WWE Raw discussion thread 25th June 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bobby Hill said:
I doubt he doesn't know English. He works for WWE, an American company plus Rey and the other WWE superstars probably taught him some.

WWE has hired multiple superstars that doesn't speak English before. Heck André the Giant didn't speak English for a hell of a long time and he is the most well known foreign wrestler in WWE history.

I sadly don't see Cara developing mic skills in English good enough to carry a top card feud. He might become a upper mid carder, bringing the pop of the night and Holy shit moments but he won't be the Cena/Orton level that Ziggler seems poised for. Ziggler is praised as the next HBK for petes sake.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
WWE has hired multiple superstars that doesn't speak English before. Heck André the Giant didn't speak English for a hell of a long time and he is the most well known foreign wrestler in WWE history.

I sadly don't see Cara developing mic skills in English good enough to carry a top card feud. He might become a upper mid carder, bringing the pop of the night and Holy s*** moments but he won't be the Cena/Orton level that Ziggler seems poised for. Ziggler is praised as the next HBK for petes sake.

Like Paul Heyman says, play to the guy's strengths and hide his weaknesses. Chris Benoit wasn't the best promo cutter but he played to his strengths which was being a good wrestler. Jeff Hardy didn't talk much but he did stunts and excited the crowd. Sin Cara doesn't have to be Cena/Orton, he just has to be Sin Cara. The fact that Sin Cara doesn't speak English could be made into something good by turning him into an enigma. Same as Jeff Hardy.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Bobby Hill said:
Like Paul Heyman says, play to the guy's strengths and hide his weaknesses. Chris Benoit wasn't the best promo cutter but he played to his strengths which was being a good wrestler. Jeff Hardy didn't talk much but he did stunts and excited the crowd. Sin Cara doesn't have to be Cena/Orton, he just has to be Sin Cara. The fact that Sin Cara doesn't speak English could be made into something good by turning him into an enigma. Same as Jeff Hardy.

Doesn't work sadly, to be a world champion you need to be able to carry a feud on the mic. What would his feuds be? How would he accept challenges, nodding his head would get repetitive and their would be no depth to his reign. He'd need a manager, but who? Rey could work although he's horrible on the stick he's over and speaks English.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Think I could be up for this one. Been waiting for a text for a while and tbh it made me realise I'm not tired, so I might go for it.

Incidentally, I don't know whether to text or if I come across as too pushy? Not sure what to do :sad:

Anyway back on topic, would it not be quite hard for Sin Cara to work a long match if he doesn't speak English? Could that not lead to communication issues and potentially be dangerous?

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Doesn't work sadly, to be a world champion you need to be able to carry a feud on the mic. What would his feuds be? How would he accept challenges, nodding his head would get repetitive and their would be no depth to his reign. He'd need a manager, but who? Rey could work although he's horrible on the stick he's over and speaks English.

Sin Cara could accept a challenge by initiating a thumbs up! :lol1: But like Crayo said, just get him a manager. But managers are more so used for heels.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I doubt many people here think Sin Cara will be a main eventer. I do believe he can have a Rey style career though. Plus, not ever speaking could play to his advantage.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I doubt many people here think Sin Cara will be a main eventer. I do believe he can have a Rey style career though. Plus, not ever speaking could play to his advantage.

Sin Cara also has the best costumes. Like a WWE superhero. This also brings me to Undertaker, another guy that hardly talks.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Are we all sure that Sin Cara doesn't speak English at the request of WWE? So then one day they can use him in a story in the future etc? (I don't know who he is, so this is a guess here).

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
There is a difference between rarely speaking and not being able to. Also Taker cuts promos when ever he shows up, and has always had some input as soon as he lost his manager Paul Bearer.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nah I don't think he does actually speak English, or much at all. Not enough to carry a conversation let alone perform in a way to hold a feud. But I still see it as a good thing, it surrounds him with mystique.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
Are we all sure that Sin Cara doesn't speak English at the request of WWE? So then one day they can use him in a story in the future etc? (I don't know who he is, so this is a guess here).

ad84ce91b33fda7a740f6ddd898e8435.jpg

Crayo said:
Nah I don't think he does actually speak English, or much at all. Not enough to carry a conversation let alone perform in a way to hold a feud. But I still see it as a good thing, it surrounds him with mystique.

Exactly, enigma.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:

As far as I know he doesn't speak fluent English, he may know some but not enough to cut a promo. As for who he is, he was a huge star in Mexican promotion CMLL as Mistico, he became the biggest draw there and signed for the WWE in 2011.