WWE RAW 3rd September 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20120827_LIGHT_raw_main_L.jpg

The Best in the World
CM Punk went to extreme lengths to get Jerry Lawler to say that he was the best in the world on RAW last week. In the end they had a match inside a steel cage and Punk continued to assualt King even after the victory until Cena made the save. Punk continues to demand respect yet it still hasn't been forthcoming even though he is now closing in on a 300 day title reign. Will Lawler have something to say about Punk's attack last week? Who will CM Punk target next?

20120827_LIGHT_raw_angermanagement_C.jpg

Anger Management
Due to his apparent anger issues RAW General Manager AJ made Daniel Bryan attend anger management sessions. They started last week but thankfully for Daniel Bryan he didn't have to do it alone as Kane tagged along to the sessions as well. This week they will again attend anger management and will have to present their anger collages. Will both be able to keep their anger under control for another week? Keep an eye out for Scorpio Sky as Harold as well.

20120827_LIGHT_raw_HHHtear_R.jpg

Game Over?
Last week on RAW it was a HHH lovefest and the show was filled with video packages highlighting all that HHH has done in his storied career. HHH then addressed the crowd and couldn't give a clear answer on whether or not he was retiring. When will we see the game next?

Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio and a common enemy
Last year Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio had a long feud based on the fact that Mysterio wears a mask. Cody Rhodes and Mysterio eventually moved on from each other but now Cody is attacking another mask wearing individual in Sin Cara. Could we see a partnership formed by Sin Cara and Mysterio to ward off Cody Rhodes?

Tune in for all this and a lot more on RAW this week. Join in the fun and discuss the show as it happens with other WS members​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I am hoping Sin Cara & Rey team to face Sandow & Rhodes. It would make a good storyline and could progress as something good for the both.

HHH - Do not care for at all to be honest. He won't quit the company at all.

Anger management needs to be the main focus this week if RAW wants to be good, hilarious stuff there.

CM Punk is another interesting one, I believe he'll attack someone backstage and have Cena to cut a promo or something. I want to see promos happening or a tag match for the main event something like Cena/Kane vs. CM/Bryan

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All I'm hoping for is a well thought out show where they space out segments that don't leave people like me wanting to see what else is on.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
MORE HHH retirement conjecture. When will it end?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Mostly looking forward to see what they do with the Punk/Cena feud and how Punk will act with in his hometown.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I'm hoping for is a well thought out show where they space out segments that don't leave people like me wanting to see what else is on.

That's entirely too much to ask for 8D

I'm mainly interested in what they do with Punk in his hometown because he'll surely get a great reaction, and also the Anger Management skits should be hilarious. More Harold! Also hoping for at least a couple decent-good matches because in-ring wise, last week wasn't good at all.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that they cut back on the comedy this week, last week it was just too much and there weren't enough serious wrestling segments. The anger management segments were great but other than that there wasn't really any need for that over the top kid friendly comedy. Last week they also cut the matches too short, I wouldn't mind seeing some longer matches especially from the midcarders. It shouldn't be too much to ask to get some decent length matches in a three hour show. Will be good seeing Punk in his hometown to see what WWE have planned for him.

Lewb

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope they only comedy segments this week are the Anger Management ones. Chances are Lawler won't be on commentary, selling the beating he had last week... which is never a bad thing. Rey and Sin Cara against Kofi and Truth at NOC anyone? Maybe add PTP and Rhodes/Sandow for a fourway elim? That I'd like to see. I'm hopeful this week... because last week was pretty darn dire.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have a feeling that Lawler will show up and cut a promo on Punk to start the show. It would make sense if he was away for a week to sell the injuries but I think that WWE will have him appear.

I would like to see a three of four way tag team match at Night of Champions. They have a few really solid teams and it would be a good way to promote the division again. Adding Rey and Sin Cara to the mix would be really good.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
We've heard from several readers that Paul Heyman was spotted in the Chicago area today, so it looks like he'll be appearing on Raw tonight.

:mark:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
aside from the obvious stuff (Punk/Cena, Anger management, Lawler, and more HHH nonsense) I hope they really devote some time to building for other NOC feuds/matches..... and I really like the idea from above of a Cara/Rey vs. Sandow/Rhodes match-feud-spot-whatever.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I just want the matches to make sense this week.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Anger Management has 3 segments tonight, I hope they are all 10 minutes each.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sweet Raw opens with Lawler recap Im not sure why this is a big deal Why make Cena Punk about Lawler is it really that necessary?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
These video packages are so over dramatic sometimes.