WWE RAW 19th August 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Who’s the Best?
omqiDWF.jpg

CM Punk made good on his word to take Brock Lesnar to the limit. Unfortunately for him, his other promise – to harm Paul Heyman at all costs – caused The Second City Saint to take his focus off The Anomaly and lose the match in the process. With Punk having fallen to his monstrous enemy, this particular chapter in their rivalry comes to a close. Given his relentlessness, though, it’s hard to believe the former WWE Champion plans on leaving Heyman and his minions alone for very long.

Just one more
TMx1sdF.jpg

Christian, Christian, at last you are … still in the hunt. Having finally gotten the “One More Match” he has fought for over the past two years, Captain Charisma pulled out all the stops in a classic contest against Alberto Del Rio at SummerSlam. For all the former World Heavyweight Champion’s heart, however, it still wasn’t enough to wrest the gold from The Essence of Excellence. On the wrong end of a heartbreaking defeat, how will Christian rally to make another run at the title?

A feast for buzzards
kanebray.jpg

Kane followed the buzzards straight to his downfall in the inaugural Ring of Fire Match at SummerSlam; Erick Rowan & Luke Harper managed to smother the flames surrounding the ring and get their hands on The Devil’s Favorite Demon right as he was about to send Bray Wyatt to hell. The assault led to Kane’s defeat, though it was an attack by Harper & Rowan with the steel steps that truly seemed to leave the demon broken. With The Wyatt Family having preserved their prophet from a fiery doom, who will the hellish holy man target next in his crusade?

The climb
pedigree.jpg

Daniel Bryan waited 14 years to become WWE Champion, and now the wait begins anew. Much was made of whether or not Bryan could defeat John Cena for the title and now that he has, Bryan’s status as an elite competitor in WWE has been forever cemented. And yet, the submission master has a naked waist to show for his efforts, thanks to the actions of Triple H and Randy Orton. How will Bryan respond, or recover, from this betrayal? Can he even do such a thing?

The next phase
orton2.jpg

Well, Mr. McMahon got his wish: Neither John Cena nor Daniel Bryan is WWE Champion. Instead, the titleholder is Randy Orton, who happily took advantage of a Pedigree to Daniel Bryan by cashing in his Money in the Bank contract and claiming the title for himself. What lies in store for Orton, and how does The Game play into it? Find out tonight at 8/7 CT, only on USA Network.

:DB2:

DISCUSS!

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Looking forward to RAW, should be stacked!

Can't wait to see how the HHH/Vince/Orton/Bryan scenario plays out, I expect Orton/Bryan at NOC.

Wyatt one should be interesting, no idea who they will target next. I'd say they head into the tag division or something with Uso's or Tons of Funk.

Christian doesn't seem to have anything in store for him at this point, a feud with Axel or teaming up with RVD would be sweet.

Can't see CM/Lesnar happening at NOC, possibly that becomes CM/Axel but I don't want to see that.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I guess the McMahon family finally had to admit the superiority of Orton's beard to Bryan's :vince2:

Killz

Reaction score
1) I think Punk will work with Axel and make him look a million bucks for a PPV or perhaps two depending on what's going on around them giving the main event enough time to take hold and see where they want challenges to come from.

2) Christian did it again, like I said, and put on one hell of a match. No-one works with technical brawlers and traditional wrestlers better than Christian. He's been witness to a lot of evolution in his time and can still go. I hope he goes heel or gets something meaty to sink his teeth into. Hell, give him and Del Rio ONE MORE MONTH!

3) Bray/Kane situation is interesting. It seemed pretty final in terms of actually feuding so the story has to develop (wherever this strange kidnap angle is going to go) but at the same time Wyatt didn't look very good on his first PPV outing at all. I say creepy ass promo this week hinting at what they've done with Kane. Maybe name drop 'Taker. Then the next week or two Bray needs to get his hands dirty in the ring and show everyone he can go so he can be seen as a threat in the ring too.

4) D-Bry will get Orton. Likely at NoC but I can't wait to see Bryan work the mic tonight. Will we see Bryan first or Hunter/Orton? That tension before the first theme of the night hits won't get much bigger than tonight.

5) EVOLUTION2.0 PLEASE. Ryback as muscle to protect Vince's investment. Bring someone up from NXT or something at NoC (to save the title) to play the Orton "rookie" role and BOOM, there's your Wrestlemania main event practically booked for you. All you need is some resistance in the mean time and then you go with Orton/Bryan or Orton/Punk at 'Mania and HHH/Cena (Y) just don't rush it. Or no evolution and just Orton and Bryan killing a couple of pay-per-views will do me fine.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'd much rather prefer Orton/Punk in the Mania main event over Orton/Bryan or Orton/Cena if Orton is going to be in the title picture for that long, and for goodness sake I hope they don't have Orton/Sheamus or something, that would just flat out kill any interest I have in Wrestlemania XXX.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I am so pumped to see heel Triple H again, it's been far too long.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing where they go with the whole thing from here. With how things went last night I'm guessing that Triple H and Vince McMahon will run the company side by side while their champion Orton gets to do whatever he likes. I can't imagine the corporate struggle storyline will continue since they have nothing left to disagree about.

