WWE Raw 4/2/12 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
My god. One of the best Raws of all time. Simply thanks to THE FUCKING CROWD. Where the hell has this been the past 10 years? This might have been the best crowd of all time. Put NYC to shame. Jesus Christ. Rock guaranteeing a WWE Title run, ALBERT returning, BROCK returning and owning Cena. This was epic.

YES, YES, YES.

edit-

[YT]nNhTzUNr9jM[/YT]

Holy fuck best thing ever.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
So what does everyone think? A new chapter in the WWE or just a glimmer of hope that won't be fulfilled?

...god...

Reaction score
That was AWESOME. YES! YES! YES! FUCK YOU VINCE! YES! YES!

Yazman

Reaction score
Holy shit that was amazing. Also I have to agree, the crowd was FUCKING GREAT. I wish it was like that every night.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Omg that show was amazing! It had everything and that crowd was insane! Didnt think Brock would return since he didn't show up at mania, the place went crazy when he came out was freakin' awesome. Can't wait for next week, that show outdone Mania for me lol

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If the E is smart, the People Power Era WILL result in Daniel Bryan being the biggest star in the company. If every crowd can be even half as hot as this one was, then the WWE will have so much better a product on tv.

Raw was just awesome... by far the best we've had in 7+ years... going up against the National Championship game, post-Mania where they've dropped some duds in the past... they hit a fucking homerun.

Rock's vision of being WWE Champion again made it feel so fucking special... the goosebumps... I'm ready to take him at his word. Knock these summer blockbusters out and come back and kick off a 9-month run of whooping ass.

Punk/Jericho was some of the edgiest shit they've shown in a long time and it was a fucking success... this storyline just kicked up a fucking notch... and I can't wait to see how Punk retaliates, or if Jericho stays a step ahead of him.

Tensai is fucking awesome and what a great development of this guy and he can really help solidify the mid-card, plus he's got a manager who looks like he'll pull out all the stops.

BTW, the Henry/Punk match itself was pretty damn dope... Henry doing sidekicks rules!

Henry and Abraham Washington? I can dig it. MANAGERS!!!

Santino is so over, and last night's crowd being as awesome as they were and really popping for him... wow. And Broadus killed Dolph Ziggler, Jesus!

The crowd though, my God. It's already been said... YES! YES! YES! YES! Awesome Daniel Bryan promo, btw. No matter what the intentions were at Mania... they may have just made a mega-power face who acts like a fucking heel. If crowds take note, it'll be damn near impossible to hate this guy anymore... and I'm praying that YES! YES! YES! has taken over WHAT?... Also love the NO! NO! NO! NO! HAHAHA! Daniel Bryan fucking rules!

And then the epicness that is Brock Lesnar. WWE's being told something when they try to sell Cena being the same old guy and seeing it REALLY DOESN'T get him over with the crowd no matter what. He talks about respecting The Rock (well, called him Dwayne the entire time, smh) and they boo him for it. People are sick of Cena. People Power Era? Yeah, they asked for Lesnar and THEY GOT LESNAR! AND HE F-5'ed Cena!!! FUCK YEAH! And mouthed off "I'ma win it ALL this time"...

The greatest thing about this is there was edginess last night that we haven't come close to in a long time in the WWE minus PRE-Mania runs. But now you've got a guy more uncontrollable than CM Punk is supposed to be, and more controversial than Vince/PG would ever ask for... Brock's so over already, he's going to be more over if he's leading the way from here on out. I don't want to buy that either he or Cena are bigger than the WWE Championship... but Christ I'm going to love this feud and damn sure won't settle for seeing either of them with the title during it. Brock NEEDS to be in the title scene at some point tho. He vs. Punk would be awesome.

I pray this is what we can expect from here on out, because that was fucking awesome. People I talked to last night on Twitter saying they actually felt like kids again and were planning on sticking with wrestling again if this is what we can expect... the E BETTER NOT fuck this up.

And fuck it... 5* Raw... absolutely. Only thing that would have made it any better is if King were a fucking heel and JR could sit in Cole's seat and Cole would just fuck off and die. PEOPLE POWER ERA! Stupid fucking name, awesome fucking start!

...god...

Reaction score
[yt]fMBZJtUOi94[/yt]

5:05 onward, greatest moment ever.

noumenon

Reaction score
Undeniably one of the best RAWs in years. As said though, it was the CROWD that made this, they went absolutely ape shit the entire show. Hopefully this is the start of something gigantic for Daniel Bryan, I mean holy shit people latched onto this guy quicker and harder than CM Punk. I think the fans are finally starting to be a little more vocal about who they want to see and what they want to see. If they choose to ignore it then I really don't know what to say anymore about this company.

...god...

Reaction score
George Rodenbaugh sent word that Daniel Bryan's "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant just broke out out at the Miami Heat game.

redmustangpony

Reaction score
HOPEFULY A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME.THEY NEED SOME EXCITMENT ON RAW AGAIN.

soulpower

Reaction score
Punk vs Henry was a WM worthy match... No joke.

And how bout that Daniel Bryan?!? Not bad for a guy who "lacked personality" in the eyes of a lot of people. For at least one night, the man was more over than Cena, Punk, Lesnar and The Rock... think about that for a moment.