hoping I catch The Shield segment(s), the new Heyman guy + Heyman/Brock/HHH's reflection on last night, and the backlash from Ryback/Cena.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
LOOOOOOOL Watching ER right now! FELLAAAAAA