WWE RAW 24th September 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Prime Time Payback

raw1008_ptp_apprev.jpg

The Prime Time Players didn’t exactly mince words last week on Raw when they laid out Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara, took hold of the microphone, and declared they would never have championship opportunities “taken†from them ever again. From then on, the Players vowed, they would take what they want. This, needless to say, is an ominous sign for a tag team division that is suddenly motivated doubly to take the Tag Titles from the odd-couple duo that came out of nowhere to claim them. How will The Prime Time Players put their plan into motion? And speaking of which …

Friends 4-Ever

OK, so Kane and Daniel Bryan can’t quite seem to stop costing each other singles matches. But anger management must be working, because the two were in perfect sync last Friday on SmackDown when they made beautiful music with a pair of steel chairs to end out the show. And they group-hugged Edge. (WATCH) We’d talk about how they plan to go about keeping their Tag Team Championships safe from the likes of The Prime Time Players and Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara, but in complete honesty? We just want to see what they do next.

Feed him more ... couches

So, Ryback threw a couch last week. A COUCH. And while frankly we could spend the next week happily watching him haul heavy furniture with the greatest of ease, we’re relatively sure the intended recipient of the leathery projectile — Intercontinental Champion The Miz — won’t be too happy about it. Remember, Ryback interrupted the debut of “Miz TV†before he went all Arnold Strongman Classic on the furniture. Miz hates being upstaged, and we’re pretty sure he’ll have words for the big man come Monday.

Who's next for Punk?

The WWE Universe likely expected to see another row between Punk and John Cena at some point this week, but following Cena’s orthoscopic surgery Tuesday to remove bone chips from his elbow, it’s unlikely the Cenation leader will be mixing it up in the ring anytime soon. And although Cena made it clear that he will be at Raw this week, it’s looking like The Second City Saint will have to find himself another opponent for the evening. Which brings us to …

Official's statement

Hoo boy, is CM Punk gonna be mad on Monday. Superstars, Hall of Famers and officials alike haven’t been able to escape the wide-cast net of rage from Punk or his manager/buddy/mouthpiece/who-knows-we’re-still-not-entirely-sure-what Paul Heyman. The mad scientist of Extreme also isn’t above parading out one of the zebras for some magnanimous gloating over a decision that favored Punk (see: Patton, Chad). We’re pretty sure the poor sap from last week who counted Punk to the mat is gonna have some hell to pay when he’s in the ring with the WWE Champion. See you guys at 8/7 CT for all the mayhem.
DISCUSS.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Piss Time Playaz don't deserve a spot in the five-point preview.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm actually interested to see what PTP has in store for us tomorrow. I wasn't a huge fan of theirs, and once I watched a full match with O'Neil in it, I just down right hated them. It was interesting to see them take out Mysterio and Cara.

I hope Team Friendship has another type of therapy also, God, the ending to Smackdown was just amazing, and I can't wait to see what they do on Raw.

It would be foolish not to have Miz talk about what Ryback did last week. To be honest, I find Miz cuts the best promos with that sort of material. More work on Miz/Ryback pl0x!

I don't know what they're doing with Cena right now, I may have fallen asleep during his promo last week or something.

But I want to see more of CM Punk and the ref, I'm enjoying that from what I have read.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cena's current issues should make what the attempt to do interesting.

Ryback was apparently cut in a match not sure if that'll play.

CM Punk should still have the most interesting storyline. The Ref angle but damn hopefully we get some answers about his plans with Heyman.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
i love how Team Friendship was basically the whole show on Smackdown. I don't expect that to happen on Raw, but I really do hope they get a lot of TV time, and where's Harold!?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking forward to the progression of the tag team division tonight. It took over Smackdown last week so hopefully we get to see plenty more tag team segments on RAW tonight. Would be good if they announced some opponents for Team Friendship for the HIAC PPV.

Cena will get some promo time tonight to discuss his injury and hopefully he keeps things serious.

Punk/Heyman storyline keeps getting better but it would be good to find out some more details about the partnership. Punk's DVD comes out soon so maybe we can get a segment where Punk and Heyman plug that for five minutes.

pwinsider said:
Jim Ross just announced on his Twitter Machine that he will be sitting next to Michael Cole tomorrow night at Raw. Obviously, he is helping the company out as Jerry Lawler continues his recovery from his heart attack.

Good to read that he is back for another week. JBL is off climbing a mountain so he wont be there, wouldn't mind them bringing in another colour commentator since JR and Cole are both play by play guys.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Looking quite forward to this show,

I wonder if Cena will be able to compete come HIAC, he said he'd be there tonight.

I look forward to Miz/Ryback and how that will progress as well as the Tag Division.

Overall, should be a good show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Heyman & Punk open in the ring. No music.

This should be a good segment already!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Awesome way to start

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Taking Raw hostage...Again. This seems to happen quite a bit. This isn't even the first time from Punk if memory serves.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Honestly expected Brad Maddox to have a different name as a referee... Guess not.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Awesome Cro-Mags shirt that Punk is wearing.

I kinda wish this lead to Maddox joining Heyman & Punk or something.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Using the NFL replacement ref thing, lol.