WWE RAW 6th August 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

You “NO!” nothing, Daniel Bryan

Oh, how the tables have turned. Only a few months ago, AJ Lee’s mental stability was being called into question by Daniel Bryan, but last week it, was AJ who had Bryan detained by the men in white coats. Later, the former World Heavyweight Champion later seemingly traded his trademark “YES!” for cries of “NO!” condemning the WWE Universe for daring to ape his catchphrase. The WWE Universe tends to have a mind of its own, however. How will they respond to Bryan’s newfound attitude? Also, just exactly what does “anger management therapist” Kane have in mind for the newfound “No!” man?

Del Rio can do as he likes?

Alberto Del Rio made a bold proclamation last week on Raw: following his defeat of U.S. Champion Santino Marella, The Essence of Excellence would refrain from competition until his World Heavyweight Championship Match against Sheamus at SummerSlam, as there wasn’t a foe in WWE that Del Rio considered to be of his caliber. Of course, that didn’t sit well with newly appointed SmackDown General Manager Booker T, who immediately put Del Rio into a match against Randy Orton on Friday night. With SummerSlam fast approaching, though, will Del Rio’s self-imposed moratorium hold under the red brand’s roof? Or does AJ have a plan for The Mexican Aristocrat?

The Viper hunts again

Randy Orton returned last Monday on Raw, cementing himself as the true Legend Killer by decisively defeating his would-be usurper, Heath Slater. Though Orton is technically a SmackDown Superstar, it’s unlike The Apex Predator to stay confined to the blue brand. Will he prowl the halls of Raw once again? And if so, who will be caught in his venomous wrath?

"Prime" opportunity

Fun fact: The Prime Time Players have now defeated Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston & R-Truth in consecutive singles matches on both Raw (where Titus beat Kofi) and SmackDown (where Young conquered Truth). The Players have been backing up their jibber-jabber with several solid performances in the past weeks; has their recent run against the champs earned them the right to challenge for the Tag Titles once again? Or will another aspiring duo step up to claim their spot in the food chain?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Don’t expect CM Punk to stay silent on the matter of his Triple Threat Match at SummerSlam: The stipulation places the champion in an extremely disadvantageous situation. If Punk’s tirade on the stage against AJ (“You’re a BAD GM!”) is any indication, The Voice of the Voiceless doesn’t think his gripes of being disrespected have been heard quite loud enough yet. Expect him to turn up the volume.
Not sure if i'll be watching this live or not, finding the three hours a drag so I might just watch it on an hours delay.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I'll be there live. I'll let you guys know of anything happenend between commercials or something. Apparently its Shawn Michaels appreciation night so who knows what that entails.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The fact that there's been zero advertising about this being Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night makes me believe he just might be involved in something after the show goes off air or something. You'd think they would have advertised him being there.

DashX

Reaction score
I am looking foward to Raw tonight. I am looking foward to CM Punk storyline that is going on. I hope they have a lot less recaps because it felt like half the show was recaps, and I would rather see more matches.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- WWE sent out a breaking news text alert this evening announcing that Shawn Michaels will be appearing live on RAW and that Brock Lesnar will be in the building as will Triple H.
Blue not to announce this stuff in advance given that stature of all three guys. Hopefully Lesnar fucks up HBK, makes him lose his smile and we don't see him again until the next inevitable DX Reunion.

Blizzard

Reaction score
They announced it like crazy a couple weeks back, I didn't even realized they stopped. Maybe they wanted to surprise people, I dunno. But, I'm only looking forward to Bryan, Punk, and Lesnar. 1001 was a bust, I hope tonight's a success.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Looking forward for RAW tonight especially with Bryan storyline and Punk's

TKK

Reaction score
I'll try to drop in from time to time. May not stay up for the whole thing.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I find it funny how CM Punk attacked Big Show but not Cena.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Damn this theme song gets worse and worse with every listen

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt