WWE RAW 22nd October 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I noticed some of Brock Lesnars Nicknames are being given to Ryback. Like Freak of Nature & the next big thing.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Those powerbombs looked awesome. Good way to end it although I am not sure they did enough to hype the PPV.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Crowd loves Ryback, I wouldn't mind if he won at HIAC to be honest.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
not sure if the rest of you heard it but the show went off the air with Heyman saying to Punk "what do we do?" not sure if it was meant to be picked up but just shows the brilliance that is Paul Heyman

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks to everyone that posted in the thread tonight. Look forward to seeing you all again here next week.

Overall plenty of wrestling on the show but not quite enough storyline progression for my liking.

Reaction score
Just finished Raw after watching the Monday Night Game.

One thing that I can say I'm excited about, the WWE seemingly giving Gabriel a push. It's about time that the best in-ring performers are given something. Hopefully Tyson Kidd is next.

I have a weird feeling that we may see AJ align herself with Heyman and Punk sometime in the future. I also thought it was funny that they brought up AJ having "relations" and an affair with Cena after Cena's recent divorce.

Also, like [MENTION=2061]ZigglerHEEL[/MENTION] said, that was an amazing variation powerbomb.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Thanks to everyone that posted in the thread tonight. Look forward to seeing you all again here next week.

Overall plenty of wrestling on the show but not quite enough storyline progression for my liking.

I didn't have to work which is why I was able to post a lot, won't be on next week at all.

I could be home for the last hour possibly but I think I am heading up to Melbourne for Colt's Art of Wrestling Podcast :mark:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Bye bye AJ :punk3:

She'll end up on the Smackdown roster after this bring back AJ shit ends.

Show was decent, sandbagged by the poor crowd.

Killz

Reaction score
Crowd man :( unbelievable. Who's paying for the ticket to sit on their hands? If the inevitably poor rating doesn't scare the proverbial shiznit out of Vince then that dead crowd will. You could almost hear a pin drop when Cena held off on his speech to try to generate some crowd chant/noise...that almost put them off! Luckily a few guys had the right idea with the Bryan/Ziggler match. There seems to be a running theme in WWE programming at the moment to drop a really good length TV match with great workers in the middle of the show. It's a nice switch-up to the all-too-oft seen 3 minute matches surrounded by promo time. It's the best use of the extra hour.

AJ stuff bored me. I realised for the first time last night how monotone she is. Vickie is NO better in that management role though, she should stick to getting jobber/midcard heels over. Hopefully Dolph will have reason to break free of her now, that'd be sick.

Honestly most of the show was forgettable...is the intrigue meant to come from Cena and AJ? Because it's tiring. 1 week in and I'm tired.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Just something little about this new Vickie angle that I found rather endearing. At first, earlier in the show, when Vince said "Not the new GM, not the Interim GM, but the advisor something or other", I groaned and thought what's the bloody difference? This will surely be one of those poorly thought out swerves that will turn out flat.

But then they threw up their hands when Vince said to Cena "I don't even know what that means, myself" when discussing Vickie's role. Then the commentators starting loosening up and talking about how we don't really know the extent of Vickie's power, but seems to have enough to get what she wants.

So I guess really liked how they threw a bone to story nitpicking tossers like me by not only acknowledging the plot hole but eluding to some sort of conspiracy that only Vince, Vickie and maybe Ziggler seem to be in on.

So despite whether or not this angle turns out to be interesting at all, WWE still get a nice + from me for attempting story depth. Unless all this sophistication was accidental, in which case I may just be giving them too much credit again...

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Some quick thoughts.

Possible push for McGillicutty coming? He was on RAW for a change and bizarrely dominated the match against Kofi before taking his finisher. I'd be down for him on RAW or SmackDown often.

Was pissed when I saw Cesaro/Gabriel, figured we were getting the standard rematches with the same outcomes we seem to get all the time, but was cool to see them switch it up and give Gabriel the win.

AJ being removed as GM is awesome, she was terrible but Vickie being in charge is just as bad, if not worse. Should have made Heyman the GM, would have been far better. AJ's affair angle with Cena has all the potential to be Claire Lynch / AJ Styles bad. Hopefully AJ claims she's pregnant with Cena's kid at some point in the next few weeks.

Team Hell No's comedy this week was horrible. Seems like they're trying to overdo it now, didn't enjoy it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pretty good show, wouldn't call it much of a go-home show though.

Could've pushed Ryback harder with more vingettes, but he looked like a monster when he powerbombed Punk at the end. Just keep him doing crazy shit like that for most of the match with Punk and it'll go over well.

Hell, I would lay it out, with Punk being on his bicycle for five minutes, the crowd boos the shit out of him and then they pop crazy when he is caught, he bumps his ass off for Ryback for awhile, Rybacks slips on a banana peel and Punk takes over for awhile, Ryback reacts and beats on Punk, finish happens, then Lesnar's music goes on and Ryback staredown with Lesnar getting the F5 and a beat down punk slumps over Ryback for the 1-2-3.

Simple booking.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Didn't really enjoy Raw last night, wasn't anything really wrong with it, I just couldn't get into it much until the last hour and a half or so. I did enjoy Bryan/Ziggler and the WWE title build up a good bit. This definitely didn't feel like a go-home show though.

Also :lmao at this Cena/AJ stuff

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think the Bryan/Ziggler match is what WWE should have happen alot more on Raw, if a guy doesn't get much mic time, then let him go all out with a good 15 minute match, if a good match is all you can have then let it happen.

this is how most of the undercards were built in the early 00s.