Raw WWE RAW 9th December 2013 - LIVE Discussion - The Slammy's

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Makes you wonder ... Randy goes back at Cena, but what happens if Cena goes even farther in? That's the problem with this compared to a Rock/Austin or even him having a Triple H or Punk, Cena can cut him up on the mic while barely caring
Pretty much which is why this feud never works the way WWE wants it to. The top rivals have to be able to go back n fourth on the mic and Orton just can't do it which is a shame cause I like Orton.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah I'm not sure who Cena would get come to think of it, if it wasn't Trips. Years ago I would have said Vince because its never been done, but not now. They also stand to break records if they can hold Cena/Taker off to 32. It almost means they have to bring someone in for him if they go with anything outside Punk v Bryan

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah I'm not sure who Cena would get come to think of it, if it wasn't Trips. Years ago I would have said Vince because its never been done, but not now. They also stand to break records if they can hold Cena/Taker off to 32. It almost means they have to bring someone in for him if they go with anything outside Punk v Bryan

Maybe Cena gets a returning Sheamus? I know it may seem like a step down, but Sheamus can be like "dis coompany needs new blood fella," "You old arses can't coot it any mar".

The Authority tells Orton to go play with some string in the back, and say the company is transitioning, this place needs fresher stars, and instead of the ones the crowd says they want, they give them Sheamus as the new face of the company...I know he is almsot 35, but the WWE universe don't know that.

Could always hotshot Roman Reign,s but I do'nt think that would be wise.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess but I always figured they would try to bring Sheamus back as a face over a heel.

I just re watched it and they all took a shit on Randy. Didn't notice before, but when Randy threatens Bret and Shawn they look at one another and bust out laughing at the thought

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pwtorch

John Cena gave props to the 12th man and asked if they wanted one more match.

Bonus Main Event: WWE champion Randy Orton and World Hvt. champion John Cena wrestled to a DQ when Orton used a chair. Orton tried for an RKO, but ate an AA to end it.

Cena then brought out Daniel Bryan to another huge pop. Booker T came out and led the crowd in wanting a Spinnarooni from Bryan. After resisting, he did it, albeit awkwardly. Then, he challenged Cena to it, and he also awkwardly did it. He then brought out John Laurinaitis for a People Power Spinarooni. Then, Titus O'Neil came out and did the best-looking one besides Booker.

Next, he challenged Stephanie McMahon to come out. She initially tried backing out of it, saying her head hurts. She eventually did it, in heels mind you. Finally, he brought out C.M. Punk for a Spinarooni in only his underwear. Booker then closed the show in front of a loud Seattle crowd all night long. Fun post show stuff!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Damn, quite the post show antics, the atmosphere must be pretty rosy this week. wonder if it continues going into Rumble. Think a funner work environment leads to an overal better product.

At WWE's peak Steve Austin would do random run-ins just because he wasnted to have fun. Take a chokelslam from Taker for for his own shiggles. Also Rock Jericho would do long improv skits always ending in a Rock Bottom.

If it looks like the players are having fun, the audience has fun too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Slammy Voting

WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced today that the 2013 Slammy Awards set a new record with 1.64 million votes via the WWE app, an increase of 180 percent from last year’s record-setting awards show.

ADR Concussion
"WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio suffered a concussion during a match with Sin Cara on the Dec. 9 edition of Raw, according to WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann.

After speaking with Del Rio following his match, it was determined that he suffered the injury as a result of a top-rope sunset flip powerbomb. Following some initial testing, Dr. Amann diagnosed Del Rio with a concussion and will be re-evaluating him tomorrow, as well as administering an ImPACT test to determine a timetable for the former World Heavyweight Champion's recovery."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pretty much knew ADR had a concussion after he smacked his head on the mat, I know that glazed look. Experienced that shit. Not fun, he won't be sleeping tonight. No plane rides for you,

Blessing in disguise, he can take a month or two off, hell wait til after Mania, and he will be considered a fresh face and the ADR backlash will be a thing of the past.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There was SO MUCH in that final segment.

First, Triple H being silenced by the Yes! chants. Second, during Orton's promo, getting the boring chants AND Del Rio looking at Triple H and saying, "I can talk better than this." Okay, maybe he didn't say that exactly, but it sure as Hell looked like it. Then the crowd chanting Yes! again and Mark Henry laughing because it was clear who this crowd (like most) have been about.

