WWE Raw discussion thread 25th June 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
Are we all sure that Sin Cara doesn't speak English at the request of WWE? So then one day they can use him in a story in the future etc? (I don't know who he is, so this is a guess here).

Triple H's first signing as a executive. Mexicos biggest draw. Sadly because of not talking much or any English and not being sent to FCW to learn the WWE style he ended up botching a whole lot and hurting himself and others. Ending up sending him on sick leave for a little over 6 months.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Triple H's first signing as a executive. Mexicos biggest draw. Sadly because of not talking much or any English and not being sent to FCW to learn the WWE style he ended up botching a whole lot and hurting himself and others. Ending up sending him on sick leave for a little over 6 months.

What? Not speaking has not impacted his career at all yet. With a character like Sin Cara it's all about booking. Also, he was seriously hurt. Not sure if you thought they sent him on sick leave randomly lol.

He's slowed down a lot in the ring now, which is lame, but he still does some pretty cool things. I'm no Sin Cara fan, but I'm no hater. Though those fucking mood lights have to go.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
As far as I know he doesn't speak fluent English, he may know some but not enough to cut a promo. As for who he is, he was a huge star in Mexican promotion CMLL as Mistico, he became the biggest draw there and signed for the WWE in 2011.

Thanks, do many come from Mexico into WWE then, or not many at all? seems a bit strange if he can't speak English fluently, I assume he can understand it though which you'd also expect him to be able to speak it.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
Thanks, do many come from Mexico into WWE then, or not many at all? seems a bit strange if he can't speak English fluently, I assume he can understand it though which you'd also expect him to be able to speak it.

Not a lot. Sin Cara was at the top in Mexico so HHH brought him to WWE. Same way how Vince brought Goldberg from WCW to WWE.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
What? Not speaking has not impacted his career at all yet. With a character like Sin Cara it's all about booking. Also, he was seriously hurt. Not sure if you thought they sent him on sick leave randomly lol.

He's slowed down a lot in the ring now, which is lame, but he still does some pretty cool things. I'm no Sin Cara fan, but I'm no hater. Though those F**cking mood lights have to go.

By sick leave I meant him being hurt :sad:
And of course booking is the major cause for his botches but not speaking the language of the guy you are doing the spots with will also play a factor if a small one. It doesn't exactly increase your chances of succeeding.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:

He's slowed down a lot in the ring now, which is lame, but he still does some pretty cool things. I'm no Sin Cara fan, but I'm no hater. Though those F**cking mood lights have to go.

Crayo, once Cara gets a feud and proper booking you will mark for him.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
By sick leave I meant him being hurt :sad:
And of course booking is the major cause for his botches but not speaking the language of the guy you are doing the spots with will also play a factor if a small one. It doesn't exactly increase your chances of succeeding.

True. But he was even botching with Hunico who speaks Mexican lol. WWE water you down enough to fucksuck if you're not taught properly. Even with his botching though Sin got really over really fast. For a guy with a not very impacting theme and shitty moodlights that ain't too bad.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
True. But he was even botching with Hunico who speaks Mexican lol. WWE water you down enough to fucksuck if you're not taught properly. Even with his botching though Sin got really over really fast. For a guy with a not very impacting theme and shitty moodlights that ain't too bad.

Speaks Mexican? :facepalm1: And yes he did get over fast, the reason is because he's little and the underdog.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Bobby Hill said:
Speaks Mexican? :facepalm1: And yes he did get over fast, the reason is because he's little and the underdog.

SHHH.

No, the reason is because he's fantastic to watch. He's not had a long/good enough feud to even be considered the underdog, he wins almost all the time.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
How many times has he actually jobbed? I can recall against Christian on SD and that's it not counting the MITB match tbh.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
SHHH.

No, the reason is because he's fantastic to watch. He's not had a long/good enough feud to even be considered the underdog, he wins almost all the time.
What I mean is that he's a natural underdog, feud or no feud. He's just like a little man.

Seabs said:
How many times has he actually jobbed? I can recall against Christian on SD and that's it not counting the MITB match tbh.

Just one of the reasons I consider him as good. Guys like Ziggler need to job and work their way up, while Cara doesn't nessesarily have to.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bobby Hill said:
Just one of the reasons I consider him as good. Guys like Ziggler need to job and work their way up, while Cara doesn't nessesarily have to.

But doesn't that, for the sake of the debate now purely: Devalue Sin Cara in a sense? Say that Cara makes it all the way to the WHC or WWE title. Without him jobbing or really losing his reign would feel cheap in a sense. Whilst a guy like Dolph who you have seen work his way up from jobber gets a victory that feels all the more sweeter once he gets there.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Bobby Hill said:
What I mean is that he's a natural underdog, feud or no feud. He's just like a little man.

Makes no sense.

Cara needs a brutal feud.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
But doesn't that, for the sake of the debate now purely: Devalue Sin Cara in a sense? Say that Cara makes it all the way to the WHC or WWE title. Without him jobbing or really losing his reign would feel cheap in a sense. Whilst a guy like Dolph who you have seen work his way up from jobber gets a victory that feels all the more sweeter once he gets there.

I guess, but it just means WWE is more invested in Cara. Daniel Bryan was someone for Sheamus to just step over and have him job to. But WWE didn't expect all the love Daniel Bryan got. It was cuz of that they started investing in him again. Another reason Cara doesn't job though is because he's face.