WWE RAW 22nd August 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheZig

Reaction score
Pretty obvious finish but nice main event non the less, Nash i feel seems to be half assed about anything he does when he's appeared to tv recently.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terrible ending. The mainevent match was fantastic, Cena and Punk work so well together but the Nash came out and I don't get why a face Cena would take advantage of a distraction like that. That is something a heel does. Then Del Rio attacks to little response from the crowd and Johnny Ace and the ref do a bad job holding him back. I expected Johnny Ace to at least take the mic after the match to say something.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah they should have done better with the end but I think they'll correct it next week

Hopefully but still the ending was just strange.

Pretty obvious finish but nice main event non the less, Nash i feel seems to be half assed about anything he does when he's appeared to tv recently.

Whenever he has been on the mic he doesn't seem outdated. He hasn't caught up yet with the pace of things and his comments just aren't, for want of a better word, edgey enough.

SoccerBoy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kaitlyn
Terrible ending. The mainevent match was fantastic, Cena and Punk work so well together but the Nash came out and I don't get why a face Cena would take advantage of a distraction like that. That is something a heel does. Then Del Rio attacks to little response from the crowd and Johnny Ace and the ref do a bad job holding him back. I expected Johnny Ace to at least take the mic after the match to say something.

I agree the main event was fantastic and we did not deserve that ending. We all expected something different. But it is what it is.
I think its obvious that ACE and Nash are working together but why?

Hopefully we get answers next week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree the main event was fantastic and we did not deserve that ending. We all expected something different. But it is what it is.
I think its obvious that ACE and Nash are working together but why?

Hopefully we get answers next week.

Yeah I kind of expected Ace to say something even if it was just well done Nash or something like that to at least acknowledge that it was him. Next week I guess HHH will open the show all fired up and demanding answers from Ace and Nash.

SoccerBoy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kaitlyn
Yeah I kind of expected Ace to say something even if it was just well done Nash or something like that to at least acknowledge that it was him. Next week I guess HHH will open the show all fired up and demanding answers from Ace and Nash.

Yeah I see Triple H opening up the show next week like that. Overall it was a good show with a fanstastic main event and a crap ending. I think the Edmonton crowd should get major props for the way they were tonight. They were a really enegertic crowd and the pop that they made when Kofi and Evan won was crazy and awesome.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Overall it was a really good show with three good matches. As you said the crowd was fantastic.

On a side note we broke the record for most posts in a RAW discussion thread! The previous record was 291 and this is post 292. Great job again to everyone that posted, it is a lot of fun chatting live with everyone to discuss RAW as it happens. Hopefully there will be a few more posts in the next few days to push it over the 300 post mark.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I thought we had 300 awhile back maybe that was a ppv

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
We have broken the 300 mark for a couple of PPV's but they are 3 hours so nearly 300 for a two hour RAW is pretty incredible.