WWE RAW 7th January 2013 - The Rock Returns LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's why I loved the Punk promo because it pretty much was a full explanation as to why he is how he is since his heel turn. So I dont agree with Dale about it just being random ranting cause it was far from it but I can respect if you weren't a big fan of it. As much as I wasn't a fan of some of Rock's comedy he did indeed do a great job putting over the match and putting over Punk as big threat. Think I will end up likinh this feud much better than the Cena/Rock one and the match will probably definitely be better since I think they'll mesh pretty good.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll rewatch it again soon and look at it from your guys perspective see if anything else clicks with me.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It might because it pretty much addressed the whole why Punk isn't the rebel he was over a year ago and the peoples perception that he sold out because he isn't that same character. Pretty much fit in a kayfabe and shoot way at the same time which was pretty unique.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that with Punk's promo he was actually more on point than usual and had a clear focus which made that promo better than a lot of his recent stuff. He explained his actions and explained why he has changed over the past year whilst champion. One other thing I really liked from Punk was when Rock was talking, Punk kept his mouth shut and didn't pull faces like Cena did quite a few times last year. Punk remained serious and kept his intensity the entire time and that worked really well.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Two ***+ matches and a fun ending promo. If that isn't good enough for a weekly show, I don't know what you people want.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Finally finished watching Raw and have a few notes.... 1) other than their actual wrestling matches, which are good, I am bored to tears with the Cena/Ziggler feud
2) Rhodes Scholars need to win the tag straps next week on Raw, possibly with a little interference from Dr. Shelby 3) Cesaro and Miz need to have a nice long feud ending at WM 4) Now that Ryback is out of the title picture for a little while, I hope they start a more specific program with him and the Shield 5) Punk is AMAZING! the back and forth with him and The Rock was about as good as it gets... Great intensity, neither one burying the other, just enough comedy from the Rock, perfect job laying the groundwork for the next 3 weeks.... Overall a very good show, although two doses of 3MB probably wasn't necessary

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I will agree that 3MB didn't need two matches but after Slater's matches with Miz on SD! and Orton on Raw I'd give him more chances with the help of McIntyre and Mahal to make him look like an actual threat.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
CM Punk was basically trying to rehash his old promos from ROH and looked obvious doing it, he tehn resulted in just calling the fans losers and looked desperated doing it. He started off good, then fell flat.

Not saying Rocks rebuttal was better, seeing as I could see him saying things like, he didn't tell the people to respect them, they people didn't like him when he started but he earned their respect and annointed him the peoples champ, it wasn't a gimmick, because he does everything for the people, so on and so forth....Call Punk an arrogant little shit who expects everything to be handed to him instead of working for it, like people like him, Austin or even Triple H had to.

Include a little reality into Rocks promos and watch Rumble do a million buys. Have this become a program where Rock is going to put this punk in his place. Have Punk play the role of asshole who expected to be handed everything on his arrival, pay no dues, because he is the best, and deserves to be treated like the best.....You know, the way he acted in real life. Have Rock remind him that the only reason he got to where he is today is by sitting at the top of the ramp and throwing a public temper tantrum like a little kid and didn't earn that belt, and The Rock will take that belt because he doesn't deserve it.....if you smelllll......ya'know something around those lines.