Still pretty unclear if they're going to go for Evolution 2.0. I'm guessing we'll find that out tonight though.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Would prefer Corporation over Evolution, but maybe that's just me.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
People are looking for the Corporation or Evolution... we're not getting either. We're getting BOTH!

Corporate Evolution FTW!

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Look at em' faces in the crowd when HHH is laying the Smackdown on Bryan. Specifically the woman in pink, the guy with spectacles and the bearded dude on the left.

Priceless.

WWE PPVs are supposed to make people interested in the next RAW. Vince McMahon, being the genius he is, has managed to catch my "on-edge" attention at least until the next Wrestlemania.

I don't know about you guys but I'm feeling all nostalgic, with that tingling feeling in my spine that I haven't had since....Stone Cold and McMahon screwed over The Rock? I know you cannot really compare this to that, but hey, why not.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
1)5) EVOLUTION2.0 PLEASE. Ryback as muscle to protect Vince's investment. Bring someone up from NXT or something at NoC (to save the title) to play the Orton "rookie" role and BOOM, there's your Wrestlemania main event practically booked for you. All you need is some resistance in the mean time and then you go with Orton/Bryan or Orton/Punk at 'Mania and HHH/Cena (Y) just don't rush it. Or no evolution and just Orton and Bryan killing a couple of pay-per-views will do me fine.
LOVE this idea however I wouldn't go with Ryback as the muscle, I'd either go with recruiting Big E who I think has more upside than Ryback or even a returning Matt Morgan would be pretty incredible.

Really not sure on who could be the Orton of the group although I do honestly think that Big E could take that role if they put Morgan as the muscle as while Big E is a jacked motherfucker, he's not an overly big guy.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS RAW OMG :mark:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
People are looking for the Corporation or Evolution... we're not getting either. We're getting BOTH!

Corporate Evolution FTW!
We don't tease about that epicness level

Killz

Reaction score
LOVE this idea however I wouldn't go with Ryback as the muscle, I'd either go with recruiting Big E who I think has more upside than Ryback or even a returning Matt Morgan would be pretty incredible.

Really not sure on who could be the Orton of the group although I do honestly think that Big E could take that role if they put Morgan as the muscle as while Big E is a jacked motherfucker, he's not an overly big guy.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS RAW OMG :mark:

I just think Ryback screams "muscle for hire" with this new bullying gimmick whereas Big E is currently some divas whipping boy, you know? E does have the look though so if they spent a month serious'ing his ass up I'd be for it.

You know who I'd love in the Orton rookie role? Corey Graves, Adrian "Pac" Neville or hell, bring both of them up and there's your tag-team for the stable AND your rookies with plenty of upside in one swoop. Keep Ryback or Morgan in mind for muscle and make it a 5 man group, who the hell cares at that point just come out to LINE IN THE SAND. I'm not expecting much but I would die of joy if I heard that to open RAW haha

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Gonna be crazy to see a heel Triple H after all this time. Never thought he'd get the chance at it again. He could really pull off this generations Vince's heel authority figure perfectly. From that to Orton, where Vince and Steph fit in all of this, what Bryan is going to do, what Punk/Heyman/Brock gonna do, etc. Just a very jam packed post PPV Raw that could be a lot of fun.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
SAIYANS said:
We don't tease about that epicness level

Both would be fine, but I'd prefer Corporation over Evolution solely because they tried to replicate Evolution (in some ways) with Legacy and I just wasn't a big fan of that stable. Plus, if they went with the Corporation angle, it would directly, and inevitably lead to a feud with Punk somewhere down the line, which is another thing I want to see.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just think Ryback screams "muscle for hire" with this new bullying gimmick whereas Big E is currently some divas whipping boy, you know? E does have the look though so if they spent a month serious'ing his ass up I'd be for it.

You know who I'd love in the Orton rookie role? Corey Graves, Adrian "Pac" Neville or hell, bring both of them up and there's your tag-team for the stable AND your rookies with plenty of upside in one swoop. Keep Ryback or Morgan in mind for muscle and make it a 5 man group, who the hell cares at that point just come out to LINE IN THE SAND. I'm not expecting much but I would die of joy if I heard that to open RAW haha
I get what you mean about Ryback and it's perfectly plausible, just personal preference on my part. As far as the comment goes about Big E I can totally understand that too, but 2/3 promos with the figureheads of the group and he becomes instantly credible in my opinion.

I was also thinking about Graves and Pac too but I just don't think they fit the group image. Graves to me is just an all round better looking CM Punk and would look out of place as would PAC who's likely going to have a Kofi like career at best.