WWE RAW March 18th 2013 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Sd0ih.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, March 18, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, March 19, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where

CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA

RAW Five-Point Preview

KbWWH7A.jpg

WWE.com said:
From Brock Lesnar’s brutal attack of The New Age Outlaws to CM Punk’s utter disrespect for the legacy of the late Paul Bearer, the emotional Road to WrestleMania is in high gear! Here are five reasons to catch Monday’s Raw as it rolls into Pittsburgh.

1. Triple H to respond to Brock Lesnar

XDFvkQM.jpg

WWE.com said:
Last week , the beast Brock Lesnar crushed The New Age Outlaws with a pair of painful F-5s and laid out his requirements for facing Triple H at WrestleMania. The vicious attack caught the attention of The Game, who later in the week confirmed he will be at this week’s Raw with his response. Never one to back down from a fight, odds are The King of Kings will say the fight is on for WrestleMania!

2. Intercontinental Title Triple Threat Match

vSNlL6P.jpg

WWE.com said:
In perhaps his biggest challenge yet, Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett must defend his title in a Triple Threat Match … and he’s not happy about it. (WATCH EXCLUSIVE) With his wealth of experience, nine-time Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho could very well claim his 10th title. And former WWE Champion The Miz is no doubt eager to get back in the limelight, as well. Will a new champion be crowned on Raw?

3. The battle for the grandest prize of ’em all

fss0aAP.jpg

WWE.com said:
The stage is set for another epic clash between WWE Champion The Rock and John Cena at WrestleMania 29. With both Superstars equally passionate in their belief that they can win, who will make the next move to build momentum for victory on The Grandest Stage of Them All?

4. The World Title war of words

NbBEY0G.jpg

WWE.com said:
With a win over U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro on Raw, World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio overtook WWE Champion The Rock on this week’s WWE.com Power Rankings. With wins over Sin Cara and Chris Jericho, Jack Swagger also enjoyed a boost in the Power Rankings. In their ongoing and bitter war of words, can either Superstar find an edge as their WrestleMania clash fast approaches?

5. Has CM Punk gotten inside Undertaker’s head?

xM7P1hQ.jpg

WWE.com said:
At the start of last week’s Raw, the WWE Universe shockingly witnessed CM Punk interrupt The Undertaker’s tribute to the late Paul Bearer. By the end of the night, Punk hightailed it with Bearer’s urn, resulting in a seething Phenom. Is this the lowest Punk has ever sunk? Does he still have the urn in his possession? More importantly, what will The Deadman do to Punk the next time they cross paths?

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Looking forward to Trips/Brock and Punk/Taker and that's about it really. Hopefully they announce the stipulation for the former this week.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Miz is gonna be new IC champ..
Hope they delay this till WM and put the title on Jericho

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hopefully we get some more feuds building and maybe matches confirmed for WM's card.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seabs said:
I still haven't watched last weeks show and judging by those re-caps I'm not sure I want to.

Watch Ziggler/Bryan and Lesnar's segment and you are good to go.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't mind if Miz takes the title, because he'll turn heel eventually and then he interests me again.

He turn face on SS ... That would be too fast

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
. He sucks as a face imo.

:true:

There are only three weeks until the WWE’s biggest pay-per-view of the year, and the excitement around WrestleMania 29 is pushing the hype for this Monday’s Raw through the roof.

The WWE Universe is ready for some storyline development.

As great as the main-event scene has been—CM Punk vs. The Undertaker, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar and The Rock vs. John Cena are all top-caliber feuds—the mid-card booking has been absolutely atrocious.

If the company doesn’t convince the fans that the second-tier matches are worth investing in, WrestleMania won’t have the prototypical impact it normally does.

The WWE knows exactly how to put on an event of this magnitude, and the company will build a midcard the WWE Universe can get behind. Monday’s Raw will lay the groundwork for the rest of WrestleMania 29.

Potential Spoilers

According to Wrestling Inc., The Rock is not currently scheduled to appear on this week’s Raw from Pittsburgh, marking the second consecutive episode that the current WWE champion would not be on the show.

The Rock may be promoting the WWE while he is working on his shows or attending movie premieres, but the damage being done to the main-event storyline for WrestleMania 29 is undeniable.
It was already tough to sell many fans on a match that happened just a year ago, but the fact that the champion has missed several episodes of Raw and could reportedly miss another is not the correct way for the company to handle its primary championship.

Not only is The Rock’s schedule keeping the new WWE Championship belt off television, it’s also keeping the current face of the WWE, John Cena, off TV.

Hopefully, this week, we get Cena furthering this feud at the very least.

CM Punk’s Crusade Against The Undertaker

While there was a contingent of fans that believed CM Punk took his interruption of Paul Bearer’s memorial episode of Raw too far, the theft of the urn by Punk and its significance to The Undertaker has given this storyline a sense of legitimacy it didn’t have just a few weeks ago. WWE deserves credit for taking this chance.

Question on Everyone’s Mind: Will the Undertaker Confront Punk for the Urn?

Bearer was a huge part of The Undertaker’s gimmick. And not only did Punk interrupt the memorial ceremony and attack Kane, the bona fide heel stole the urn and mimicked The Undertaker to close last Monday’s show.

There is little doubt that Punk will march around Pittsburgh with the urn this week, and that will result in The Undertaker making his presence felt in one way or another.

Hype Meter: 5 out of 5 Death Knells

There are three episodes of Raw until WrestleMania 29, and the WWE will be going all in on this storyline to ensure that the fans are fully invested. Even if The Undertaker can’t be at every show, the company should have Punk haunted by the ring of Taker’s death knell before finally being confronted by The Deadman in the ring.

WWE Rumors: Punk working through injuries? (F4WOnline h/t Wrestling Inc.)

Triple H‘s Response to Brock Lesnar’s Challenge

After watching Brock Lesnar destroy the New Age Outlaws and accept Triple H’s WrestleMania 29 challenge with the caveat that the superstar would have to blindly agree to the stipulation named by Paul Heyman and Lesnar, the Cerebral Assassin will get his chance to accept or decline the offer on Monday’s episode of Raw.

Question on Everyone’s Mind: Will Triple H Accept the New Challenge?

There are a million ways the WWE could take this angle heading into WrestleMania. But with a booking genius like Paul Heyman at the helm of this storyline, there is little doubt that Triple H will accept the challenge and have the deck completely stacked against him.

Hype Meter: 4 out of 5 Strings Being Pulled

It has been made very clear throughout the second chapter of this feud that Lesnar got the better of Triple H in the duo’s first meeting. Now that the WWE is stacking the deck against Triple H even more, this will be the boss’ son’s chance to steal the show and be the PPV’s knight in shining armor by beating Lesnar despite the adversity.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I hope its a good Raw. I am usually pumped for WM & I honestly haven't been. :downer:

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't even realise, the Rock wasn't taking the belt with him on TV Shows, When Punk was champion it was on everyone (that I saw of anyway).

Hyped for seeing Punk/Taker and hopefully Ziggler keeps up his winning streak this show aswell!

Reaction score
Looking forward to the triple threat match. Should be a good show. I would love to see a Miz Vs Jericho match at Wrestlemania for the Intercontinental title so I'm hoping for a Miz or Jericho win.

I also hated The Miz's face turn at first but since he has stopped cutting horrible jokes and doesn't do MizTV to often, he's starting to get better as a face and seems to be getting over with the fans.