WWE RAW 25th February 2013 - Cena/Punk + Vince/Heyman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I like Cork..when he's talking about MMA. Wrestling not so much, with ridiculous quotes like he'll be teaming with Kofi. Punk is a main eventer until he retires, you know that so stop dreaming.

Obviously people are going too far. Ignore Grimlock, one of the biggest trolls on past websites.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
C'MON people keep it on the topic about Raw not which user is a troll cause they have different opinions

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Somebody is just butthurt that their favourite vanilla midget is gonna be just another number on Taker's win streak.

Punk will be back tagging with Kofi by the summer anyway. Best in the world!!1!

You mean Undertaker is having a Wrestlemania wasted with CM Punk. People who aren't sheep should be the one's PO'd that Taker is being wasted on Punk!!!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
You mean Undertaker is having a Wrestlemania wasted with CM Punk. People who aren't sheep should be the one's PO'd that Taker is being wasted on Punk!!!

Cena is taken, Rock is taken, Triple H is taken, and Lesnar is taken. Assuming that Undertaker wrestlers this year, who would you like to see him face. Punk is next in the chain of star powered challengers.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Cena is taken, Rock is taken, Triple H is taken, and Lesnar is taken. Assuming that Undertaker wrestlers this year, who would you like to see him face. Punk is next in the chain of star powered challengers.

Honestly, I was hoping it'd be Lesnar - Banking on Vince McMahon pulling the old school get up of him punishing his 'opponent' by sicking the Undertaker on them.

Punk isn't even star-power, typically Punk loses ratings... I rather not have Taker wrestle and save him for Cena next year but if I had to go for someone, Henry makes a nice choice especially since he's improved... HELL, RANDY ORTON OR SHEAMUS, THEY AIN'T BOOKED.

I'm sure Orton and Sheamus carry WAY more than CM Punk and probably can work a far better match with Taker.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Honestly, I was hoping it'd be Lesnar - Banking on Vince McMahon pulling the old school get up of him punishing his 'opponent' by sicking the Undertaker on them.

Punk isn't even star-power, typically Punk loses ratings... I rather not have Taker wrestle and save him for Cena next year but if I had to go for someone, Henry makes a nice choice especially since he's improved... HELL, RANDY ORTON OR SHEAMUS, THEY AIN'T BOOKED.

I'm sure Orton and Sheamus carry WAY more than CM Punk and probably can work a far better match with Taker.

If Orton still was relevant, and had some credibility to him, I wouldn't mind that match/feud as I think they do great work together, and would be a good revisiting of an epic feud. But Orton has suffered one of the biggest falls from grace that I have ever seen in wrestling. It wouldn't be hard to book Orton as a threat again, but right now, people like Sandow, Cesaro, and Barrett hold more credibility and name then Orton does.

A Sheamus/Taker feud would feel too rushed, and forced. They don't click for me.

Henry vs. current Taker would stink the place up. Taker needs someone that can help him put on a good match, and I don't think Henry can help him enough.

Punk is the only logical choice. You can gripe all you want about him, he's the second biggest name in the WWE right now, behind Cena, Rock not included. You can't blame ratings falling on one man. You have to blame everyone, and the company itself. One man can not possibly be responsibly for a lack of ratings in a 3 hour show. The blame is equally spread.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
- Vince McMahon reportedly "blew a gasket" backstage at RAW last night during the CM Punk vs. John Cena main event. Word is that Vince got upset when Punk hit Cena with a piledriver, which is a banned move when done the way Punk did it. Vince was upset with Cena and Punk but because it was them, there will likely be no serious punishment.

Source: F4Wonline.com

:HHH2:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I really enjoyed that Raw.

I loved the way we were treated to a Triple H/Lesnar confrontation just a few minutes into the show. The fight was great to watch, and the blood running down Lesnar's face made the whole segment look that much more intense. I wasn't a fan of seeing Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar again, but if it's going to be like this for then I really on't mind.

