WWE RAW 2nd July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20120625_LIGHT_raw_HHH_brock_C.jpg

Lesnar responds.
The moment of truth has arrived, and Brock Lesnar’s camp will officially respond to Triple H’s SummerSlam challenge on a Raw SuperShow that’s already bursting with tense situations ready to explode at the slightest provocation. While The King of Kings and the wrecking machine hammer out the fine print (or just hammer each other with their fists), WWE Champion CM Punk and Daniel Bryan will be testing the waters with AJ to determine where her favor might lie as the special guest ref for their WWE Title Match at Money in the Bank. With Teddy Long back in the General Manager’s seat, here are five things to look out for on Raw SuperShow.

20120625_LIGHT_raw_HHH_Heyman_L.jpg

A most dangerous Game
Triple H might not have the best legal strategy in the world, but he certainly knows how to get inside an opponent’s head. Monday, we'll see if The Game’s constant needling at Brock Lesnar’s ego will be enough to take his war with the behemoth out of the courtroom and into the ring at SummerSlam … or if he’ll just get hit with another lawsuit for his troubles after his attack of Paul Heyman two weeks ago. Either way, the true state of this rivalry will begin to take shape Monday night.

A woman scorned?
The fate of CM Punk’s precious WWE Championship might lie in the unpredictable hands of AJ, the special guest referee for The Second City Saint's WWE Title Match against Daniel Bryan at Money in the Bank. With Kane having removed himself from The Geek Goddess’ web and Bryan seemingly attempting to regain AJ's favor, the entire puzzling saga seems to be building to a head. What, if any, motivation does AJ carry leading into the pay-per-view?

Championship credentials
It was mandated last week that the WWE Title Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match will only feature Superstars who have previously hoisted the WWE Championship itself. Thus far, John Cena, Big Show, Chris Jericho and Kane are the only competitors announced for the contest, but we’d be surprised if a former champion or two didn’t rear his head from an unexpected location and throw his hat (so to speak) into the mix.

The Kidd is all right
Tyson Kidd shocked the world by winning his way into the World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match last week on SmackDown. The beloved Superstar doesn’t get much of a chance to show his stuff before the WWE Universe, but with such a high-profile contest coming up, expect the technically-skilled dynamo to push for more and more competition as Money in the Bank draws nearer.

And the Heath goes on
Heath Slater keeps chugging along, despite suffering beatdowns at the hands of returning legends like Vader and Sid and being smashed over the head with a gold record by Cyndi Lauper. As Raw 1,000 marches nearer, there’ll likely be more legends for Slater to challenge. Who will return from retirement to take a crack at The One Man Band?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Looking forward to Kidd and Slater the most. That's not even a joke.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Just read DDP's been teasing appearing on Raw tonight on his twitter account. So one would assume he'd be the blast from the past, if so I hope he comes out to his WCW theme and not the WWE one (the chances are slim but i'd mark).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Interim Raw General Manager Theodore Long has announced via WWE.com a tag team match pitting Money in the Bank opponents for tonight’s Raw SuperShow as WWE Champion CM Punk and John Cena will face Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan.
That should be a hell of a main event.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That aint bad hope they get some time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Talk about legends overkill, well you can't call Sid a legend but ou get my point. Might watch some of this tonight the AJ/Bryan/Punk and Lesner/HHH stories sound the most interesting. Can't see this Slater deal going anywhere.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could see it leading to him getting fired. That's a plus.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I've actually been entertained by Slater lately... just to see him get beat up. Hopefully it'll be a good legend and not someone like Slaughter, Steamboat, or anything but like late 90s, attitude era.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've actually been entertained by Slater lately... just to see him get beat up. Hopefully it'll be a good legend and not someone like Slaughter, Steamboat, or anything but like late 90s, attitude era.

Prince Albert returns 8D

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I still wanna see Batista, Edge, and Goldberg. Long shot in Goldberg. But Edge I wouldn't want to see him have an actual match with Slater. Just a spear is fine.

I like the AJ story, so lets see how they progress it.

Looks like Cena and Jericho are starting another mini feud.

Couldn't care less about Brock and Triple H. I hardly pay attention during those segments.

If Kidd gets a segment it will be pretty awesome.

And I expect something from Ziggler/Swagger.

Oh, and dear god, please make Miz return tonight. He is greatly needed.

PY.

Reaction score
Really hope tonight's Legend is someone like Scott Steiner. Someone we haven't seen before for awhile. The E's been doing a pretty good job with these returns though.

Don't really care for tag match main events, but this one could be damn good.

Looking forward to Slater.. Weird

Mysterio/Miz both need to return tonight because I don't care for the four person MITB.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Looking forward to Slater for some reason lmao. Looks like it has potential but there is more superstars needed in Raw mitb match, hopefully Rey & Miz return.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It turns out I am the only one who is not looking forward to see Slater tonight.

Oh, could anyone send me a stream when it begins?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
VIPBOX is a good choice Chriss.

I won't be online for RAW. Will watch it later and then post my thoughts or maybe watch it tomorrow.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
How can you not want to see what Heath Raper is up to this week?