WWE Raw LIVE Discussion 7/1/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Saw the last few minutes of the TLC and the Punk/Rock promo stuff. Fantastic!

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
The Rock is back baby! He hasn't lost his step....The new WWE Champion at Wrestlemania will be The Rock...IF YOUUUUUUU SMELLLLALALALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK....is COOKIN!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
As big of a Rock fan as I am...........Punk schooled him last night.

"Your arms aren't long enough to box with God" is a fucking phenomenal line. The only time I felt Rock really got Punk good was the ice cream bit. If he went more in that direction, this great exchange would have been even better.

I will say this though: Look at how Rock can get away with toilet humour so much better than Cena can. It's not the material, it's the person delivering it.

Watched the show this morning without spoilers, decent enough but they've gotta get rid of the third hour, it's killing the show.

The Viper

Reaction score
CM Punk absolutely murdered Rock last night. End of fucking story. Dwayne was a huge disappointment. He really needs to stop pandering to the crowd and making up all these corny, unfunny, childish chants and insults and start taking this shit seriously.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Postman Dave

Reaction score
CM Punk absolutely murdered Rock last night. End of fucking story. Dwayne was a huge disappointment. He really needs to stop pandering to the crowd and making up all these corny, unfunny, childish chants and insults and start taking this shit seriously.

Had Rock done his promo before Punk, it would've made more sense. That way Punks comments would have been a great rebuttal rather than Rock pretty much doing everything Punk said was stupid prior.

Still, the last few moments when Rock got serious showed there's still few better than him when it comes to hyping a match.

It's great, at this point as long as we've got Punk/Rock & the rumble itself, they could add an Eve/Kaitlyn Iron Man match for all I care, the show is sold.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Why so much hate? I think he did a great job with Punk. Remember The Rock isn't suppose to bury CM Punk. You guys seem confused. You want CM Punk to keep the title, and blah blah but want The Rock to do better than Punk. I believe The Rock is right with how he is handling things for the company and for entertainment. He'd be an asshole to fully own CM on the microphone and discredit everything CM Punk has done with a mic since his shoot last year. Come on guys, this is business.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
There's no hate, I thought the segment was great. But I still think Punk was the better man on the mic last night.

The Viper

Reaction score
Why so much hate? I think he did a great job with Punk. Remember The Rock isn't suppose to bury CM Punk. You guys seem confused. You want CM Punk to keep the title, and blah blah but want The Rock to do better than Punk. I believe The Rock is right with how he is handling things for the company and for entertainment. He'd be an asshole to fully own CM on the microphone and discredit everything CM Punk has done with a mic since his shoot last year. Come on guys, this is business.

No, we're not confused. Rock was bad. I don't care if he's not supposed to fully bury Punk on the mic. It was the same with Cena last year. There were points last year where Rock was pretty good so despite what I've been saying, I still have faith that Rock can cut a good promo against Punk, despite his possible limitations.

I'm with LB. The segment itself was great but Punk flat out owned him last night.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
There's no hate, I thought the segment was great. But I still think Punk was the better man on the mic last night.

Not you. To the people actually dogging The Rock. CM was suppose to be better on the mic. I think it makes things more interesting. This is five star quality match making history here.

The Viper

Reaction score
After watching Raw again, I've unfortunately come to the conclusion that Rock wasn't that bad. Not as corny as I was probably imagining. CM Punk was still fantastic but Dwayne wasn't all that bad.

Reactions: 1 person

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
After watching Raw again, I've unfortunately come to the conclusion that Rock wasn't that bad. Not as corny as I was probably imagining. CM Punk was still fantastic but Dwayne wasn't all that bad.

:) hell yea!

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to more promos with the two, I think they could click more since a lot of the time it felt like they weren't responding to each other but just laying down separate promos. Still, great stuff between two of the best!