WWE RAW 2nd September 2013 - LIVE Discussion - Sacrificial Goat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Corporate scapegoat
Anyone who complains about his job evaluation got a solid dose of perspective last week when Daniel Bryan’s boss subjected him to a goon-squad beatdown from The Shield and Randy Orton, plus forced all Bryan’s co-workers to stand and watch. And all that’s for a guy Triple H says he likes. In any case, Bryan seems to have firmly set foot on the WWE COO’s bad side (defacing Orton’s whip probably didn’t help), so what will the COO and the No. 1 contender have in store for each other this week?

Justice league
The Shield have been running rampant under the apparent blessing of The King of Kings, while one of their self-appointed enemies, Big Show, has seemingly been neutralized under threat of having his not-so-ironclad contract torn to shreds. Happily, there might be a way for Show to circumnavigate the red tape and get some measure of retribution against The Hounds of Justice: The WWE Tag Title Match he mentioned he and Mark Henry are levying against Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns. Might we see the two titans make a play for the titles this week?

Pipe Bomb(shell) fallout
Well, AJ Lee certainly learned a thing or two from her time on CM Punk’s arm. The “Black Widow†channeled The Straight Edge Superstar’s infamous pipe bomb by verbally obliterating the cast of “Total Divas†last Monday on Raw. To say the least, the Divas weren’t impressed. AJ’s no stranger to making enemies, but this is the first time she’s made so many at once; what lies ahead for her this week?

Where's Bray?
It has been some time since the WWE Universe witnessed Bray Wyatt in action; “The Man of 1,000 Truths†has been content of late to sit in the shadows, delivering platitudes and delving into his horrific origins rather than stepping into the ring himself. When might “The Eater of Worlds†return for another course between the ropes? And whom will he target?

The sins of the father figure
CM Punk got a free go at Paul Heyman last week after defeating Curtis Axel. However, the mad scientist came out swingin’ (if not smiling) when Axel handcuffed the former WWE Champion and allowed his boss to go to town with a Singapore cane. Even though Punk will officially have a chance to repay both men in a Triple Threat Elimination Match at Night of Champions, The Second City Saint is nothing if not impatient when it comes to his desire to beat up Paul Heyman. Smart money dictates that Heyman will take advantage of Punk’s rage and goad him into a trap. The only question is how. Tune into Raw Monday at 8/7 CT on USA to find out!
DISCUSS

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
It's funny, Big Show is upset at how Bryan lost the title at SummerSlam, even though Bryan cashed in on him two years ago under similar enough circumstances and acted like a total dick afterwards. He's also upset at Triple H's corporate politics, yet sided himself with Big Johnny last year. I love wrestling logic.

Good to see them mention the ironclad contract at least, even though it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Still though, it'll be good when he finally explodes and knocks someone out. Despite its flaws they've been building up his frustration quite well.

Rest of the show should be good, although I'm really only interested in the main storyline.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's funny, Big Show is upset at how Bryan lost the title at SummerSlam, even though Bryan cashed in on him two years ago under similar enough circumstances and acted like a total dick afterwards. He's also upset at Triple H's corporate politics, yet sided himself with Big Johnny last year. I love wrestling logic.

Good to see them mention the ironclad contract at least, even though it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Still though, it'll be good when he finally explodes and knocks someone out. Despite its flaws they've been building up his frustration quite well.

Rest of the show should be good, although I'm really only interested in the main storyline.

To be fair, when you've been in the 'E as long as Big Show and went through so many heel/face turns, it's hard to make each run make sense.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah if it were John Cena the logic would come into play what you have to do (if you really want to make sense of it) is separate the heel show and face show and then look at the timeline is Face show consistant is heel show consistant. If the answer is yes then you're ok.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hopefully this feud with Orton ends so I can go back to skipping Daniel Bryan segments.

Also hoping moar RVD vs Del Rio. Like their shit.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
To be fair, when you've been in the 'E as long as Big Show and went through so many heel/face turns, it's hard to make each run make sense.

Yeah I know, I'm not complaining, just fun to poke some holes through their logic.

I've still been enjoying what they've been doing with Big Show so far.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really liking how much emphasis is being put on Big Show in this esp on Smackdown having him at ring side and everything. Storyline is looking great though and looking forward to seeing what they do with it this week. Same with Punk/Heyman though Axel has been funny for all the wrong reasons reminding me why he needed a mouth piece in the first place. Feud has been great though as I'm loving Punk's character right now and Heyman's gold heel work.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just saw the NO on recap really? wow.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
:lmao the Orton graffiti, I feel Bryan will get a one-up tonight on RAW.

Should be interesting.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
HHH & Shield to open up.

Should be good!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What's he doing rotating songs every time he comes out?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm so happy HHH is using the KOK theme, glad it didn't go to waste.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Group is lacking IC and Divas titles lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't know if that a purposely done but funny how reign of terror got used when that was what the IWC used to call Trips 03 run.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2