WWE RAW June 4th Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Should Cole have been the build up match for Johnny Ace not the match after? Just saying even in booking this just makes no sense.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
AJ has got this role down pat. Funny how the two divas getting pushed the most don't wrestle.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I must admit, I'm actually entertained with RAW tonight. Storylines and such, everything is progressing and there hasn't been anything that makes you dread. Only Cena/Cole but I guess they don't want Cena getting hurt but in all honesty I would have had The Miz vs. Cena.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Make this easy for you: No
Lol.

Stillmdoesnt change the fact Punk has failed as 1B himself. He had a hot streak but he doesn't sell ppvs or draw viewers, actually loses them without a Cena or Kane type across from him. Some of his quarters and over runs are horrid for a guy with the lengthy run he has had.

He isn't made himself and that to me is just the problem.

The WWE title and making a main eventer has never been about two guys who aren't top stars making one another into top talent with their work. It ain't how the company has worked ever. Hogan cemented Warrior. Bret cemented Michaels. Michaels cemented Austin. HHH cemented Batista and Cena. Rock cemented Brock. Hell HHH did it with Jeff the right way and he was more successful on top and had a higher ceiling than Bryan or Punk

Yeah Punk beat Cena, but it wasn't clean and it amounted to jack shit. He has had feuds with Del Rio, Bryan, and the like but it has gotten those guys or him nowhere. Hamster on a wheel. He can't make a guy when he isn't credible enough and made himself, which is partly WWEs fault for getting him a fucking transitional B list at beat guy to headline Mania with in Jericho, as a win or him meant jack shit on the grand scale of things.

Kane no matter how you feel about him, no matter what he has done, the goofy shit, Katie Vick, and the like is still a legitimate and importing threat at any given second. The same goes for Big Show. They can just be flipped on like a light switch and be taken more seriously than Jericho, Punk, Bryan, and so on.

If you want to build a future you go out and take one of Cody, Dolph, Ryback, or Bryan with a tweaked gimmick of the guy we don't name and place them in a situation to chase Kane, Show, or the Man in Cena. You have them follow the path of guy who gets closer and closer, does better, and gains respect before getting hat big win. When they then get the big win for the strap, you have a legit champion with staying power who people don't change the channel on just like they had in 2005 with Cena and Batista, and just like they had when Jeff got the belt.

Punk ain't cutting it. Bryan ain't cutting it. This formula of hoping they somehow wrestle their way while covered in smark filled jizz to both being legit is garbage. It goes against what the company was built on and what made the WWE special whichis why you see the champion and challenger on the middle of Raw and not headlining multiple ppvs for silly ass gimmick comedy matches

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This show promo is just too similar to the Lesnar promo. Very annoying the entire time I'm waiting for him to say I'm not a superstar I'm an asskicker.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Did Big Show say I don't give a fuck?

I'm liking this realistic promos like they did with Brock. Nice work from Show here.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rip shit up Show, rip shit up like you did on ECW bro.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Big Show getting his Brock Lesnar promo

I'M NOT AN ENTERTAINER, I'M A GIANT

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Impressive video package of Big Show.

Nicely done!

I do wish he was on the show.

Looks like it's time for Tag Team Action, where the fuck is AW?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It's been a VERY good RAW Primetime, highly recommend checking it out.

Also I really don't understand this whole giving Kane the title shit. How is having Kane beat Punk for the title, only for Punk to win it back shortly after gonna do anything at all for Punk or the title. Punk's brought as much credibility back to the belt as he could humanly possibly do, the rest is down to the WWE booking it in early positions on the PPV and RAW's. Don't give me all this shit about ratings either, you keep putting him at the top of the card where the title should be 95% of the time and you actually force the people into liking it. It's a long term project that you should be committing to, not baulking at the first sign of a couple of low ratings.

It has been a long term project but I don't see the issue in having the title switch hands in a feud. It normally happens when there is a feud between two even competitors that they would trade wins on the big stage. Yes Punk has held the title for close to 200 days and he has been a good champion but something needs to happen to get the title back in the spotlight. I see no harm in Punk dropping the title, after not getting pinned, and then winning it back to create some more interest in the feud. Punk will still end up being champion at the end he just is without the title for a month. Fans will love seeing him chase the title again and the payoff will be big when he wins the title back after beating Kane clean in the middle of the ring.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Why are Truth and smiling seconds after seeing a video of getting their asses kicked? Makes no fucking sense. They should be pissed and want to run thru some fuckers.

AW should also use the rematch when they are down and battered come to think of it

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
But is the long title reign all that important when the title reign has been a bit underwhelming recently? The WWE title has taken the back seat to other feuds for most of this year. Something needs to change to make the WWE title more interesting a quick title change may be a good way to freshen things up. I like it when the title goes back and forth in a feud because it shows that the wrestlers are on an even footing.
It will still take a backseat as long as WWE keeps having it's main focus to push Johnny as top heel. That's what I'm saying taking the belt off of him will do nothing let alone doing it just to give it to Kane who won't main event over the main angle. All that will be done is Kane gets a short reign and Punk gets it back and they still will make whatever they want to be the main angle.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So they just gave The Big Show a Lesnar style promo? Pointless shit.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why are Truth and smiling seconds after seeing a video of getting their asses kicked? Makes no fucking sense. They should be pissed and want to run thru some fuckers.

AW should also use the rematch when they are down and battered come to think of it
Took a page out of Cena's book don't worry be happy.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
I like this show, only because in the past Show just turned heel cause they wanted someone big for the faces to try and stop, no real reasons behind it. It reminds me of that time Show said "I was in the main event of Wrestlemania when Austin was gone, and he comes back and where am I, at a restaurant pretending to have a good time"

I miss crazy truth, not heel but that moment right after he came back and was kind of amusing. Seeing Kofi truth reyminds me that I miss Bourne.