WWE RAW 28th January 2013 - Rumble Fallout LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
SPOILERS: Obviously since this is the Rumble fallout show results from the Rumble will be mentioned here

300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20130127_LARGE_RR_v_rock_L.jpg

Finally The Rock is WWE Champion
Yes it happened, The Rock managed to defeat CM Punk to win the WWE Championship. Earlier on in the match The Shield attacked The Rock under the cover of darkness and put him through the announce table. Punk got the pin for the victory but Vince came out and was about to strip CM Punk of the title, as per the stipulations for the match, but The Rock stepped in and asked for a restart instead. The Rock got his wish and managed to pull off the massive victory. What are your thoughts on The Rock winning the title? Does he defend the title inside the Elimination Chamber? Where next for Punk? Will Rock bring out that new title design that has been sitting out back for months?

20130127_EP_LIGHT_RR_cena_vs_L.jpg

Cena is going to WM
John Cena managed to join the history books by becoming only the fourth wrestler (after Hogan, HBK and Stone Cold) to be a multiple winner of the Rumble. He last eliminated Ryback to book his place in the WM mainevent. Does this set up Rock vs. Cena II or will there be another twist in the making for the WM mainevent?

20130121_LIGHT_raw_roulette_L.jpg

Raw Roulette Returns
Tonight RAW Roulette is back as RAW is back in Las Vegas. Will there be any surprises and what kind of matches do you think will be booked for the night?

20130127_EP_LARGE_RR_jericho_L.jpg

Rumble is Jericho!
Chris Jericho was a surprise entrant in the Rumble last night entering in the number two spot. He received a huge pop from the crowd and he put in a very good performance in the match. Will we see Jericho tonight on RAW? Is a feud with Ziggler in the works for Mania?

20130121_LIGHT_raw_shieldattack_L.jpg

Punishment for The Shield?
The Shield interferred in the WWE Championship match even though they were barred from getting involved. What action will Vince take on these three rebels? Will they be given a chance to win spots on the roster? Who will they feud with in the coming months?

Elimination Chamber
The Elimination Chamber PPV is only three weeks away so expect to see some participants announced for the two Chamber matches. Who do you think will enter the Chamber and will both titles be on the line or will there be a chamber match to determine a number one contender?

Tune in for all that and more on WWE RAW this week. Join in the fun and discuss the show as it happens with other WS members.​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So we get another live performance review, had quite a few of them in recent years. Isn't Heyman just Punk's manager anyway so Vince wouldn't be able to do anything to him.

I am looking forward to seeing where all this leads after the Rumble. The Rock winning was great but now I want to see what they are going to do for the Chamber and for Mania. Rock vs. Cena II doesn't interest me as much as it did last year and I would rather it be a triple threat with Punk involved. Hopefully The Rock will be wrestling again inside the Chamber.

What happens to The Shield after another attack should be interesting. Surely they get given some stipulation where they can earn contracts if they stop the attacks or something like that.

Really hope we see Jericho on RAW again, hope it wasn't just a once off.

RAW Roulette was fantastic when it started but the last couple have been disappointing. I don't want to see a dance off or a singing competition tomorrow.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Raw Roulette isn't my favorite Raw show ever, and with the show being 3 hours now, it'll probably suck.

Heyman/Vince is going to be interesting.

Just like what happens to The Shield next is going to be interesting. They left Ryback alone at the Rumble, so i'd say that's done and dusted and we'll perhaps see them feuding with someone else on Raw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah it has been more miss than hit in recent times, it has a lot of potential though.

Jericho and Ziggler feuding and then wrestling at Mania would be a fantastic way to use both guys, especially if Ziggler goes over.

The composition of the Chamber matches intrigue me as well. I am going to assume that both will be title matches rather than a number one contender match thrown in. For the WWE title Chamber match I will take a stab at it and guess that it will be The Rock, John Cena, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback. For the World title Chamber match Del Rio, Big Show, Sheamus, Orton, Cesaro and a returning Christian.

Aniking

Reaction score
Jericho being involved in a feud is interesting with how it'll be booked around his touring schedule with Fozzy. I don't know where or when else they're playing other than Soundwave here in Australia. It goes from the 23rd of February to the 4th of March, but the specific dates are the 23rd, 24th, 1st, 2nd & 4th.

