WWE RAW July 30th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
It's almost like someone turned on a switch last Monday and they remembered what got Punk over in the first place was not the title and it certainly wasn't him being a smiley, happy, babyface who catered to every little kid in the WWE audience.

What got him over in the first place was the realism of that promo. Now, just like they had to trust Austin to be Austin, they're just letting Punk be Punk.

If this keeps up, and I mean a lot of parts of it, including Punk being Punk, DBD being more aggressive, Show being more realistic (it's the first time in years I've actually appreciated the Big Show). A lot of people are mentioning TNA, but it's just possible that WWE sees the realism that TNA's been showing lately and remembered the love the crowd had for the realistic promos that Punk cut last summer, and figured out something important about keeping an audience interested.

wk

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Can't say enough how much I am loving this commentary. Punk is killing it like usual.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
It's almost like someone turned on a switch last Monday and they remembered what got Punk over in the first place was not the title and it certainly wasn't him being a smiley, happy, babyface who catered to every little kid in the WWE audience.

What got him over in the first place was the realism of that promo. Now, just like they had to trust Austin to be Austin, they're just letting Punk be Punk.

If this keeps up, and I mean a lot of parts of it, including Punk being Punk, DBD being more aggressive, Show being more realistic (it's the first time in years I've actually appreciated the Big Show). A lot of people are mentioning TNA, but it's just possible that WWE sees the realism that TNA's been showing lately and remembered the love the crowd had for the realistic promos that Punk cut last summer, and figured out something important about keeping an audience interested.

wk

Such an epic post. +1 and +5.

"The WWE Champion is the most important part of the show"

But they always do something different this time of year. The Reality Era is back, even if only for a month.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82