WWE RAW 1st April 2013 - The Stars Are Out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't know on one hand there is the bad taste factor on the other hand the basis of the storyline is for Punk to go as far as he has to go to get into Taker's head so it serves a purpose. Was interesting to say the least.

Aside from that was surprised at the Noami and Cameron vs Bellas match but in a way not really as I knew Noami had talent from watching her in FCW just needed the chance to show it. Cameron looked pretty solid out there herself in the short time she got. Hoping they get more in ring time. Brock/HHH stuff was fine. I liked Shawn's promo and looking forward to his involvement in the match. Cena's promo was just really bad and kind of glad he got boring chants. His mic work last year was light years better for the build for the match this year. The build period is just very underwhelming considering this match in theory is supposed to come off bigger than it did the last time which just isn't the case to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just to comment on that closing segment, there was no need to go as far as they did. The druids were great, Heyman as Bearer was good, Punk as a druid attacking Taker with the urn was well executed but that is where it should have stopped. Can't see any logical reason for dumping the ashes and it didn't help the segment at all. Should have closed with Punk doing the Undertaker pose over The Undertaker with the damaged urn in his arm whilst Heyman stood over him.

AF.

Reaction score
Glad I'm one of the only ones who thought the ashes dumping was awesome. Don't complain when we have The Muppets and Pee Wee comedy segments.

Reaction score
Paul Bearer's sons have both taken to facebook today saying that they were asked for approval on last night's segment but it was different from what they were presented and they don't seem to happy about it
Here is the story from Wrestlinginc.com

Michael Moody, son of the late Paul Bearer, commented on Facebook about the closing segment from Monday's RAW which saw CM Punk pouring ashes all over The Undertaker.
He wrote:

"If anyone is wondering, yes WWE did come to us wanting approval for tonight's storyline. The way it was presented to us was ok. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say."

Michael's brother Daniel also commented saying:

"Totally different"
Read more: Paul Bearer's Sons Comment On Last Night's RAW Closing Segment - WrestlingInc.com

I am not surprised that they feel that way. The people that say his sons love this storyline and that Paul Bearer is laughing in heaven can now stop.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That doesn't negate Paul Bearer enjoyed watching Punk juggle around the urn. Also, when Punk gets put into a place(like any outrageous heel usually does) Sunday everything will be fine and Taker and probably KANE will show some proper respect.

Of course if WWE does something to surprise us with Punk, I bet it will come off extremely racy but may be very entertaining. When the nWo insulted the Four Horsemen after Arn was forced to retire that was considered overboard too but that doesn't mean it wasn't hilarious unless you are stuck up. Don't even make me defend Katie Vick either because that is my all-time favorite angle.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And that doesn't negate the fact either that Bearer's family is evidently pissed off about the segment, so it really doesn't matter how "funny" a few sick fans thought it was. Fans can crow all day about it and justify it however the like, but it's completely irrelevant if the family is upset about it, particularly if WWE told them they were going to do one thing and did something totally different just so it would add more "shock" value. And it wasn't even shocking, it was just despicable and disgusting. It didn't improve or enhance the story line whatsoever and it certainly wasn't fun to watch unless you're just the type of person who gets off on other people's sadness. Frankly WWE, CM Punk, and Paul Heyman all owe Bearer's family a serious apology for that segment.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, well I do agree that what Punk did at Raw was overboard and it wasn't even overboard in a funny way. The stuff prior to it I can defend but still I think everyone is overreacting because Punk is gonna lose Sunday and everything he did will be atoned for if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing when we watch wrestling and that is suspend belief.

A public apology on the side for that one particular segment wouldn't be a bad thing either but should be on the WWE website and not apart of their weekly programming.

Reaction score
That doesn't negate Paul Bearer enjoyed watching Punk juggle around the urn. Also, when Punk gets put into a place(like any outrageous heel usually does) Sunday everything will be fine and Taker and probably KANE will show some proper respect.

Of course if WWE does something to surprise us with Punk, I bet it will come off extremely racy but may be very entertaining. When the nWo insulted the Four Horsemen after Arn was forced to retire that was considered overboard too but that doesn't mean it wasn't hilarious unless you are stuck up. Don't even make me defend Katie Vick either because that is my all-time favorite angle.