Btw, this is for anybody who's at all curious:

1. Dolph Ziggler - 4TH! (Eliminated 27th by Sheamus)
2. Chris Jericho - 6TH! (Eliminated 25th by Dolph Ziggler)
3. Cody Rhodes - Eliminated 12th by John Cena
4. Kofi Kingston - Eliminated 9th by Cody Rhodes
5. Santino Marella - Eliminated 1st by Cody Rhodes
6. Drew McIntyre - Eliminated 2nd by Chris Jericho
7. Titus O'Neil - Eliminated 3rd by Sheamus
8. Goldust - Eliminated 5th by Cody Rhodes
9. David Otunga - Eliminated 4th by Sheamus
10. Heath Slater - Eliminated 11th by John Cena
11. Sheamus - 3RD! (Eliminated 28th by Ryback)
12. Tensai - Eliminated 7th by Kofi Kingston
13. Brodus Clay - Eliminated 6th by Multiple
14. Rey Mysterio - Eliminated 13th by Wade Barrett
15. Darren Young - Eliminated 8th by Kofi Kingston
16. Bo Dallas - Eliminated 21st by Wade Barrett
17. The Godfather - Eliminated 10th by Dolph Ziggler
18. Wade Barrett - Eliminated 20th by Bo Dallas
19. John Cena - 2013 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER!
20. Damien Sandow - Eliminated 22nd by Ryback
21. Daniel Bryan - Eliminated 16th by Antonio Cesaro/Kane
22. Antonio Cesaro - Eliminated 18th by John Cena
23. The Great Khali - Eliminated 14th by Kane
24. Kane - Eliminated 15th by Daniel Bryan
25. Zack Ryder - Eliminated 17th by ???
26. Randy Orton - 5TH! (Eliminated 26th by Ryback)
27. Jinder Mahal - Eliminated 19th by Sheamus
28. The Miz - Eliminated 24th by Ryback
29. Sin Cara - Eliminated 23rd by Ryback
30. Ryback - RUNNER UP!

Eliminations
5 - Ryback
4 - John Cena, Sheamus
3 - Cody Rhodes
2 - Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett
1 - Antonio Cesaro, Bo Dallas, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Kane​

I missed who eliminated Ryder, plus the multiple superstars that eliminated Brodus. On a side note, the Rumble was the first WWE related thing I've watched since like September.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Elimination Chamber is on the 17th so Jericho can appear then and on the next RAW before flying out to Australia for the Fozzy tour before returning two weeks later. As long as he is around for the month before WM it should be alright.

Nice work Ak on the list, I am not surprised that Ryback finished with the most eliminations. I can't remember who eliminated Ryder, might have been Barrett, I just remember Ryder smashing his face on the mat when he was thrown out.

One other thing I want to see the next stage of development for is Bo Dallas. He debuted in the Rumble, lasted over ten minutes and managed to eliminate Wade Barrett. Barrett then helped eliminate Bo before attacking him ringside. Is there something planned for those two? Whatever happens it was an impressive debut by him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Looking forward to RAW, I'm a fan of RAW Roulette, I feel this time it will be better.

Reaction score
Randy Orton eliminated Zack Ryder so that would make his total number of eliminations up to...just one!

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
What a shitty build for the Road to Wrestlemania.

Is Bob Barker or Drew Carey hosting the inevitable Santino/Hornswoggle/Teddy Long/Khali "comedy" segments?

Pass.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
RAW Roulette hasn't been that good the last few times they've done it so my expectations aren't high but let's hope they can change that especially considering it's a big RAW.

But yeah, should be a good RAW with the aftermath of Rock winning the title. Rock will prob open the show from the get go and cut a promo about last night. Hope he debuts a new title tonight or sometime in the near future. Also wonder if Punk will invoke his rematch clause tonight? High chances as he hasn't really got a PPV to invoke it at anytime in the near future seeing as you got the 6 man chamber coming up. Unless he turns the WM29 match into a triple threat between Rock, Cena and himself if possible. Or does a rematch clause have to be used within 30 days? Idk. But I could really see it happening. Really unpredictable what will happen on RAW tonight.. Especially with The Shield as well.

With the whole Heyman/Vince thing. Does anyone see Brock Lesnar returning? Vince calls out Heyman, segment is going on and out comes Brock for some reason who threatens/or takes out Vince (I'm fine with either way), then out comes Hunter defending his father in law setting up the rematch between the two at WM29.

Anyway I'm sure a lot of people will tune in and there will be a ratings boost. I'll be watching as usual. Prob won't post, also as usual.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Thank god I can actually watch Raw now without having to skip all Punk's crap.

#teambringit

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah wasn't aware that when you lose the title you all of a sudden disappear.