WWE RAW 23rd January 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I think Cody has to be on par with Barrett and Sheamus as a favourite to win (all behind Jericho of course).

I thought this a few weeks ago, but now I don't. Both Sheamus and Barrett have been built up as serious contenders on both brands, with Rhodes only featuring on Smackdown recently. Now although I haven't watched Smackdown for about a month now as I don't like most of what I've seen recently and what I've read, being one of those Smackdown superstars to be featured prominently on Raw is a big thing. I'm quite sure that Rhodes hasn't been on Raw at all the past 2 weeks, meaning he hasn't been involved in the Rumble hype. I haven't read about him cutting a promo and claiming he'll win the Rumble match, and if he does that on Friday night then it's just not enough for me to consider him as a serious contender.

For me Chris Jericho is the front runner, followed by Sheamus and Wade Barrett. My darkhorses would be Randy Orton (hometown guy) and The Miz (Truth has been booked stronger in their feud, Miz is stuck with the #1 spot, wins to prove everybody wrong and both Truth and Miz look strong), but not Cody Rhodes. He would definitely be next, alongside maybe Christian (return?) and R-Truth, but Rhodes just isn't up to the contendership level Sheamus and Barrett are.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I love Rhodes there's no chance he's winning it. He's cut one promo about the Rumble and like AK said that really isn't enough. The front runners for me are still Sheamus and Barrett. Although Jericho would be a top choice I think Barrett and Sheamus have done a great job building the Royal Rumble and they probably deserve it more than Jericho. I don't think Jericho needs the rumble tbh.

As for RAW. It was a decent show. Although it lacked matches I think the promos were good and hyped the PPV well.

Vivido

Reaction score
I edon't see how two guys talking about winning makes them the favourite? I think the favourites are Miz, Rhodes and Jericho, in no order, mostly because I don't see Miz/Truth going anywhere, Rhodes is between fueds and we have no idea what Jericho is up to, there are plently of directions you can take Sheamus and Barrett in, Barrett in particular, more time with Orton will do him a world of good.

Sheamus and Barrett will elimate each other near the end, continuing their fued, although Orton may complicate that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's a two man race to me for the rumble between Orton and Jericho. Outside chance probably goes to Sheamus but that's about it. Would be surprised if anyone else won it.

SAL

Reaction score
I edon't see how two guys talking about winning makes them the favourite? I think the favourites are Miz, Rhodes and Jericho, in no order, mostly because I don't see Miz/Truth going anywhere, Rhodes is between fueds and we have no idea what Jericho is up to, there are plently of directions you can take Sheamus and Barrett in, Barrett in particular, more time with Orton will do him a world of good.

Sheamus and Barrett will elimate each other near the end, continuing their fued, although Orton may complicate that.

Miz winning from the #1 spot to work his way into a crowded main event picture? Sell those shares. And it's not nearly Cody's time yet. Jericho is a very likely winner in my opinion. He's going to make an impact moment at the Rumble, one way or another. Sheamus is high up on the list. Barrett's lower, yes. But you're discounting Randy Orton winning in St. Louis, and you're discounting the chance of a shock win for the Punk/Ziggler loser.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
John Cena Storyline
The idea behind John Cena's "angry face" that he made to the camera after Zack Ryder was taken away in an ambulance on RAW last night was that Kane has caused him to "embrace the hate."

:lmao Is there a GIF of it anywhere? Btw, this is all weird, I'm doubting he will turn heel anytime soon but who knows leading into Mania to face a top guy like The Rock? Either way, the "embrace the hate" thing is interesting.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
With Kane I hope that Cena doesn't win easily at the Rumble, he has been built up to be a monster again and they can't finish it so soon.

I do love Monster Kane and I really hope he continues producing high quality physicality and comic book style segments for a while instead of reverting inevitably back to boring old Kane.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Although it would make sense and I wouldn't really be surprised, but I just don't feel Orton winning the Royal Rumble. Nor does he need the win. If he did, Orton/Bryan at Mania would be a treat. But still, I'm sensing Barrett or Sheamus to win more than Orton.

My prediction is Jericho.