WWE RAW 26th August 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
A lot more humiliating for them to be right there and afraid to do shit.

Feel like it'd show that they want to do something a little better I mean other than big show nobody else sold it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Raw has always been at its best with heel groups and crooked bosses. Evolution, DX, McMahon Helmsley, Vince, Corporation, Eric, the alliance. SD should be the face wins and happy to lucky show

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Feel like it'd show that they want to do something a little better I mean other than big show nobody else sold it.
Only other one who even had a look on their face of distress was Miz and Titus when the camera showed them. I thought they should have showed more of Christian. That or maybe a split cam with a little box focusing on the stage

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The Bella Twins reacted to AJ Lee's promo from Monday's Raw, writing on Twitter, "AJ remember you would be nothing if WWE didn't partner you up with every top guy. Try being a diva that makes it on your own. #RAW"

Former WWE Diva Maria also commented, "@nicoleandbri really on your own? You 2 are the 'fluffers' of the locker room. And you held back 3 other girls from getting contracts. learn a little bit about professionalism. The universe will take care of you. God Bless."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Corpolution facgime pulled the rosters ho cards. Didn't realize Big Shows ironclad contract expired.

Kofi tweets about Randy bringing vehicles to work brought the lulz.

Good Raw, shows been on quite the roll.....how are they going to fuck it up? Daniel Bryan doesn't need a savior, gots to do this on his own. Would totally take his heat away and give it to somebody else.

Nextweek Bryan needs to close the show standing tall, either get Orton tapping or take out a Shield member.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The Bella Twins reacted to AJ Lee's promo from Monday's Raw, writing on Twitter, "AJ remember you would be nothing if WWE didn't partner you up with every top guy. Try being a diva that makes it on your own. #RAW"

Former WWE Diva Maria also commented, "@nicoleandbri really on your own? You 2 are the 'fluffers' of the locker room. And you held back 3 other girls from getting contracts. learn a little bit about professionalism. The universe will take care of you. God Bless."
The irony in the bella tweet is so strong it is hilarious.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what its worth Foley spoke on the Bellas behalf

It’s been a memorable Raw; an intense and disturbing physical encounter between Paul Heyman and CM Punk, a tremendous match-up between Christian and Randy Orton..and the looming danger to Orton’s new Escalade (which, as of this writing, is still unscathed.) So why is it that I’m writing this post about the Divas division, feeling as if if I need to intervene and stick up for Bri and Nikki Bella – two young ladies who seem more than capable of sticking up for themselves?

First, before I speak up for the Bellas, how about I acknowledge that AJ Lee delivered one of the finest promos – male or female – that I’ve seen on Raw in quite a while. That’s really saying something, considering that Paul Heyman and CM Punk have been doing some of their finest mic work on the show on a regular basis, and that Daniel Bryan has been (wait, the Escalade just got spray-painted) an absolute joy to watch, as he finds new depth in his persona on an almost weekly basis.

Yes, that was an amazing promo by AJ – primarily because she believed every word of it to be true..or at least it seemed that way to this 28 year wrestling veteran. After all, going back to the lessons I learned from Michael PS Hayes, a heel is always at their most believable and frightening and believable when they absolutely believe in their own words and actions. AJ’s words were convincing and seem to be the ones being embraced by the WWE Universe. I know many people look at Bri and Nikki and see two beautiful women who have been given their spot in the company due to their beauty and choice in boyfriends.

That’s not what I see when I look at Bri and Nikki. I see two strong, proud women who walked away from WWE in April 2012 following a legitimate business disagreement with the company. Bri and Nikki wanted to have more say in what they could and could not do outside of WWE. The company disagreed. I know that feeling. I’ve been there. The Bellas took a stand and walked away. I know that feeling too. But they didn’t do it the Mick Foley way – whining and complaining, and (ask Layla about this sometime) even yelling a little bit. They did it the right way. They took a stand, did everything they were asked to do, and left with their heads held high; earning a heightened respect from everyone they dealt with on their way out.

And when they returned, they came back with a piece of the puzzle that had been missing from the Divas division. They returned with “Total Divas” – the vehicle the entire Divas division has driven to new heights of acceptance and mainstream recognition. I’ve often wondered why AJ wasn’t part of the show. Obviously, she’s a unique character and an an extremely talented wrestler. I would have really enjoyed the opportunity to see her outside the ring – to see how much AJ the performer and AJ the character had in common. I could completely understand any hard feelings she might harbor against the Bellas in that regard. But the idea that the Bellas haven’t worked for everything they’ve received is just plain wrong from this Hall of Famer’s perspective.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Boss promo from AJ. The other divas, particularly the Bellas and Ronald McDonald, needed to shut the fuck up there. They had me cringing, felt like they were genuinely trying to trample it.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Total Divas is just Dumb TV. Useless. Good job AJ

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Christian/Orton and Bryan/Rollins were very nice so it was a good Raw for me. Punk/Axel/Heyman stuff was cool too but I didn't like how easily it looked for Punk to beat Axel. No wonder they made their next match a handicap match. UGH.

I didn't mind AJ's promo either. I think Bryan, Orton and Triple H all had better segments than this but the division actually felt important for a minute. Now can they capitalize on this and have Nattie run all over these kids.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Big Show is a pussy, the WWE needs a real hero

TEFLON TAZ.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Promo of the year from AJ! Seriously, that was really good and totally unexpected. Watching the Bella's shout high school insults at her while she destroyed them on the mic was pretty great.

I thought it was a good Raw overall. I like the idea of no one being able to help Bryan out due to a risk of being fired. It'll make Bryan look good as the lone underdog for a while (depending on if anyone does decide to help him) and Triple H as the asshole boss who's laying down his authority.

Reaction score
Eh, AJ's promo showed how big of a gap there is between the divas in terms of quality... Nattie can at least wrestle though but the whole angle was horrible to watch because of the Bellas and the rest of the Total Divas living up to AJ's words.

Sad thing is, AJ's theme and the way she skipped around acting all girly girly kinda negated some of what she said imo, didn't fit the promo she cut :/.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I may be the only one but I've always thought it was symbolic of her running circles around someones mind when she does the skipping thing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Really hope we get. Show Ziggler Bryan Miz(only cause he seemd implied already) and another vs. Shield Orton (either HHH or yet to be named) for Survivor Series.