• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
DB's new character is great. The IWC has been crying about him being booked "cowardly"...WRONG. There's nothing cowardly about him. He's going face to face with two of the largest men on the roster on a WEEKLY BASIS, and he's yet to back down. Sure, he's loop holed his way out of a couple matches, but that's not cowardly, it's fuckin' smart. Look at both his matches with Show. He faught the dude for a while and only looked for a shortcut when it was evident there was nothing he could do.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Finally sat down and watched Raw.

Not sure why Jericho spoke tbh. Should have just kept it with the HIGHLIGHT REEL on the Highlight Reel and been done.

Oh, and Regal saying "400 lbs. of septic tripe" was :lmmmao: worthy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I've said for too long now that Cole's work as abhorred, for multiple reasons.

He's not completely a heel. A heel commentator is supposed to have some sort of logical disdain towards the top faces. King had Bret Hart, but even after that, he was solid sticking to commentary jabs at Stone Cold, but never burying the guy with the loudest mic ever... he just kept it legit saying he didn't like him or the things he did... never attacked his ability in the ring. Cole won't even talk down on Cena (real-life friendship interfering a little bit? Cena seems awfully opposed to the WWE exploiting him as an unfavorable figure, I wonder why that is?), he hypes Randy Orton to no end (oh, but let's have him bash Orton alongside Wade Barrett but never address Cole's comments), and he's now apparently sold on CM Punk until it comes to Johnny Ace. Cole doesn't focus on the ring. *It would be nice if the heel commentator was the color guy, not the voice of the WWE... especially if the voice of the WWE (presumably the guy who speaks for more than himself) is going to go out of his way to slaughter not only the talent, but also the folks at ringside. When King was at his best (a full-blown heel) he wouldn't take jabs at Jim Ross' appearance, not only because we at home weren't really supposed to care about their appearance, rather their ability to call the action, advance & fill-in storylines, but also because he played his role. I'm tired of hearing "Daniel Bryan is a DORK!", "JR is a fat slob oozing bbq out of his pores!", "Booker, you're terrible at commentary AND at wrestling!" This is the same pipsqueak who The Rock bitched night after night after night after night... and here he is talking down to one of the most decorated superstars in Wrestling history, an up-and-coming champion, and one of the maybe 15 most recognizable figures in WWE history.

He still doesn't know WTF he's talking about 90% of the time. Not only is he trying to be the voice of the WWE as the main commentary man, but he's trying (horribly) to be the color guy as well, and that's a horrible formula.

He's constantly bashing entire divisions (Diva, Tag), and while it may be justified... as the voice of the WWE, it's his job to hype those divisions and get people a little interested in them so that maybe they actually can develop them... instead, all you hear is how much both divisions suck and how worthless they are, and all you care about is that he's right, and has been right, and will continue to be right, and it's even worse because of his position because he sells to the fans to change their channels during these divisions airing.

Something I want to note about the Bryan/Show thing... when it first happened, Cole was bringing the speculation that perhaps Show did it on purpose and maybe Daniel Bryan wasn't at fault... which would have been a solid move for Cole as it's something a good heel commentator does (think Heenan saying that Janetty launched himself through the window of the Barber Shop)... but in just 3 days, he flip-flopped and suddenly started putting all the blame on Bryan, not speculating at all or providing any reasoning for how he jumped to his conclusion.

Lastly, he's the most incompetent prick wearing a headset that I can recall. I've never heard someone talk over more shit than Cole. Whether it be Punk or Bryan cutting a promo, to a staredown/fight to end the show (I swear to God I wished King would have decked him Monday when he started talking when Ziggler laid Punk out, but King added a worse line to follow up), all the way to speaking in the middle of the GM announcing a match/event.

...god...

Reaction score
DB's new character is great. The IWC has been crying about him being booked "cowardly"...WRONG. There's nothing cowardly about him. He's going face to face with two of the largest men on the roster on a WEEKLY BASIS, and he's yet to back down. Sure, he's loop holed his way out of a couple matches, but that's not cowardly, it's fuckin' smart. Look at both his matches with Show. He faught the dude for a while and only looked for a shortcut when it was evident there was nothing he could do.
this is very true, but it'd be more effective if he was booked as a Kurt Angle. Even though he's not outright running away, he still is completely inferior to these guys and doesn't seem like a believable champion or a main event contender which is what's wrong with WWE's horrid Blue booking nowadays in trying to create new stars.

Also, Cole admitted he 'agreed with some of Bryan's points' he never flipped, he said it was partly both sides faults. That's what I'm saying, he shouldn't be impartial, he still said he hated Bryan and he's a nerd and etc.