WWE RAW 29th August 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
But HHH only just returned as the COO. I don't want to see him regularly wrestling since he is the authority figure for all of WWE.

Who said HHH will return regularly? Most likely it will be a one-off deal until the feud is over.

Works for me.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I prefer this than the last few months WWE though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
You're looking into it too much Troy. IMO having HHH vs Punk opens many more opportunities for The Kliq, Steph and if I an led to be correct Indy guys to get involved.

Agreed. This could lead to Nash and HHH wrestling with CM Punk bringing either Kings of Wrestling or Colt Cabana with him. Either way, it can end up to something, don't forget Hell in a Cell is after NOC.

CM vs HHH in that to end the feud and end CM vs. WWE works strongly here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree with Troy HHH in the ring too soon. It'll be bad and it'll have a stupid twist. Also helps nobody because HHH will look weak or punks huge push is just dead...again. (again cause wtf he's just given up on the title)

This match was always going to happen but I expected it to occur at the end of the year or possibly even at the Royal Rumble. This is a huge match and now they just quietly added it to the PPV. They really need to hype it a lot more and explain why this decision was made. They did a terrible job of announcing it and I hope that isn't a hint of what is to come. I don't see how either guy can come out of this looking strong. If Punk wins then the owner looks weak. If HHH wins, even with the help of Nash, Punk looks weak.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Only works if HHH learns that Steph duped him or that Punk sent Nash the text. Originally Nash said on twitter he wanted to back punk.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Maybe Nash isnt fit enough to wrestle yet?

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Dolph Ziggler impressed me tonight

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Stars of the night for me:

1. CM Punk
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. The Miz

what are yours?

1. Dolph Ziggler - Really impressed me in his match tonight
2. CM Punk - Some good promo segments, match wasn't the best but he was able to fight off both Truth and Miz
3. Sin Cara - The best entrance I have seen from any Sin Cara and no mistakes during the match :p

Who said HHH will return regularly? Most likely it will be a one-off deal until the feud is over.

Works for me.

It will most likely be a one-off deal but why book it so soon. This could be a massive match with the right build and WWE are giving it away already.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Agreed. This could lead to Nash and HHH wrestling with CM Punk bringing either Kings of Wrestling or Colt Cabana with him. Either way, it can end up to something, don't forget Hell in a Cell is after NOC.

CM vs HHH in that to end the feud and end CM vs. WWE works strongly here.

Colt Cabana is signed to Wrestling Revolution so he can't join WWE in the near future.

I wouldn't mind a stable vs stable war but I just wonder who will be siding with HHH and Steph? They need some actual wrestlers other than Nash and HHH.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Overall I think this was a pretty weak Raw to many promos and not enough story advancement for the most part. I think having it as a "supershow" hurt everyone but Ziggler and Sheamus. Go back to the split having multiple titles available on RAW is stupid. If you want to continue this you have to have a third show where it's exclusive to the original raw roster.- but I think that would fail.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Colt Cabana is signed to Wrestling Revolution so he can't join WWE in the near future.

I wouldn't mind a stable vs stable war but I just wonder who will be siding with HHH and Steph? They need some actual wrestlers other than Nash and HHH.

Perhaps Miz and R Truth?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only works if HHH learns that Steph duped him or that Punk sent Nash the text. Originally Nash said on twitter he wanted to back punk.

I am so confused with everything I don't know where WWE are going with this. Will they even announce who sent the text? Punk sending Nash the text would confuse the hell out of me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Overall I think this was a pretty weak Raw to many promos and not enough story advancement for the most part. I think having it as a "supershow" hurt everyone but Ziggler and Sheamus. Go back to the split having multiple titles available on RAW is stupid. If you want to continue this you have to have a third show where it's exclusive to the original raw roster.- but I think that would fail.

It wasn't a well scripted show as everything seemed to be thrown together at random. It was poorly directed and there were so many production mistakes. The storyline developments don't make much sense to me either. Hopefully next week they can clear up a few things.

Perhaps Miz and R Truth?

But those two have been complaining that HHH has been ignoring them since HHH took over as COO so I can't see it being them. Maybe Del Rio and then Ziggler/Swagger with Vickie will join them?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I am so confused with everything I don't know where WWE are going with this. Will they even announce who sent the text? Punk sending Nash the text would confuse the hell out of me.

Nash is a rebel always has been NWO, The Kliq it'd fit with Nash and CM just decided to take him up on the offer. I think it's the best possible route at the moment and the least plausible.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
It wasn't a well scripted show as everything seemed to be thrown together at random. It was poorly directed and there were so many production mistakes. The storyline developments don't make much sense to me either. Hopefully next week they can clear up a few things.

But those two have been complaining that HHH has been ignoring them since HHH took over as COO so I can't see it being them. Maybe Del Rio and then Ziggler/Swagger with Vickie will join them?

Yeah, but if they side with HHH, they'll be noticed more and they did attack Punk before.