WWE RAW 30th April 2012 LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE-RAW-LOGO.png

0-20120429_LARGE_ER_exclusive_cena_R.jpg

John Cena Injured or Leaving?
Either way, John Cena pulled a miracle at Extreme Rules overcoming all odds to defeat Brock Lesnar. With John Cena cutting a short promo after the match, he said he is taking time off. What will be the news on this?

ER12_Photo_150.jpg

Brock Lesnar - Brock Lesnar suffered a defeat under the hands of John Cena, just what is next for Brock Lesnar here?

Lord Tensai - Has been on a winning streak of late, who will his next opponent be?

0-20120429_LT_XR_punk_jericho_post_L.jpg

CM Punk - Defeated Chris Jericho to retain the WWE Championship; with CM beating Jericho, who will CM Punk face?

Jericho - His loss to CM Punk may just as well rule him out of another title shot for the time being, who's next for Jericho?

0-20120430_LT_raw_hhh_pre_L.jpg

What will HHH reveal?
HHH Called John Laurinaitis during Extreme Rules, what does HHH want?

Be sure to join us for RAW this week as it shapes up to be an excellent show. By all reports Extreme Rules was a fantastic PPV and it left a few questions unanswered especially after the mainevent. Discuss the show as it happens with other WS members in this thread.​

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This Raw has got a lot of questions to answer, I'm looking forward to it, I think they could have benefited from this one being the 3 hour show instead of last week, last week's hardly did much else anyway. They've got quite a bit to fit in two hours tomorrow.

PY.

Reaction score
The beginning of the Tensai/Punk feud begins, or possibly Punk vs. Christian.

Triple H calls out Johnny on giving Brock all of those demands he asked for, starting a Triple H/Lesnar feud.

Kharma returns and destroys the Bellas, sending them away from the WWE.

Just some quick predictions.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Christian on RAW would be fucking perfect.

Sheamus is already around the scene with Del Rio & Bryan...

Show/Rhodes will continue as much as Kane/Orton as well.

I feel Lord Tensai isn't ready just yet for a title shot, I'd have him feud with someone like Brodus.

PY.

Reaction score
Ugh. If Show/Rhodes continues, I'll flip. The feud has lasted long enough, and there's really nothing left for it.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ugh. If Show/Rhodes continues, I'll flip. The feud has lasted long enough, and there's really nothing left for it.

Big Show put him through two tables after Rhodes won.

PY.

Reaction score
I know, but what's left for the feud? Cody will probably take the chicken shit heel approach and hopefully say he's done with Show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This should be a huge RAW after what happened at Extreme Rules.

Lesnar lost but he destroyed Cena in the process. Hopefully he will appear on the show tonight to talk about the match and say what he is going to do next.

Cena leaving for a bit is massive and it should give some others a chance to get some more tv time and a good chance to get more over as a face.

Punk/Jericho has to end now after Jericho lost again. Punk vs. Christian or Tensai would both be really good feuds and I don't mind which way they go.

Kharma will hopefully return to destroy the Bella Twins as their farewell from WWE. It will be sad to see them go but it a great way to redebut Kharma. Very happy to see Layla back especially now that she is performing Lucha moves!!!

HHH possibly returning will be big as well. Could he go against Lesnar or will he be addressing Cena leaving?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Punk Jericho ending is just very sad. A great pair of matches really wish their were a way to continue it. Unless they have Jericho being dropped off by Punks sister (gold) no way for it to go forward.

Lesnar I don't know what the hell they'll be doing I mean does he get depressed by this? Mr. Asskicker coming back and losing what the hell is the storyline for Brocck moving forward.

HHH thing I just expect another phone call or just possibly Ace making an announcement and referencing HHH.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not sure how they can continue it after Jericho lost cleanly two PPVs in a row. I am sure that they can come up with some explanation but I would rather them go in a different direction with the title even if both matches were excellent. What can they do next with Jericho? Will he head off for a bit to tour with Fozzy or if he sticks around who can he feud with especially with Cena gone. There aren't too many options on RAW other than maybe Kofi or R-Truth, may be best if he feuds with Orton next.

I hope that HHH actually appears on RAW rather than just having him call again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
A jericho Dolph feud or tag would be pretty good but out of left field.

Lewb

Reaction score
HHH is calling Johnny about the demands he met for Brock by the sounds of it. As far as I saw last week, the demands would have to be met regardless of if he won, they were only made for him to have the match, so technically speaking, it should be Raw: Featuring Brock Lesnar tonight.

I can't see Christian being given a world title feud right now. Spesh the way Punk schooled him the Raw before Mania. Made him look weak, and he just wouldn't be the guy for me. I could see a multi-man title match for the next PPV tbh.

Cena: Obvz not injured. Marine 3 - He's off for two-ish months, probably why Trips is coming back to put another top face on TV.

Glad to see Layla back and as champion, hope Kharma don't come and squash her immediately. Give her a run as champion, would mean when Kharma does squash, t'would actually mean something. Don't let her come do a Ryback.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cena off TV should be the time to build up Dolph (face if necessary loss from BC to help it along maybe). Make Dolph main event again put Miz back in mid card area. Also time to start trimming the fat see ya later Heath Slater.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I also hope that Kharma is kept away from Layla for a bit. As much as I want Kharma as champion let Layla run with the title until at least the next PPV so that she can have her return run with the title. Soon enough Kharma can take the title but as for now she can simple destroy the Bellas and a couple more heels in the coming weeks. Hopefully Layla wrestles on RAW, probably against Nikki to give her a rematch, so that WWE actually promote the new champion.

With Cena gone a new face needs to stand up because other than Punk the next top RAW maineventer is ???? Kofi Kingston? R-Truth? Brodus Clay? This would be the perfect time to be a face midcarder because you have a great chance to move up the ladder if you take the opportunities presented to you. This is Kofi's time to show that he can be a maineventer like he hinted at a couple of years ago when he feuded with Orton. Other than that it may be time for Miz or Ziggler to turn face. HHH returning as a full time wrestler on RAW may be the saving grace but it will only be a stop gap measure.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I say HHH coming back as the top face, I think himself vs Lesnar is likely to happen because other then John Cena and possibly Taker, there's no one bigger then HHH and the fact he has significant power will work in the favour of Lesnar who wants to 'own' the company.

Layla I marked out for winning, I guess Kharma didn't return because of all the rumours on the net and WWE took a rib at it as well. I hope Kharma vs Layla doesn't happen right away, but when/if it does it's a good match rather than squash.