Okay but those segments were completely different. They weren't based on a situation that actually occurred off screen. Paul Bearer did actually die and using his death in this sort of way is upsetting. I know there will be a payoff at Wrestlemania but that isn't the point. That angle they did with Big Show's dad back in the 90's was messed up too but at least the man didn't actually die. Paul Bearer did and there isn't anything entertaining about these segments involving him, particularly this week's segment. That's the way I feel about it and it does not shock me that Paul's sons are upset as well. It's one thing to agree to something but to actually witness it is completely different. The fact that they told them they would do one thing and changed it for the worse was very inconsiderate. They did not take their feelings into account at all.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't think it really matters how the story ends on Sunday because they've already confirmed to the Moody family that they're not interested in avoiding disrespect to Paul in the interest of selling their PPV. Clearly Wrestlemania comes before "silly things" like that, because it seems like WWE just completely disregarded the fact a bereaved family was giving them the "ok" on this idea initially and instead of treading lightly on it, decided to drag Paul's likeness through the mud completely as if the entire family would just applaud this brilliant idea and think it was AWESOME television. When you really think about it, it's just unbelievably insensitive and just plain STUPID on WWE's part.

And honestly, if the Moody family wasn't upset about this, I wouldn't be bitching about it either. But that whole situation changes when you have WWE lying to them about details and then doing seriously questionable and degrading things on television that really cross the line and upset them. I'm all for shock value normally, but not when you start treading on real-life tragedy. Someone has to step in and think beyond buy rates at some point, and clearly Vince, Heyman, and Punk are not the ones to do that. Any one of them could have stepped in and prevented that segment. And honestly, I'm not letting Undertaker himself off the hook completely either.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I did say they should apologize for it and I understand everything you are saying if it just pertains to the segment that ended Raw.

But you are trying to tell a fan that likes a tasteless angle every now and then that I should be morally outspoken about this thing. Sometimes things just go too far and this isn't the first time wrestling has crossed the line and I'm sure it won't be the last. If I got really incredibly upset about this I'd have to question wrestling as a whole as I'm questioning whether or not my opinion on this is right or wrong.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think it really matters how the story ends on Sunday because they've already confirmed to the Moody family that they're not interested in avoiding disrespect to Paul in the interest of selling their PPV. Clearly Wrestlemania comes before "silly things" like that, because it seems like WWE just completely disregarded the fact a bereaved family was giving them the "ok" on this idea initially and instead of treading lightly on it, decided to drag Paul's likeness through the mud completely as if the entire family would just applaud this brilliant idea and think it was AWESOME television. When you really think about it, it's just unbelievably insensitive and just plain STUPID on WWE's part.

And honestly, if the Moody family wasn't upset about this, I wouldn't be bitching about it either. But that whole situation changes when you have WWE lying to them about details and then doing seriously questionable and degrading things on television that really cross the line and upset them. I'm all for shock value normally, but not when you start treading on real-life tragedy. Someone has to step in and think beyond buy rates at some point, and clearly Vince, Heyman, and Punk are not the ones to do that. Any one of them could have stepped in and prevented that segment. And honestly, I'm not letting Undertaker himself off the hook completely either.
They didn't lie to him he was fine with it and approved it just was hard to watch despite that

Wrestling-edge.com said:
- To update yesterday’s post, WWE representative Adam Hopkins reached out and asked that we post the following text message that WWE officials received from Paul Bearer’s son Michael Moody regarding the closing segment on Monday’s RAW with CM Punk and The Undertaker:

TEXT FROM MICHAEL MOODY TO WWE:

“Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn’t what I envisioned. That I didn’t have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over “media outlets”. For the record. I was fine w it. Was hard to watch but y’all are professionals and I trust.”

Reaction score
PHX, that's what the initial article said.

Besides, Vince McMahon and the gang should be intelligent enough to know how this would affect their feelings.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The initial article actually said the way it was presented to them was okay but seeing it play out on T.V was different which goes perfectly with the text Bearer's son sent saying by that he just meant it was hard to watch but he was still fine with it. His tweet just got misconstrued into thinking he meant WWE lied to him when that wasn't what he was saying.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
My question is this; if Paul Bearer hadn't passed, how would WWE have built up the feud?

the media taking shit out of context? I would never have guessed.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler