• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Raw is coming to Netflix!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
ad synergym, nfl games and also the fact that most ppl HAVE amazon because they order shit. so you have the potential of ppl being like hmm mb ill check our RAW tonight.

I do think u can make that argument with ppl doomscrolling on netflix and bringing live programming to netflix is obviously a game changer

super interesting news, was not expecting that. I think Netflix may have overpayed to get in on the live sports market. Good for WWE, im curious how the stock will react as it's not quite 2x but it's higher than what ppl were expecting which iirc was around 80% increase

Your first paragraph is funny bc I've heard anecdotal stories quite often of people NOT EVEN REALIZING PRIME SUBSCRIPTIONS INCLUDE PRIME VIDEOS lmao but that's obviously only an old people problem. But yeah Netflix is still the king of streaming even if I don't think it has near enough for the subscription price rn, almost everyone still has it so being the first live show on it is probably pretty big

Chris

Dreams are Endless
This was always bound to happen with the cut the cord idea big tv companies were always going to find a way, to get to you. I also pretty much see this as a bigger chance for more ads on streaming places now. So in the end cut the cord really didn't do shit. I mean hell they get you know to Pay more for less ads too. Greedy af.

Raw will 100% have the same amount of ads regardless of your tier too I'd bet, just like how Amazon Prime football games have standard commercial breaks

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Raw will 100% have the same amount of ads regardless of your tier too I'd bet, just like how Amazon Prime football games have standard commercial breaks

Which is ridiculous pay more for no ads except where we deem its necessary too lol like they got you fist over hand.

I would expect to as a gut reaction that those wrestling streams illegal sites gonna get more traffic

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I wanted them to go to Prime fwiw, the experiment intrigued me. So still very interested in how this goes, especially product style once they shift over. Hopefully no more censoring holy shit chants at least lmao
maybe, maybe not. depends if they want RAW to be not be hidden if you put the parental lock on

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
I wanted them to go to Prime fwiw, the experiment intrigued me. So still very interested in how this goes, especially product style once they shift over. Hopefully no more censoring holy shit chants at least lmao
That is def something can possibly go for more TV-14 type. I wonder how many cross over your gonna get now too. When Bojack Horseman comes out to announce the punk vs. Cody match on n1 main event of Raw on Netflix :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I have no idea what the parameters are for that fwiw, just playing devil's advocate

From what I understand it varies from cable to network so I'd assume some variance to streaming as well. But I don't even know if USA has to censor the chants at PG (they didn't use to) or if they're just choosing to for their sponsors. Fox had to censor a lot bc they were on network and it was PG tho

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Your first paragraph is funny bc I've heard anecdotal stories quite often of people NOT EVEN REALIZING PRIME SUBSCRIPTIONS INCLUDE PRIME VIDEOS lmao but that's obviously only an old people problem. But yeah Netflix is still the king of streaming even if I don't think it has near enough for the subscription price rn, almost everyone still has it so being the first live show on it is probably pretty big
I downgraded to the ad-tier, it's $7 a month. not terrible if you ask me. And it sounds like Netflix is getting the WWE Network overseas (good move for them as it's easier to work with 1 company than to work with different companies in different regions). Wondering if Netflix will pick up WWE Network from Peacock once the deal expires.

But this deal is a game changer for the industry as a whole.

Of course the big question is... Where does RAW air from October til January? Thought the USA deal expires in October.

Finally, I laugh at people complaining about putting it behind a paywall... when RAW has ALWAYS been behind a paywall. Cable Television is a paid service (that is about 10x more expensive than Netflix FWIW).

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
What does it mean by this part, it has me confused :lol
That means that if WWE doesn't have an existing contract for their shows/specials in that country, it's on Netflix. That's a gamechanger for them as they no longer have to negotiate with different services in different countries. I'd think once existing contracts expire those countries will jump onto the Netflix deal.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
It will also be interesting to see how this affects their international TV deals once they expire. Because those deals may not seem so great to like a UK tv channel when someone can just sub to netflix (which they prob already are) instead of paying for the channel, for example