The main event was awesome, simple as that. I could watch Punk and Cena wrestle every week, because they have such good chemistry together. The sequences, reversals and nearfalls were all excellent, and the Dallas crowd made it all look that much better. Not that happy about the result, but if they want to go with it just being Rock and Cena in that main event at WrestleMania then so be it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Punk proved on Raw he can have good matches when carried by the right guy, so let Cesaro carry him to a decent match on the pre-show.

That way he wont turn people away from buying, and he is a decent midcarder to challenge for the US belt. The smarks will cream at their ROH vanilla heroes being in the dark match on Youtube.

He isn't a big enough star to make the main card, he singlehandedly bankrupted THQ because nobody bought the video game he was poster boy for.

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Punk proved on Raw he can have good matches when carried by the right guy, so let Cesaro carry him to a decent match on the pre-show.

That way he wont turn people away from buying, and he is a decent midcarder to challenge for the US belt. The smarks will cream at their ROH vanilla heroes being in the dark match on Youtube.

He isn't a big enough star to make the main card, he singlehandedly bankrupted THQ because nobody bought the video game he was poster boy for.

I never thought of it that way :lmao

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I never thought of it that way :lmao

During an interview with his friend Colt Cabana on the "Art of Wrestling" podcast released on October 24, 2012, CM Punk revealed that he was not WWE's choice to be on the cover of WWE '13 and that THQ had chosen him in spite of WWE's objection. CM Punk described the situation as follows (transcribed from podcast):

"The company [WWE] still has the guys that they want in the limelight that they want to kind of shove down people's throats. And I've obviously come to terms with the fact that I will never be that guy…They just kept throwing, you know, a certain somebody at them [THQ]. No, no, this is the guy that we want. Not Punk…not Punk."

Paul Heyman, who was involved in the development of the game, corroborated CM Punk's account in an interview with New York Post:

"I’ve known since day one WWE does not consider CM Punk to be the poster boy for this company so this decision was made by THQ against WWE’s wishes to put CM Punk on the cover."

THQ went out of business later.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

Don't forget he lacks the pull power in the back for those ice creams he sorely promised.

And the fact all the PPVs aside from the one with Cena which he headlined on all drew less than 200k... So the talk of him having Star-power is frickin' hilarious.

Totally not even worth Cesaro time, hell, let's have him go to NXT to work with the other Vanilla midgets. Even TNA didn't think CM Punk was worth something :punk:

Last edited:

omg kevin nash wtf

Reaction score
Brock/Hunter was painstakingly predictable. The only thing in my mind that can save this boring feud is violence like we saw in their little tiff.

I was thinking the two UK big men going for the IC title at WM would be a really cool match actually, and that's saying a lot considering my feelings for Sheamus. I suppose that segment with Wade was solely to promote that terrible looking movie.

The Shield come out looking for someone they new? Someone they haven't defeated.. and Sheamus comes out... The guy they beat 2 nights in a row last week.. great. It looks like another Six man tag at WM featuring Sheamus instead of the good and new match that we've never seen before..

I really loved Punk vs. Cena, sure I am a Punk mark but it was a fantastic back and fourth match. I think we all knew Cena was coming out on top but every time CM Punk kicked out it gave me that little bit of hope. I wish this match had a better finish rather than a second F-U but a good match regardless.

I still can't believe WWE hasen't done a long feud with these 2.. they had a 2 PPV feud in 2011... a match at NOC, RAW 100 and a triple threat at SS... Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we see an awesome Cena/Orton feud go for 5 months in 2008(?) Should these two not be in the title picture next year/if Rock vs. Brock does take place at WMXXX. I pray that we see an extended feud ending at WM, in a "Last ever" match. HBK and HHH had one in 2005 only to have fans vote for HBK to face HHH at cyber sunday 2 months later...........anyway a little ramble at the end, but a good RAW. These shows are getting real good and I'm actually looking forward to next week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

When I saw it I thought it was odd as only Undertaker and Kane get to use it these days. Should just give them the old $5k fine that they gave to HHH and Taker for the chairshot.