WWE RAW August 6th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I got an alarm finally :boss1:

inb4 it doesn't wake me up

Reactions: Snowman1

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Love the pic in the OP.

I'm kinda' "meh" about tonight. It has some potential, just nothing stellar I suppose. Like always, I'll be looking forward to seeing / hearing Punk, but that's every week for me. I am interested in seeing how they continue Ziggler / Jericho tonight and am hoping to hear more matches announced for SummerSlam.

gzilla46

The Artiste
Reaction score
I want to see the Jericho and Ziggler feud. Why are they even feuding though? Do we know yet?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
gzilla46 said:
I want to see the Jericho and Ziggler feud. Why are they even feuding though? Do we know yet?

Ziggler thinks he's better than Jericho (ugh), and was calling out Jericho for not winning a big match since his return. Jericho's wanting to win a big match before he leaves...

Oh shit... Jericho's going to win this feud... :((

gzilla46

The Artiste
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Ziggler thinks he's better than Jericho (ugh), and was calling out Jericho for not winning a big match since his return. Jericho's wanting to win a big match before he leaves...

Oh s***... Jericho's going to win this feud... :((

I hope he does. Hope he shows Ziggler what for.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Rainman said:

I will be majorly disappointed if Jericho gets what he wants. Sadly, I can see it playing out that way. I'll keep hoping for Ziggler to win though.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Rainman said:

This is what worries me slightly. Even though Jericho is the absolute king of putting folk over, the fued doesn't really suit that happening if that makes sense? It's almost like an underdog story only without the underdog winning if anyone else knows what I mean?

Still, I've got confidence in Jericho to persuade folks in the back to let him put Dolph over if they aren't already.

gzilla46

The Artiste
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
I will be majorly disappointed if Jericho gets what he wants. Sadly, I can see it playing out that way. I'll keep hoping for Ziggler to win though.

Why is that a bad thing?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This just reeks of Rhodes vs Big Show from earlier this year. WWE realized they didn't give an old-timer something they should have (in their eyes) given them (PPV win for Jericho, 'Mania win for Show), so they want to get that out of the way before they leave.

And by "before they leave" I mean "Big Show better fucking retire by Mania 29"

Reactions: Rysenberg

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Rainman said:
This just reeks of Rhodes vs Big Show from earlier this year. WWE realized they didn't give an old-timer something they should have (in their eyes) given them (PPV win for Jericho, 'Mania win for Show), so they want to get that out of the way before they leave.

And by "before they leave" I mean "Big Show better F**cking retire by Mania 29"

Yeah but they've always had a fetish for Show, they've never been a great fan of Jericho so I hope/pray they don't decide that they will put him over the hottest property on the WWE roster when he's been beaten by the likes of Heath Slater :facepalm1:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
gzilla46 said:
Why is that a bad thing?

The simplest answer to that would be because I'm a Ziggler fan and want him to win. Ergo, Jericho winning a feud against Ziggler would disappoint me.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It would disappoint me if Jericho won simply because he's leaving and it wouldn't make sense. If he was staying I wouldn't care at all.

This, too. They could use this feud as a great opportunity to put Ziggler over before Jericho leaves. If Jericho wins then leaves, I don't see that they really accomplish anything.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Don't worry, Jericho never wins and has a fetish for putting over new guys. I'm 99% sure Dolph is winning.

I really hope that's the case. I know he does have a history of putting newer wrestlers over, so I'm hoping WWE Creative will work it from that angle this time, as well.