Then we get, without a doubt, the BEST John Cena promo in years. It wasn't the ultra-practiced shtick... this was John Cena flowing off the top of his head with some awesome content. Yeah, he got cheap and used Daniel Bryan to get pops, but he made a tremendous point there, and set himself up for a title defense against Bryan at the Royal Rumble (more on that in a second). We also had Cena talking about GIVING Punk a title shot when he was supposed to be leaving (nah, Punk earned it, but okay... just more towards what I'll get at in a second).

All the while this is going on, Shawn Michaels is standing right next to Bret Hart. Bret Hart is in the middle of the ring with a bunch of former champions in a segment we KNOW is going to get crazy, so I'm just sitting there waiting for the Orton punt to the head that kills Bret.

Anyways, we get this brawl where Punk/Triple H get into it. Shawn Michaels kicks Punk for revenge and Daniel Bryan gets his lick in on HBK with the most telegraphed but awesome flying knee ever. Orton knocks out Steph inadvertently, catches a Pedigree, and comes to seeing the Authority standing with Cena.

Yeah, we're due for at least a swerve or two. Maybe Cena doesn't turn heel and side with the Authority... but this is intriguing because it all happens days after Hunter OFFICIALLY takes over creative. But what I see at face value is:

Triple H/Punk will officially begin their war, likely facing off at Royal Rumble. It'll carry over to Elimination Chamber. Punk WILL win the Royal Rumble. Daniel Bryan will lose to John Cena at the Royal Rumble with Cena getting a distraction from The Authority (and/or the Wyatt Family). This is key, because Bryan will intervene in Punk/Hunter at EC, helping Punk win and secure his shot at The Authority's Champion John Cena at Wrestlemania XXX. Bryan's feud will carry over and he will face Hunter at Mania XXX, where Shawn will be... wait for it... the special enforcer (hopefully back in the booty shorts at a show titled XXX for the major troll job). Then we can start building for Punk/Bryan for the title at SummerSlam and maybe even a title match between the two at Mania 31.

So what about Orton? Something tells me he will go one-on-one with a former Mania opponent... in Kane.

Oh yeah, gotta address The Shield. Reigns will dominate bulk of the match... Ambrose will eliminate him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;544iIesuny0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544iIesuny0[/video]

Punk hugging Steph with nothing on but his underwear was too funny. Looks like they all had a lot of fun.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Diff angle of Steph

[video=youtube_share;G7SLiQCPfU0]http://youtu.be/G7SLiQCPfU0[/video]

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Whole vid from hard cam angle
[video=youtube_share;MbCzrPfALlc]http://youtu.be/MbCzrPfALlc[/video]

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Think Matt Hardy summed up that final segment best for me

"The last segment of WWE RAW was phenomenal in it's totality. It serve so many purposes perfectly. Both Triple H and Cena reacted to the Daniel Bryan responses flawlessly. Orton's promo was on the money. Cena's promo was on the money. There was star power everywhere in the ring. The brawl at the end was exciting, leading to Stephanie getting tackled by RKO. The viewers were left with questions at the end, yet wanting to see more. That segment was WWE at it's best. The content of those final 25 minutes of RAW sold TLC PPVs. Kudos, WWE!"

As for Cena "destroying" Orton, of course he had the upperhand he was flip flopping from shooting and keeping it kayfabe while kissing ass to get as many cheap pops and fan recognition as he could. Orton could have quite easily picked him apart with half of the stuff he said this week and the past week, but he kept kayfabe. Guess shooting is perfectly fine when some guys do it, but not others..

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You really think Orton could go with Cena gloves off on the mic?

Cena turned the segment around from the boring chants imo, and nothing he said isn't true. If they both went off script to toot their horns, he'd kill that dude and his actual impact. If Triple h was more closely aligned with Orton or there was a flair like in evolution, they could play cowboys and Indians all day for compelling tv

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I never said he could go with Cena, I said he could pick him apart which I have absolutely no doubts that he could. Who gives a fuck if some fanboys were chanting boring, he was still money with what he said. Also, it doesn't matter if what he said is true or not he still shot on Orton for what I reason I don't know because he could have quite easily done the same thing but not taken us backstage. How about telling us how he's actually protected in this angle with HHH making sure he got the title, how Shawn and Trips helped him keep hold of it instead of taking it one step higher for what I deem no reason other than because he can.