WWE RAW 18th February 2013 - Elimination Chamber Fallout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Punk’d
EC13_Photo_140_FivePoint.jpg

It looks like that’s all she wrote for CM Punk’s reign as WWE Champion. Despite his best efforts to reclaim the precious championship from The Rock through means both conventional (winning the match) and underhanded (absconding with the actual, physical title and declaring himself champion), The Straight Edge Superstar fell short against The Brahma Bull for the second straight month. And barring further shenanigans, Punk finds himself out of the WWE Title picture for the first time since November 2011. But given that this is CM Punk we’re talking about, further shenanigans are likely to ensue. What trickery will the former WWE Champion pull off to facilitate his return to the mountaintop?

'Justice' league
20130217_Shield.jpg

In The Shield’s second sanctioned WWE bout at Elimination Chamber, the imposing trio of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns conquered a veritable “super team” in John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback — a chilling victory in the name of what the imposing trio calls “justice.” The Shield now casts its collective gaze down the final stretch of The Road to WrestleMania … and the potential targets that are known only to the black-clad triumvirate.
Of the NXT standouts’ opponents at Elimination Chamber, it was Ryback who appeared most frustrated in the wake of his team’s loss, storming up the entrance ramp and leaving his bewildered allies puzzled in the ring. (RESULTS | PHOTOS) How will Ryback respond to his defeat at the hands of The Shield or, perhaps most importantly, who would be foolish enough to get in the juggernaut’s way on Raw?

Patriot games

That’s one way to punctuate a return. The rejuvenated Jack Swagger scored a surprise victory in the Elimination Chamber Match and punched his ticket to Springsteen country, where he’ll challenge Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania in MetLife Stadium. Swagger’s turnaround from his disappointing (and ultimately cut-short) 2012 has been outstanding, and victory in the Chamber — not to mention the tutelage of Zeb Colter — seems to have finally put him on the proper path back to World Title glory. How will the “Real American” kick off his WrestleMania journey?

The opportune moment

Of course, there is still one wrinkle left in the World Heavyweight Championship picture: Dolph Ziggler and that ubiquitous Money in the Bank contract he’s been toting around since July. The Showoff has proven himself a most patient player when it comes to cashing in his contract, having waited out three separate World Champions — Sheamus, Big Show and now Del Rio — thus far. But WrestleMania is quickly approaching, and there’s no bigger show for Ziggler to steal. Will he look to redeem his free pass at the “Big Gold Title” before The Show of Shows? Or does he have a larger scheme in mind?

WWE Championship Match set for Grandest Stage
20130217_RockTitleFivePoint.jpg

Looks like it’s down to The Rock and John Cena again. Only this time, the stakes are higher than anyone could have ever predicted, and the WWE Championship — not merely bragging rights — is what’s up for grabs on The Grandest Stage of Them All. With The Rock having fought hell and high water to claim his eighth WWE Championship and Cena having vowed to make 2013 his year, the only question remaining is who wants the victory more in the biggest rematch in history? Monday will give us our first semblance of an answer.
Looking forward to this show, thought the event last night was pretty great so hopefully they can follow up on that.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Excited for tonight! Really hoping Cena comes out and cuts a very serious promo on his match with The Rock... too much goofball shit last time around.... also wondering where the Shield goes from here? They were awesome last night (especially Reigns) and would love to see them in the ring a bit more going forward

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm fully expecting a 20+ minute corny segment with Rock/Cena making jokes towards each other then putting the other over. Punk comes down gets the FU then people elbow and have a face off to close the show.

SHIELD!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm actually more excited for this show than I've ever been for Raw. So much stuff to go off of. Considering what I've been told about Elimination Chamber, this is going to be great show!

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Hopefully Mark Henry beats the hell out of someone and maybe Christian will come back. I know Jericho won't be on tonight, he's going on tour.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Should be a good RAW, I'm hoping for some IC build up with Dallas/Barrett as well

Reaction score
Excited for this. I wonder what is next for cm punk and the shield. Hopefully Cena/Rock do something different in this feud instead of the fruity pebble stuff. Maybe an appearance by Lesnar/Taker?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION] why do you want Bo/Wade so much.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Cena to start...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking forward to this after a good PPV yesterday. Everyone came out of it looking good even Punk since he was able to kick out of the Rock Bottom and Peoples Elbow.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I hope Punk reminds us it's once in a lifetime.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hopefully we get a HHH appearance tonight especially if he is going to wrestle at WM this year.