WWE RAW July 9th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The crowd, Rock' speech about going after the title, Bryan getting snubbed, and wasn't that the Raw where Henry/Punk had a badass no DQ WWE Title match? Also you can't just gloss over Brock's return, that was far and away the best moment of 2012 for WWE IMO along with his match at ER.

edit: Sheamus got grilled by the crowd, how did you not love that? Miz went clean over Ryder as well. You should be the one marking for that ep of Raw more than i am even.

ADR returned as well, and there was the (at the time) long-awaited debut of Tensai.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Punk Henry did happen on that Raw yeah, it wasn't the No DQ one though, Henry won via count out.

Not the match I was thinking about then. The Punk/Henry match where Punk won with the top rope elbow with a chair was a great match.

Rainman said:
ADR returned as well, and there was the (at the time) long-awaited debut of Tensai.

How could I forget ADR's return. I was marking and he handled the crowd terribly lol. He was just ignoring them and trying to deliver his awful lines and all you could hear was SI! SI! SI! SI!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The crowd, Rock' speech about going after the title, Bryan getting snubbed, and wasn't that the Raw where Henry/Punk had a badass no DQ WWE Title match? Also you can't just gloss over Brock's return, that was far and away the best moment of 2012 for WWE IMO along with his match at ER.

edit: Sheamus got grilled by the crowd, how did you not love that? Miz went clean over Ryder as well. You should be the one marking for that ep of Raw more than i am even.

Of course I loved that, it's my favourite RAW in recent years mainly because of the DB love, Big Show/Sheamus hate, Rhodes love, Lesnar return. I wasn't a fan of Rocky's announcement but the promo itself was good I suppose.

The main reason that RAW was good was because there was no filler. Each segment was important right? This RAW is going to have the perm GM revealed, HBK return which will most likely mean Brock destroying him which I'll mark for, plenty of Heyman, Rock promo and feuding with either punk/db/cena most likely (how can you not like that?) and likely Dolph or Cody with the SD MITB briefcase. Just seems like lots of cool stuff will be happening in each segment bur for some reason it's laughable to you to think this will be ONE OF the best RAW's in recent years where we haven't had too many...

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Of course I loved that, it's my favourite RAW in recent years mainly because of the DB love, Big Show/Sheamus hate, Rhodes love, Lesnar return. I wasn't a fan of Rocky's announcement but the promo itself was good I suppose.

The main reason that RAW was good was because there was no filler. Each segment was important right? This RAW is going to have the perm GM revealed, HBK return which will most likely mean Brock destroying him which I'll mark for, plenty of Heyman, Rock promo and feuding with either punk/db/cena most likely (how can you not like that?) and likely Dolph or Cody with the SD MITB briefcase. Just seems like lots of cool stuff will be happening in each segment bur for some reason it's laughable to you to think this will be ONE OF the best RAW's in recent years where we haven't had too many...

We will see. I'm not going to tout something as the best in recent years before I see it. It has potential obviously but it could turn ugly if they don't do things properly.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Holy shit, I actually didn't care about 1000th Raw that much until I read that.

Hypothetically Bryan fueding with Rock, Punk tweener fueding with Cena, Heyman verbally destroying Triple H, Lesnar destroying HBK - even though he's my second favourite wrestler ever - and Dolph with the MITB briefcase. ST Louis - although it's a fucking disgrace it isn't MSG - are usually a pretty noisey crowd and will hopefully boo Sooper Sheamo.

If WWE manage to ruin this I hate them. It's almost impossible to.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Completely agreed, liked. Also, it's actually hard to predict. Punk/Bryan/Rock/Cena are the big 4 here. Who's feuding with who? It's likely Cena wins MITB but who's going to be champion for him to feud with, if any, and since Rock wants the WWE title he'll be somewhat involved. So much can happen and for once it's unpredictable.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Yay a like :yay:

The only thing I worry about is if WWE waste Rock on Cena again. Now I think about it Punk vs The Rock would be absolutely incredible. If there is anything or anyone that Punk feels bitter about, it's The Rock. The fact that he got the big match at 'Mania and he didn't, you could tell that he was so bitter about that for months. If there is anyone who is going to bring Punk out of his superface self then it's him.

Saying that I would happily lose all that if it meant Ziggler winning MITB.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
I would have liked Raw much better if AJ wasn't in it but because she was, half of the show was taken up by her, DB and CM Punk. The only good thing is that you don't know what is going to happen with AJ which kind of makes it interesting but removing her completely could have made it better and probably would have been able to fit another match in.