WWE RAW 3rd June 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
That was a pretty enjoyable Raw. I didn't watch all of it, but the bits I wanted to watch were good.

Can Bryan wrestle two matches every Monday night? He was fantastic in both of them last night. His new mean streak is great to watch, and I expect it to be even better when (or if) he turns heel.

I didn't watch the main event but the count out sounded stupid, especially since it was under a No DQ match. I don't think they have a clue what to do with Axel, they just seem to be making stuff up as they go along.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Lately a lot of the Team Hell No and Shield stuff has been developing on SD! around their 6 man matches they've had on Raw so everyone should be watching it if they really want to be caught up.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;dx4JWEC49WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dx4JWEC49WU[/video]

"I'm enjoying quality sausage, and you wanna ask about Bray Wyatt!" :lol:

The Usos are being re-packaged according to a report by F4Wonline.com. The duo who appeared on last night's Raw debuted new face paint and going forward will have a more credible approach for a feud against against WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns of The Shield.

Nice. As I said, I've always took a liking to these guys and they can be seen as credible opponents if used well.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Usos gettin' repackaged? I saw them on Raw and they didn't seem very different. Just giving them face paint doesn't change their personalty, gimmick or you know the most important part their wrestling ability. They got some nice elements though but still they can't have them jump into a feud with Rollins/Reigns out of nowhere they are just not on that level. It would take some work for me to believe they could bring the fight to The Shield like Bryan and Kane have.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Usos gettin' repackaged? I saw them on Raw and they didn't seem very different. Just giving them face paint doesn't change their personalty, gimmick or you know the most important part their wrestling ability. They got some nice elements though but still they can't have them jump into a feud with Rollins/Reigns out of nowhere they are just not on that level. It would take some work for me to believe they could bring the fight to The Shield like Bryan and Kane have.

Not to mention it is a terribly sterotypical WWE gimmick which I can't see getting over.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
In WWE's world, Smackdown is Friday so how did Kofi have surgery on Thursday? :hm:

I guess Ryback beat him into yesterday. :lmao

I just saw Raw a few hours ago (DVR...it just rocks like that). Wasn't Daniel Bryan fucking INCREDIBLE again?! That was the best match of the night without a doubt. And then he carried Skip Ryberg through ANOTHER match. I was actually hoping that BD would go over clean, but then I remembered Skippy is in the middle of a Cena feud:side:. I see a lot of friction in Team Hell No, and a falling out is definitely coming.

You know what would have been aweful? If Curtis Axel got a clean win tonight. Like if someone new and fun to watch would get a massive push right before a pay per view. Fortunately, John Cena was there to kill all of this kid's momentum right in it's tracks. Thank you, John. We'll never hope for new main eventers again.:clap2:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
In WWE's world, Smackdown is Friday so how did Kofi have surgery on Thursday? :hm:
Plenty of times they acknowledge on wwe.com that SmackDown is taped on Tuesdays, just like they did with his injury.

Killz

Reaction score
This Raw got me to thinking. Remember in the Punk DVD where they took the strap off him to add it to the Jericho/Michaels feud? With a months notice? That's a prime example of creative/Vince/whoever saying "hey, this is what's hot, let's just switch up this big deal prop to make it work".

Why can't that happen with superstars? I mean seriously who is more over than Orton and Bryan right now? Check out those reactions! I know Orton wants to go heel but he's one of the few guys that gets a pop that peaks my interest and Bryan is just all over the place. If one of those guys ISN'T the next #1 contender or whatever (after they finish up Hell No's differences) then I'll eat my hat.

On the note of over guys, how UNDER is Sheamus? I feel for Sandow because he needs a really great foil and Sheamus is really falling off right now. Also feel bad for Rhodes, dude can work but is third wheel in a 1 on 1 feud.

Rest of the show was ok, 6 man tag was pretty good, Triple H stuff was boring and quite predictable. Axel stuff might work better if he's given a clean win on Smackdown over someone a bit bigger than Sin Cara. Keep the main event countout trend going so he doesn't take a loss but slowly crank up the level of scalp he takes on Smackdown. Dude has Heyman in his corner, he doesn't need to run through jobbers on the blue show now, he's either going to sink or swim. Give him a Barrett or someone face like a Sheamus to go over.

Payback match better be brutal because neither Cena or Ryback can really act or sell a damn thing. Hope Punk stays away until Payback and does something special on that PPV to upstage the main event program. His pop will be nuts.

EDIT FOR BOOKING IDEA - In the whole Hell No breakdown angle Bryan keeps whooping ass. Goes over Kane at Payback. SHIELD say they don't see him as weak, turn Bryan heel, get the 'no' chant going, there's your main event world title contender for SHIELD? Idea.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I hope after Punk beats Jericho, he berates Heyman for forcing him into the match to begin with, effectively kicking him to the curb, starts doing his own promos again (with an open mic, of course). Maybe a feud with Axel, Lesnar, or both.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Nice. As I said, I've always took a liking to these guys and they can be seen as credible opponents if used well.

It is about time WWE realised that they need to promote more than just two tag teams. Get storylines for the entire division going to make it more interesting and to make people want to watch it. The Usos face paint is very similar to the old Samoan Swat Team, a nod to their father I presume.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't mind the Usos but their is this HUGE gap in the tag division. They need to work more with teams like the Rhodes Scholars like they did on Main Event this past week before they just throw these guys to The Shield.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Overall I really enjoyed Raw this week, but I have to be brutally honest about Curtis Axel now that I've really sat down to watch. He's just really damn boring. I criticized the setup for Axel's push before I'd checked it out and now I don't think his booking is awkward like I thought it would be, but it's still a pretty weak push with all the count-out wins and Heyman doing a lot of his actual mic work. This would be excusable if he were still kind of entertaining to watch or listen to, like Fandango, then I'd at least have a reason to be interested in whatever he does next. But I can't take him seriously.

I think my hunch was correct in that it simply isn't the right kind of push for someone as untested and uncertain as Curtis Axel. WWE are trying to make me take him very seriously, like a threat to Triple H or John Cena seriously, and it's just hard to swallow.

Anyway, Daniel Bryan was on fire. The Usos are getting attention which is good but don't expect it to last, if they actually take off at all. I hope Ryback/Cena ends after Payback so Ryback can fued with someone he doesn't have to "overcome" so they can book him as the monster heel he should be rather than a coward.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Overall I really enjoyed Raw this week, but I have to be brutally honest about Curtis Axel now that I've really sat down to watch. He's just really damn boring. I criticized the setup for Axel's push before I'd checked it out and now I don't think his booking is awkward like I thought it would be, but it's still a pretty weak push with all the count-out wins and Heyman doing a lot of his actual mic work. This would be excusable if he were still kind of entertaining to watch or listen to, like Fandango, then I'd at least have a reason to be interested in whatever he does next. But I can't take him seriously.

I think my hunch was correct in that it simply isn't the right kind of push for someone as untested and uncertain as Curtis Axel. WWE are trying to make me take him very seriously, like a threat to Triple H or John Cena seriously, and it's just hard to swallow.

Anyway, Daniel Bryan was on fire. The Usos are getting attention which is good but don't expect it to last, if they actually take off at all. I hope Ryback/Cena ends after Payback so Ryback can fued with someone he doesn't have to "overcome" so they can book him as the monster heel he should be rather than a coward.
It is literally the Drew McIntyre push all over again.

"Take this guy seriously. No really, fuck what you think. This guy is a main eventer."