WWE RAW 9th January - Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Show was really entertaining overall for me. Need to do more with Dolph/Punk/Big Johnny but they have time so hopefully they will.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
so what happened in the show? Going through 30 pages would take too long.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;g701p3qeIww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g701p3qeIww&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Ricardo > Truth > The Funkasauras dancing > Big Johnny > Jeritroll > Kane's deep promos > Punk/Dolph wrestling > Ryder being Ryder > ALL

Sorry I felt the thread lacked the appropriate amount of andrewisms. While most of the things in your list would be on mine also i would have to order some of them differently.

Reactions: 1 person

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Lets Go through what I thought was probably the best Raw of 2012 so far.

Kane starts off with a pretty good promo got a lot of heel heat which bought out Cena and the two brawled, they went to the outside and Kane for the majority of it was in control and threw him into the plastic crap and by the time Cena got up Kane was gone.

We get Daniel Brian (who did not get a reaction this week on Raw and if this keeps up then Brian needs to drop the belt to Big Show at the Royal Rumble) vs Kofi Kingston in a match that went I think 2 minutes maybe less now before I go on I just want to say this is not good for Brian that he didn't get any kind of reaction and he can usually get a pretty good reaction from the crowd now I blame this on two things first WWE's booking of him he's lost so many matches since winning the briefcase I was going to predict that he never gets to cash in the briefcase because he would most likely lose it and the fact that he's personality is just too bland the guy is a true internet darling, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the guy but I don't think he is world title material.

Zack asks Eve out she says yes but after her match for a shot at the diva's championship I'm already tired of this storyline but Kane stalking Ryder was excellent.

Jinder Mahal and Wade Barret vs Santino and Sheamus I'm pretty sure was just to build up for the Royal Rumble match which I think more people need to start doing and by the way Santino looks like he has gained weight he's got a chubby look on him now.

Jack Swagger vs CM Punk is up and Big Johnny comes out and says that if Swagger loses then he and Vickie are banned from ringside at the royal rumble, match ends in controversial fashion or did it ? I think that the ref legit messed up because Punk looked pissed and I was certain he was looking to lock in the Anaconda Vice but some quick thinking they've made it part of the storyline.

And Now the Funkasaurus Brodus Clay and I love the gimmick i thought it was cool to see the go happy disco boy get down and nasty in the ring and that finish was actually pretty good.

Cena vs Ziggler was a dud Cena was hit with the sleeper twice surely he could've done the loss by being knocked out and made Ziggler come out a bit stronger.

Kane attacking Ryder was epic and the chokeslam looked good and then taking Cena out after that with him standing tall well it just looked freakin awesome.

Overall a 8/10 is my final mark for Raw.

Now the Jericho issue I'm assuming that he's going heel but enough the fucking trolling it was good once not twice hopefully next week he speaks

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I love WWE and it's enjoyable every week but it's not as entertaining as it was. It's funny how a man saying nothing is the most interesting thing on Raw.. Jericho is proving the point that the WWE is a long way from being entertaining as of now.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
sounds like a decent show

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
wait... I just thought... what version of the four horsemen is going? Is it every member of the 4 horsemen? Because if it is... then that means Benoit will be inducted.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
wait... I just thought... what version of the four horsemen is going? Is it every member of the 4 horsemen? Because if it is... then that means Benoit will be inducted.

JJ Dillon will be inducted with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Barry Windham I believe.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
They actually didn't mention Flair in it at all, probably cause he's already in real question is will he be present. I could have swore I read somewhere Arn was in before they started making a huge deal about the hall but apparently i was wrong.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Flair has to be a part of it. There is no 4 Horsemen without Ric Flair. But the third incarnation is very very very good.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It was stupid and cheesy, but I liked it.

Everything after Brodus was hideous though.

Ryder's stuff was plain shite.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Pretty good show, if you ask me. Funkasauras was one of my favorite parts of the show, it was just so unexpected and actually entertaining.

Edge getting into the Hall of Fame is a great moment for me, being a huge Edge fan for years and years. Looking back on it, he's literally been around for over a decade. Completely deserves it. As far as the Horsemen go, I'm sure Flair's gonna let this get to his head and start telling people he's being inducted in the Hall of Fame twice. Not looking forward to the reports on that.

Punk was average this week, I'm sure all the Punk fanboys will cry when they read this. Get used to it, he's not God. Ziggler could have had a better showing, they should have concluded the match with Ziggler getting back in the ring and being declared the winner before they went to the Adventures of Cena and Kane.

Jericho segment was expected, but of course... this has to be the last time.

Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi needed to be longer, that was bullshit.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
The worst part of the night I think probably had to be D Brian vs Kingston the match was just way too short and that segment could've been used for wwe.com if anything at all to give Kofi and Brian another 5 minutes.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Can't believe I watch this shit every week honestly. Oh well it's somewhat entertaining...

Glad I missed the rest of the show after the first hour...

Facepalmed when I caught up on the rest.