WWE RAW 1st April 2013 - The Stars Are Out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah that scene with Heyman impersonating Bearer was pretty fucked up. It's one thing to just use the guy's passing to build a storyline around, but actually going THAT far and attempting to fool the audience that Bearer might still be alive wasn't necessary. I'm obviously not CRYING about it and it didn't even piss me off, I just sort of shook my head at it and saw it for what it was: really stupid Wrestlemania hype.

And overall I thought it was a pretty weak pre-Mania edition of Raw. The ending didn't leave me in suspense and anxiously waiting for Sunday, it just left me saying "Okay WOW, really?" The fact there was no last confrontation between Cena and Rock was a little stupid too and I didn't enjoy either of their solo promos. Even the crowd was chanting "boring" during Cena's. Brock and Triple H's segment was okay, but really nothing new and nothing that built on to their feud. Everything just seemed like filler and nothing at all like a "ROAD to Wrestlemania".

Oh and the IC title match being on the fucking pre show is a complete joke. Frankly I think the whole idea of a pre show is Blue because what is the point? Is something really going to happen between Miz and Wade that will make a few more viewers buy the ppv? And if something that special will happen during the match, why not include it on the ppv? Why must I go out of my fucking way to another source just to see the whole show? The pre show is bullshit and now TITLES are being defended on them? RIP Intercontinental title.

Just really disappointed in this Raw for various reasons. Hopefully Mania makes up for it, but this show truly was a mess. I did like the Fandango thing with him holding up cards to rate Jericho's moves and I really enjoyed Bryan vs Ziggler. Those two segments were good. But the whole thing with Punk and Fake Bearer at the end was just imbecilic and not a great note to end on.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Eh, I'll reserve judgment until I've watched it, but the whole Paul Bearer impersonation thing sounds more Blue than insensitive if anything.

I honestly picture myself face-palming than being genuinely offended at this point.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, like I said, I just thought it was unbelievably idiotic. On your last edition of Raw, you're supposed to really leave on a good cliffhanger that makes Wrestlemania a priority for Sunday. But instead of doing that, they dressed Heynan up like a dead guy just to give Punk a little more heat that he didn't need. And I doubt that match will even be the headliner, in fact, I'm pretty sure both Rock/Cena and Brock/Trips will follow it. Wouldn't a logical thinker end this show pushing one of those two matches further instead? Preferably Rock/Cena? We already know Punk didn't attract any mainstream viewers the whole fucking time he was champion, so what makes them think he'll do that now? I just don't get that at all.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I had no problem with it. I sincerely believe that guys like Bearer, Eddie and others would be completely ok with being used even after death. The family signed off on it and the WWE did have the foresight to ask so I've got no qualms.

Blujay

Reaction score
It's not The Dominator, the Dominator is cool. Whatever this is, E takes the blunt of the force with the guy coming down basically on top of him, looks so stupid especially with a big guy like Kane.

It's essentially a gutbuster. Watch how the guys sell it. I've seen Kane, Jericho, and Bryan all grab their abs to sell after taking it. The delivery makes it look that much more impressive when he leaps in the air like that, especially with big guys like Kane. The crowd pop should tell you that. Remember, they don't see things like we do... Usually.

Blujay

Reaction score
Nothing much stood out on the show aside from the Divas match because I didn't know the Funkadactyl with the nicer, bigger ass could actually work and it was nice to see. That dropkick right out of the gate blew my mind. HBK taking off the vest just seemed... badass? to me. I miss him in the ring. I actually enjoyed the Taker/Punk ending. It's been reported that Bearer's family signed off on this storyline. Deal with it. Is it tasteless? Yeah. But it worked for me. It made the match that much more personal to me and it made Punk look sadistic/crazy for doing something like that. Remember, they aren't marketing to us but the average viewer and that segment for sure made them want to see Punk get his ass handed to him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rock/Cena got one promo each tonight, I don't get how people are saying this build is better that last year unless try just hated last year's because it's nonexistent this year.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
man, that show was lousy..... I can't imagine any casual fans who tuned in last night to see if they should buy the PPV were convinced to do so....

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I had no problem with it. I sincerely believe that guys like Bearer, Eddie and others would be completely ok with being used even after death. The family signed off on it and the WWE did have the foresight to ask so I've got no qualms.
I'm actually starting to think that Paul Bearer's son must have hated him.

AF.

Reaction score
Just skimmed RAW and going into it I knew it was the go-home show but watching it it certainly didn't feel like it.

I wish sometimes they would stop with the promos and just hit each other. Swagger/Del Rio did that, and Punk/Taker towards the end. Obviously Brock should have gotten down with HBK and HHH, no fucking idea why they teased it and that segment was piss poor much like this entire feud has been so far. Rock and Cena's promo's were boring and they just rehashed everything they've already said for weeks. Last weeks segment with the legends should have been tonight. CM Punk/Undertaker final segment really saved the show, just because of how far WWE pushed it. I like seeing them be edgy, and it sort of made up for the lackluster show before it.

Fandango stuff was good. Ryback/Henry was creative. Skimmed the rest lightly, but more confrontations were definitely needed.

AF.

Reaction score
Rock/Cena got one promo each tonight, I don't get how people are saying this build is better that last year unless try just hated last year's because it's nonexistent this year.

This year just seems more natural whereas last year it seemed forced. It was like WWE tried to live up to the '1 year in the making' and tried to go absolutely balls out but it didn't come across as they intended. Last year they seemed adamant on humiliating and embarassing each other and this year feels like more of a rivalry, and more of a WM Main Event. It hasn't tried too hard (I wish they did more tonight though) like last year and has felt more natural in the process. The build is already there and they are just playing off it.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I'm actually starting to think that Paul Bearer's son must have hated him.
At least WWE didn't have Punk dressed as Undertaker humping a Paul Bearer mannequin in a casket.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Paul Bearer's sons have both taken to facebook today saying that they were asked for approval on last night's segment but it was different from what they were presented and they don't seem to happy about it
Here is the story from Wrestlinginc.com

Michael Moody, son of the late Paul Bearer, commented on Facebook about the closing segment from Monday's RAW which saw CM Punk pouring ashes all over The Undertaker.
He wrote:

"If anyone is wondering, yes WWE did come to us wanting approval for tonight's storyline. The way it was presented to us was ok. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say."

Michael's brother Daniel also commented saying:

"Totally different."

Read more: Paul Bearer's Sons Comment On Last Night's RAW Closing Segment - WrestlingInc.com

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Everything will be okay when Undertaker wins Sunday.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Thats pretty fucked up, its a situation they should treat with kid gloves. Especially considering they're using a real life death just to sell a fake fighting show.