• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Raw is coming to Netflix!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I love you bud, and I want the Netflix move to happen so I wouldn’t wish anything that would hurt you so rest easy.

There’s no guarantee it happens, though. Peacock will probably pony up in 2026.

Which is still two years away, anyway.
I’m just emotional this morning lol. Didn’t sleep great, just woke up and got stuff to do so I can’t go back to sleep, and none of the first things I saw was this and I’m like damn if that happened, idk what I do.

Butters

That's Me!
I'm curious what the set up will look like on Netflix. like Smark has said the network was set up pretty perfect and although Peacock had it's own WWE section it was pretty poorly set up.

I wonder if Netflix with have a WWE Section on it's own or will it just have shows randomly in netflix like everything currently is.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
The peacock section is so bad I've already gotten used to just searching for what I want instead of trying to navigate so I'm fine with either at this point

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
I think people forget something about the Peacock deal.

When WWE moved the Network to a major Streaming service in 2021, the only one that had proven LIVE capabilities was Peacock. Amazon was yet to do any Live broadcasts (Thusday Night Football didn't start until later that year), Netflix has just recently started dipping their toes into live in 2023, Max (then HBO Max) and Disney+ had no live programming, and Paramount+ didn't exist. The only option was ESPN+ or Peacock. I don't think ESPN+ was ever truly a viable option, especially since WWE had no prior relationship with Disney (the parent company of ESPN), where they had one with NBC/Universal (the parent company of USA/Peacock).

WWE will be the flagbearer for Netflix's Live programming which is a big deal.

Reactions: BSE

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I wasn't even aware Peacock had live capabilities at the time, I thought Elimination Chamber was the guinea pig event before Mania for them for it

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
I wasn't even aware Peacock had live capabilities at the time, I thought Elimination Chamber was the guinea pig event before Mania for them for it
nah they've simulcast the NBC feed for a few years, and also had tons of Olympic coverage. And before Peacock NBC had an NBC Sports streaming service that had a lot of international Soccer, which then got folded into Peacock.

I watch Sunday Night Football on Peacock ever since I've had it, and I've also watched NHL before NBC lost the rights.

WWE was by far the biggest thing to their live streaming. Much bigger than NFL (it was just the game that aired on NBC) and Olympics (which was the jobber events).